What's your farthest ride on your Radrover?

@mrgold35 I doubt you'll see that at those PAS levels or any level 1-5. I'm 180 lbs. and I've gotten 25-30 miles maximum on PAS 1-2 with the Radrover in stock form. A 52V battery at the same 11.6 Ah will grant you a little more range.

I am also curious about other people's battery mileage, but I am beginning to think that there are too many variables for a meaningful comparison.

Even my own results can vary a lot:

I have the Voltbike Yukon 750 with very similar specs as the Radrover (fat tire, 750w Bafang, 48v x 10.4 amp, similar price & weight, etc.).

One time, I rode 68.86 km (43 miles) with 3 bars left, and another time, I rode 64 km with only 1 bar left.

Both were leisurely rides with pedal assist and a bit of full throttle, on pavement, 7 psi in the tires. Net elevation change was zero (because it was a round trip).

I am also curious about other people's battery mileage, but I am beginning to think that there are too many variables for a meaningful comparison.

Even my own results can vary a lot:
Wonderful observation, that mileage varies with temp, charge, pedalling efforts, and so on. I'm happy when the battery is there for me when the rad gets to a hill. A spare battery on a long excursion is not a bad idea :)

Decided to go for an extra long bike ride early this morning (6am-9am). I was able to go 36.2 miles on the LCD Odo in about 3 hrs with a solid one bar of power left. I wanted to run until the battery started blinking; but, I returned home because my legs gave out before the battery. I usually set PAS to 5 and the gear to 7th for max speed to commute to/from work during the week ( around 13 miles round-trip and 1 bar when I get home on a single charge). I wanted to see how far I could get at PAS 3 and the gears set between 4-6 gears most of time (the most comfortable rhythm I can maintain long distance). I had the wife's RR battery in the rack bag as a spare; but, didn't need it.

Ride:
- average around 13 mph (12-14 mph depending on slight up/down inclines).
- started at my house at 5400ft and rode about 4 miles to 4900ft to paved bike paths near Rio Grande river
- rode the entire level bike path up and down that parallels the north/south river running river
- had the entire trail to myself until the sun came up. Really dislike the slow zombie walkers that travel in packs of 2-4 wide with headphones, walking their dogs on 20ft leashes, talking, and taking up both bike lanes. Main reason why I left at 6am.

Temp (cold to cool, no wind, clear skies, dry):
- It started in the mid 40s at 6am
- maybe around low 50s by sun up
- mid to upper 50s heading home around 9am

Bike (maybe around 70-75lbs total weight with gear):
- pretty much configured like my avatar pic (Cloud 9 seat, suntour suspension post, 2 sets of headlights, rack+topeak rack bag, topeak fuel tank bag, iphone holder, Luna cycle battery bag)
- spare RR battery
- PSI set to 20
- front suspension locked
- RR headlight and LCD backlight on for about the 1st hour
- PAS stayed at level 3 the entire ride
- Watts range was between 50-150 at 13-13.5 mph in 4th to 6th gear at river
- Watts range was 250-600 the 4 miles home on the 500ft elevation climb at PAS 3

Me (maybe 300lbs total with me and gear):
- 50 yrs old, 6'3", 270lbs
- full cold weather gear (jacket, riding pants, padded cold weather bike gloves, full face ski mask, size 14 shoes, clear glasses (night), sunglasses (sun up), and Fox bike helmet
- Osprey Radial 34 commuter backpack with 100oz Camelbak reservoir, lighter wind breaker, half finger gloves, bike shorts, and bike cable/lock (need back pack to store gear because it gets really warm once the sun comes up)
- Topeak Mega 10 watt helmet mounted light+battery
- 3 hours passed out on the couch after the ride

Back