Specialized Turbo Vado SL: An Incredible E-Bike (User Club)

Claiming 75 miles but in his paniers are extra batteries.
129 miles on a single day or 163 miles spread over 2 days. With extra batteries of course. Your butt would not stand such long rides, and you would need to go to the hospital with your legs. I am also afraid you could not afford extra batteries :D
Stefan cheats on his rides.
Who am I cheating, actually?

1715151140769.png

At the start of the 163 mi gravel race.

1715151238315.png

Halfway on the 129 mile ride.

I can't afford the weight of extra battery.
I have a prescribed routine to oily use one battery.
You can cheat all you want with your extra batteries post ride reports you rode 75 miles I don't care.

-Pathfinder Pro 42 tubeless in clay. The bike seized up completely once enough got jammed in there, but the tires didn't slip much before that.
-Ortlieb quick rack with mud scraping stick
Not e-bike related, but I was on a group tour along the C&O Towpath trail a number of years ago. Most were on some sort of hybrid but one couple had Trek "Crossrip" bikes with full fenders. We were all envying the way they were staying clean on some muddy sections until they started coming to full stops with sticky clay packed up under the fenders!

@Stefan Mikes I know what you mean about sand. Our trails often get that way during a dry summer.

It seems that someone is jealous of you Stefan. It is so cute!! Like a toddler worshipping his smarter, stronger, and better looking older sibling. Adorable.
Stefan is the better looking sibling!?!?
I guess there's always a shorter stick.. 🙃
screenshot_20211204-212327_youtube.jpg
Or are you just into man_breast?
Screenshot_20240508_090038_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Reed,

I'm not familiar with the Tero 5, but since is comes with 29x2.35 Ground Controls I probably wouldn't use tires less than 2" wide. That would lower the bottom bracket which is good for tarmac riding but risky off-road. Narrower tires will also quicken the steering which may be good or bad. Narrower tires will also provide less cushioning which may be felt in the back.

What type of riding do you do? That will determine the tire type (width, tread, casing).
I have a Tero 5.0 and I have replaced the 29x2.35 GCs with Sworks 42 mm pathfinders for road/smoother gravel with no issues with the smaller circumference wheels. In fact it actually more closely matches the factory set WHc (my Tero was programmed as a Vado with 650 B 2.3 in pathfinders I think). The Tero stock BB height is fairly high so switching to smaller tires for road shouldn't be an issue.

I have a Tero 5.0 and I have replaced the 29x2.35 GCs with Sworks 42 mm pathfinders for road/smoother gravel with no issues with the smaller circumference wheels. In fact it actually more closely matches the factory set WHc (my Tero was programmed as a Vado with 650 B 2.3 in pathfinders I think). The Tero stock BB height is fairly high so switching to smaller tires for road shouldn't be an issue.
I still say 47 mm is the optimal size for the 25 mm Tero 5 rims. Specialized is not missing tyres in size 47-622, as these are the "wide" gravel rubbers.

Back