The best taillight on the market right now...

Here is a somewhat cheaper alternative.
It includes 5 types of lighting, fast blink, slow blink steady etc.
Motion activation of light on a rechargeable battery, brake indication.
Motion alarm 115 DB,(which is why I bought mine), 3 horn sounds, remote dongle or attached button operation, daylight sense and good ratings on Amazon. Whew !
I have had mine over 2 years and it's still working great.

Seems nice but may be not bright enough in sunny day??

Is it legal (or is it photoshop??) - I'd have distance to use that bright in night.. Police would not be surprised if stopped one using (if photo indeed shows 'true' glare) it.
At a certain point you have to concern yourself with pissing people off. I'm frankly not concerned with what is 'legal' but I am concerned with what is safe. I've been involved in altercations with drivers face-to-face and its a grab bag whether or not you'll take on someone who is armed better than you are. Then there is the moth effect. This article is not scientific but its an easy read.

At a certain point you have to concern yourself with pissing people off. I'm frankly not concerned with what is 'legal' but I am concerned with what is safe. I've been involved in altercations with drivers face-to-face and its a grab bag whether or not you'll take on someone who is armed better than you are. Then there is the moth effect. This article is not scientific but its an easy read.

Interesting, not unlike daytime target fixation. A concept many bike riders are unfamiliar with. Look where you want to go not down where you are.

For the update as of 8/16/22 - my https://www.outboundlighting.com/products/detour It's with me, and I have tried it.. Yes, this is it. Two lens reflector: for flood, and for throw light. Both together generate decent cut out non blinding beam pattern. I use mostly on 'low', only sometimes swapping to high, and more to 'mid' position (cars approaching me blind me in a way, so less visibility of road, so you need additional lumens to compensate that effect)... why? Because it is sufficient with my stVzo built in 200 lumens bike front light. Both nicely blending in, as temperature of cordless and build in are nearly identical (lucky me!). I would do maybe some 'cosmetic' adjustments for indicators - I'd keep all the time info on what setup I have my light on. It shows maybe for 2-3 seconds, and than switch to 'level' of battery indicator. But that's me.. I'd like to see alternating... I'll take sometimes photos and see what can show you as night photos maybe not truly reflect how it looks in reality... Last thing - when on low/mid - it is not as bright as regular car's head light.. even on high, it's probably in the area of 70% of regular car's headlight.. . understandably so - it's a battery powered - and had to be balanced for longevity vs power use/brightness - I believe it came pretty well balanced/optimized. But again - with my build in is very adequate! p.s. We're getting my wife's new bike - Coop e generation.. I was surprised how comfy this bike rides when tried it yesterday at REI ($1499): https://www.rei.com/product/189967/co-op-cycles-generation-e11-electric-bike?color=SALT ... something easy to ride, and fun :) with adequate power. Being member with them, after lately catching my Tesoro's rear flat tire - they fixed that free 4me - my only cost was $10.37 for new tube. With them, if you buy bike - you have up to 1 year (!!) return policy for full refund! (Costco's style).

Last edited:

Indeed. I could not agree more with article.. Same I say with blinding people during day!! U simply cannot see squirrel running your way if 'sun bright' from distance is 'shooting at you' approaching on idiot's bike trying to be 'cool'.. Crazy. P.S. This article's point reinforces my view ot things regarding blinding people I presented here from very beginning. I'm sometimes debating in my head to what level it is peoples' ignorance, to what level is just 'lack of common sense'?? Can we assume automatically peoples' bad intentions toward others??? I don't know... Some women has total lack of common sense, less often man, yet still this phenomena exist among man as well... I personally am leaning toward lack of common sense rather than purposely 'wrong doing', other times selfishness... Finally element of tiredness that hinder people from having good common sense... Live is complicated... FOR THIS REASON seems making sense to have OFFICIAL REGULATIONS reminding us under various constellations of configurations of our minds WHAT'S SAFEST FOR US.

Last edited:
Back