The best taillight on the market right now...

If I was following, in a car, the rider in the first (top) video at night it would drive me bonkers. That's WAY too bright.

I agree... I am trying to notify the drivers behind me that I am on the road... not antagonize them into aggressive feelings, let alone actions. Bright is important, so is strobing I believe, but not blinding. Maybe point it at the ground and ride inside a big glowing circle. I use Gramin's Varia on strobe whenever I am not dealing with encroach traffic, it even alerts to people walking up from behind.

Last edited:

Wow, now that is a super bright tail light... everything else is just a toy! ;)

1567463239846.png

I drive some still and so I know better.

Command attention = YES Distract/Blind/Anger = NO

I don't like when drivers don't dip their lights for me, why should I feel justified destroying their night-vision while operating a motor vehicle? What if the upcoming driver just passed some other "justified" bike rider and can't see you now because of the huge spot dancing in front of their eyes? In Germany, they run a single Bright Fog Lamp on the rear of cars for safety (Autoban + Fog = BAD), it's not legal to use unless visibility is obscured. You can draw attention to yourself without overpowering the human optic nerve. A couple of lights strobing different patterns and different colors is easily doable and less expensively. Marker lights, actual turn signals, a working brake light. The two things I saw that I liked were the decelerometer and the build quality.

Well 3 great light we got from this:

-Dinotte lighting - 279$
- Ds 500 229$+battery (50-80$)
-Lupine Rotlicht-145$

Last edited:
Found cheaper options

Cygolite Hypershot 350

Serfas Vulcan 350

Lezyne Strip Pro 300

NiteRider Omega 300

See Sense ICON2 300

Cheap b/c no Accelerometer sensor and no BRAKE light sensor !!
Trying to save 75-100$ and Ride an ebike w/o a brake light is very foolish.

I'm glad to see that some of the 2020 ebikes available in NA now have factory brake lights. It's about time.

I got one of these guys Bontrager Flare RT Rear they are bright but best of all the connect to my garmen gps and are automated. turns on and off with the gps can change brightness with the light and the speed you travel. theh eadlight would be daylight flashing in daylight then regular at nice and the faster you went the brighter it got. when you turn the gps off the lights turn off.

I got one of these guys Bontrager Flare RT Rear they are bright but best of all the connect to my garmen gps and are automated. turns on and off with the gps can change brightness with the light and the speed you travel. theh eadlight would be daylight flashing in daylight then regular at nice and the faster you went the brighter it got. when you turn the gps off the lights turn off.

But still no Brake Light ! How would a car know you just braked from 27mph ??

you would need a dedicated light just for that. one thats only on when you brake my first ebike had that.

That’s why i made the post and educate the masses about the 135$ Rotlicht. It’s a taillight with brake light function based on accelerometer sensor.

They keep insisting on the Cygolite and the other crap. Those are lights for regular bikes.

You guys are not riding bicycles, you are on a powerfull and fast ebike. When you brake suddenly or less suddenly , nobody will know and the cars will bump right into the rear end.

You're riding your ebike IN the car lane and not near the side of the road? If that's the case then a brake light is essential.

I'm wondering what woud be entailed in hooking up an extra taillight to the brake lever power cutoff, so that it turns on when motor power is cut.

That’s why i made the post and educate the masses about the 135$ Rotlicht. It’s a taillight with brake light function based on accelerometer sensor.

They keep insisting on the Cygolite and the other crap. Those are lights for regular bikes.

You guys are not riding bicycles, you are on a powerfull and fast ebike. When you brake suddenly or less suddenly , nobody will know and the cars will bump right into the rear end.

I have found it is best to have both types... a bright flashing unit and a brake sensing unit will provide the best of both worlds. ;)

Back