Roadster V2 Gravel Edition

Has anyone changed out the display? Just can't see the stock SW102 display when I'm riding. I have a KT-LCD8S display from a mountain bike build that I would like to swap with the stock display. Feels like it should be compatible but don't have any idea how the display settings should be set.

Has anyone changed out the display? Just can't see the stock SW102 display when I'm riding. I have a KT-LCD8S display from a mountain bike build that I would like to swap with the stock display. Feels like it should be compatible but don't have any idea how the display settings should be

Has anyone changed out the display? Just can't see the stock SW102 display when I'm riding. I have a KT-LCD8S display from a mountain bike build that I would like to swap with the stock display. Feels like it should be compatible but don't have any idea how the display settings should be set.
Yeah, the display is tiny and unreadable when you are riding. I would be up for a different display if it's just a matter of plug and play...

So how responsive is the cadence sensor on the Gravelster? I have a Core 5 now and adjusted the sensor to the most sensitive setting and there is no real lag and the motor stops right away when I stop pedaling. Is it the same?

So how responsive is the cadence sensor on the Gravelster? I have a Core 5 now and adjusted the sensor to the most sensitive setting and there is no real lag and the motor stops right away when I stop pedaling. Is it the same?
I haven’t ridden a Core 5 but have the Roadster Gravel Edition and own a Specialized Como Turbo 3.0. I would say the Gravel edition is as good as the Specialized. No lag, and you don’t want lag on a single speed bike especially when starting from a dead stop.

Yes, polarized sunglasses will goes it to virtually disappear. I would also like an upgraded display but I haven't seen any alternatives.

The Roadster display is also an issue for me, with polarized sunglasses making things almost invisible. But I guess that's better than the e-bikes that only have a few color bars 😁

I've been e-mailing back and forth with Ride1UP support, and also with support from the company EggRider https://eggrider.com, about their alternative e-bike display. They're not 100% sure of compatibility, but I went ahead and ordered one anyway (apparently, the "Lishui" version may be the one that works), and have my fingers crossed! It's a pain to order, since you have to do a wire transfer, and then get it shipped from the UK ... so I'm hoping it's worth the trouble!

IF it works, this will be a huge improvement I think. It has the ability to light up (they call it luminosity), it has more customization and data like power in watts, and there is even an App where you can connect to it with Bluetooth.

Make take at least a few weeks or months for it to arrive in my mailbox. Will report back after. Wish me luck!!!

The Roadster display is also an issue for me, with polarized sunglasses making things almost invisible. But I guess that's better than the e-bikes that only have a few color bars 😁

I've been e-mailing back and forth with Ride1UP support, and also with support from the company EggRider https://eggrider.com, about their alternative e-bike display. They're not 100% sure of compatibility, but I went ahead and ordered one anyway (apparently, the "Lishui" version may be the one that works), and have my fingers crossed! It's a pain to order, since you have to do a wire transfer, and then get it shipped from the UK ... so I'm hoping it's worth the trouble!

IF it works, this will be a huge improvement I think. It has the ability to light up (they call it luminosity), it has more customization and data like power in watts, and there is even an App where you can connect to it with Bluetooth.

Make take at least a few weeks or months for it to arrive in my mailbox. Will report back after. Wish me luck!!!
Good luck.

Reactions: PSm
Well I am pulling the trigger on the Gravelster, I might even sell my Core5 and get 2. might run one with just the add on battery for winter riding. Anyone know where to get those Reention Cuttle batteries? I wouldn't mind having an extra.

I got the EggRider display, and after a lot of messing around with settings and configuration, it might actually work!! 🤯😎

Not 100% sure it's accurate, but the display seems to be brighter and more visible in sunlight, and it has a lot more data available. Need to test out further, and verify accuracy of data. It was a pain to set up, but it may be worth it!

I may need a week or two to fully test it out, but went ahead and started a new thread with all the details. Here's some pics

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220822-085108_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220822-085108_Gallery.jpg
    299.1 KB · Views: 140
  • Screenshot_20220822-085121_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220822-085121_Gallery.jpg
    346.4 KB · Views: 142
  • Screenshot_20220822-085200_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220822-085200_Gallery.jpg
    420 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:
Well it looks pretty straight forward installing the add on battery and I imagine if you just wanted to use it you could just remove the internal battery and it would still work.

Well it looks pretty straight forward installing the add on battery and I imagine if you just wanted to use it you could just remove the internal battery and it would still work.
Think that should work, but never tried with only external battery.

Pretty straightforward to install the external battery, but does take a bit it fiddling to get the additional wiring in the downtube. Does work, but might take a little time.

Think that should work, but never tried with only external battery.

Pretty straightforward to install the external battery, but does take a bit it fiddling to get the additional wiring in the downtube. Does work, but might take a little time.
Not crazy about having to stuff wires and the controller in that small space. Somethings outa whack with the design. Im gunna stick with my original battery and when it runs out I will pedal or push...

Not crazy about having to stuff wires and the controller in that small space. Somethings outa whack with the design. Im gunna stick with my original battery and when it runs out I will pedal or push...
Yeah, not perfect. But, if you need the range, having a second battery transforms this into a long range bike AND a powerhouse for higher speed rides and major hill climbing

I've gotten between 15 and 60 mile range rides with the internal only battery, and 30 to 100 mile range with both internal and external batteries. Lower range is using high assist levels and more hills, and higher range with lowest assist/off and fewer hills.
😀

Last edited:
Yes, polarized sunglasses will goes it to virtually disappear. I would also like an upgraded display but I haven't seen any alternatives.
The EggRider display has been working out great 👍 . More visible, and so much more data and customization. Mine is now set up for 9 PAS levels, PAS1 = 20 watts .... up to PAS9 = 540 to 560 watts.

From what I can tell, the new OEM Roadster display (black power button?) may have an improved display with better readability with polarized sunglasses.

Back