Roadster V2 Gravel Edition

Thanks @Paradan09 and @Taylor57

Now if only it had a throttle.

I'm leaning towards the 7-speed Aventon Soltera... weighs more but also has a higher weight capacity and I am close to a local store where I can buy it fully assembled and take it for any warranty/service issues.
Fyi, I discovered accidentally that there is a Ride 1 Up dealer down the street in Palm Desert. Yeah, I wish I had a throttle, but this is my exercise bike!!

I don't use the throttle for anything other than I need to some speed from a light or if I stopped on a hill.

Old knees make it hard to push the pedals from a complete stop. :)

@Taylor57

So how is the single gear?

I'm trying to decide between the 7-speed Aventon Soltera or the single gear Rize Fixie.

I lean towards the Rize because it has hydraulic brakes but just don't know about that single gear because I find a combo of PAS and gears makes it easy to find the right pedal effort.
I have the Roadster v2 non-gravel edition, and I've found that I actually prefer the rim brakes. Super easy to adjust, light, simple in function, and don't have the annoying disc brake squeal and squeaks that my other ebike often has. But I don't go off-road. If I did that often, the Gravelster would be better in case the rims get bent or out if round/true.

If you're interested in exercise and building strength, the single speed is awesome for that, since you can't be as lazy and may need to stand up for big inclines. But having high PAS settings are often enough😀

If you're interested in exercise and building strength, the single speed is awesome for that, since you can't be as lazy and may need to stand up for big inclines. But having high PAS settings are often enough😀

What is this exercise you speak of? I'm just trying to get some fresh air and keep my joints from petrifying. :)

Fyi, I discovered accidentally that there is a Ride 1 Up dealer down the street in Palm Desert.

Do they have R1U bikes in stock or do you have to order from them? It would be nice to see the different models in person.

Rode the Gravelster to the gym today and she rode like a top. Used zero to 1 PAS for the 3 mile roundtrip. My only gripe so far is the display is tiny and unreadable. Probably need to adjust the brightness settings. Anyone done this yet?

Has anyone swapped out the handlebars and or stem in their Gravelster? I rode it about 10 miles today and it was fine-ran perfectly however I could see new bars and a stem in my future...

What is this exercise you speak of? I'm just trying to get some fresh air and keep my joints from petrifying. :)
Ha! I've enjoying my Roadster v2, losing weight, and building up strength... so I'm even looking at buying an analog (non-electric bike) 😀.

Marin Presidio 3 seems like a possible choice for belt, internal hub drive, and flat bars. Though others with a traditional derailleur might be on the list too, like a Canyon Roadlite.

@Big Nerd

I ride my Gravel Edition in hilly Chattanooga and so far I have not had to push it up a hill. I also had to adjust the cone and true the front wheel and added Magura hydraulic disc brakes because I was not a huge fan of how the Tektro’s felt. Other than that great bike.
So does the Gravelster not have motor cut offs?

Mods, Mods, Mods Roadster V2

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220415-111631_Messenger.jpg
    Screenshot_20220415-111631_Messenger.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 396
  • 20220311_143624.jpg
    20220311_143624.jpg
    399.3 KB · Views: 383
Back