Roadster V2 Gravel Edition

Oh excellent! They are already being delivered... Keep us posted. I ended up ordering the Espin Aero due to recent incredible sale but I still have the itch for a belt drive. We'll see how the Aero holds up.

Just got mine. Assembly is (mostly) fine, having some issues with the seat post though. It's at least an *exceedingly* tight fit, to the point it feels like it might be mildly the wrong size (or maybe opening of the hole for it on my bike got clamped too far).

Attachments

• signal-2022-01-10-152153.jpeg
    signal-2022-01-10-152153.jpeg
    285.8 KB · Views: 310
Just got mine. Assembly is (mostly) fine, having some issues with the seat post though. It's at least an *exceedingly* tight fit, to the point it feels like it might be mildly the wrong size (or maybe opening of the hole for it on my bike got clamped too far).
Did you grease the post?

Also that bike looks sexy!

Took it into the shop (I didn't have calipers), it was mildly bent. They couldn't fix it on the spot, but managed to ~30 minutes after I had left. I picked it up this morning, have only ridden it the ~2ish miles back from the shop (I also rode it the way there, but that was without a seatpost, so wasn't that representative).

Brief thoughts are:

* Handlebars are narrower than I would like, and I don't particularly like the stock grips (they are too hard --- it might be fine if I wore riding gloves w/ gel padded soles, but I had no gloves on). I was already vaguely planning on switching the handlebars to drops or something, how narrow they are reinforces this decision for me.
* Handlebars are also lower than I would like. I'm 6'4", and was somewhat worried about a 58cm frame (I normally get a 61cm). The bike is a little small, but it's manageable. In particular the seat goes high enough that I get good leg extension --- main issue is with handlebar placement.
* I've only ridden on mostly flat surfaces so far. That being said, I can (somewhat) feel the only single gear choice --- a few times I feel the urge to shift to a higher gear, but that's clearly not an option. I was comfortably getting to ~21ish mph before feeling that though.

That all being said, it's probably fine for my current purposes (mostly groceries, <5 mile trips). I used to commute ~15 miles each way though, and I think it would be the wrong bike for something like that, mainly because I think I would get annoyed being in the saddle of this bike an hour at a time. Swapping out the handlebars might help with that though, but also I don't plan to use this bike for such long trips, so that doesn't really matter to me.

Got mine in...upgraded grips, redshift stem and seat post. It's 0 deg here so haven't had a chance to try it out.

Attachments

• IMG_0878.jpeg
    IMG_0878.jpeg
    877.2 KB · Views: 398
Got mine in...upgraded grips, redshift stem and seat post. It's 0 deg here so haven't had a chance to try it out.
Not sure how the higher stem impacts it, but it looks like your cable routing needs to be improved. Might have stress on cables or wires as it is right now which can cause temporary or permanent issues. When installing the handlebars, you may have to rotate/flip etc.
1641935200528.png

Not sure how the higher stem impacts it, but it looks like your cable routing needs to be improved. Might have stress on cables or wires as it is right now which can cause temporary or permanent issues. When installing the handlebars, you may have to rotate/flip etc. View attachment 111577

Yes, I did notice that as well. I pulled it apart and got it pretty good but the extended stem does tighten the tolerance up.

Yes, I did notice that as well. I pulled it apart and got it pretty good but the extended stem does tighten the tolerance up.
Oh, nice, you were able to route it so it doesn't pass through the frame like that? Hopefully if you enough slack for the stem then.

Oh, nice, you were able to route it so it doesn't pass through the frame like that? Hopefully if you enough slack for the stem then.
Yes, had to pop off a brake lever to re-route but got it cleaned up.

Attachments

• IMG_0879.jpeg
    IMG_0879.jpeg
    401.3 KB · Views: 336
Damn that bike looks sexy. I would like to slap some low rise bmx bars on it though. I just ordered some for my Core 5.

I may just order another as they are in stock. The original Gravelster is stuck in Auburn WA 4 miles from my son. I could see a Palm Springs Gravelester in my future. Especially since I am so close to a hitch for my new golf cart...

Back