Product Improvement:- Feedback to Bosch.

Should we have a priority thread for Product Improvement Suggestions to Manufacturers?

• Total voters
I hear that Nyon 2 has a completely different mount.
Part of the attraction of Nyon 1 (apart from the large screen) was that you could leave it at home some of the time & use the Intuvia in place (cheaper to replace).
I would have thought that the Nyon 2 would be interchangeable with the Kiox but no.
So we have:
Purion, Cobi, Smartphone Hub, Kiox & Nyon 2 all on their own as far as mounts go.
Intuvia & Nyon 1 sharing the same mount.
Also heard that prices for Nyon 1 are going through the roof :)
You are correct, the new Nyon and original Nyon do not share much more than a name, aside from their core function as eBike display.

Doesn't sound like this is on your radar, but Smartphonehub allows for either the use of a smart phone, or the basic integrated display for days you want to leave the phone in your bag (similar concept to your great point about using original Nyon mount with Intuvia display on select rides).

I've not yet put hands on a new Nyon sample, but everything I've heard points to a different mount. That being said, it will share the same wiring harness, so swapping from Kiox to Nyon involves a single 3mm-head screw, and a couple of minutes of your time.

Plus they all need their own wiring now. Even if you have the intuvia and want the new kiox you have to have new wires run.

Purion is hardwired, so it will always be on it's own in that regard. :( Intuvia is something like 5+ years old now? I forget the exact age, but I feel it's good progress to be moving on to a newer mounting design for future, more advanced displays.

Kiox, Smartphonehub, and new Nyon all use an identical wiring harness, so swapping is as simple as the 3mm screw in/out. No need to run new wiring harness through frame, and no need to get anywhere near Drive Unit plugs. It would be nice if they were all plug-n-play with their mounts too (and it would be easier for Bosch to produce), but there is too much variation in the size/design of the different models. A mount small enough to keep Kiox compact/out of the way would likely not be robust enough for the extra size/weight/leverage of a Smartphonehub, with or without a smart phone attached. On the same token, using Smartphonehub mounts for a Kiox would add a significant amount of unnecessary bulk to an otherwise simple/clean/compact display.

Each display's ideal mounting method and location also differs a fair amount, further complicating an all-around compatible design concept.

so have you seen any issues with a kiox upgrade from the purion? my bike is in limbo till the shop can get the kiox running. took them 3 hours to get the wires ran since the bulls has really tight wiring tubes.

Doesn't sound like this is on your radar, but Smartphonehub allows for either the use of a smart phone, or the basic integrated display for days you want to leave the phone in your bag (similar concept to your great point about using original Nyon mount with Intuvia display on select rides).
Thanks for the info, very helpful!
Yes, the Smartphone Hub seems suited to me personally. Custom ride modes on this would be nice!

Thanks for the info, very helpful!
Yes, the Smartphone Hub seems suited to me personally. Custom ride modes on this would be nice!
If you end up taking a serious look at the SPH, please be aware that the "universal jaws" or "clamps" are only suitable for max phone+case dimension of 78.1mm, and that the custom phone cases are limited to several generations of iPhone.

Happy Friday!

so have you seen any issues with a kiox upgrade from the purion? my bike is in limbo till the shop can get the kiox running. took them 3 hours to get the wires ran since the bulls has really tight wiring tubes.
None that I'm aware of. Some of Kiox's features, like LOCK, may not work with older Drive Units, but otherwise you should be good to go.

The broad range of installation difficulties on some models can be exhausting. Some are quite simple. The better it looks, the tougher it is, generally speaking. 😕

I hope they get you rolling soon!

None that I'm aware of. Some of Kiox's features, like LOCK, may not work with older Drive Units, but otherwise you should be good to go.

The broad range of installation difficulties on some models can be exhausting. Some are quite simple. The better it looks, the tougher it is, generally speaking. 😕

I hope they get you rolling soon!
ya this is a third gen performance speed motor. bulls made the wire tube so small it was a nightmare getting the wires through. since this is the first upgrade that's been available means some learning curve. going to hold off on changing the intuvia on our tandem for sure.

ya this is a third gen performance speed motor. bulls made the wire tube so small it was a nightmare getting the wires through. since this is the first upgrade that's been available means some learning curve. going to hold off on changing the intuvia on our tandem for sure.
Which year/model Bulls do you have? Performance Speed DU's only exist on the 2nd and 4th generation platforms.

In any case, you should be good to go!

they are working with bosch and think it might be the battery cable. the problem is the tube wire is so small the end just nearly fits. and the tube jogs around the steerer tube and is smashed from the recessed battery. I guess the kiox shows speed when the wheel is turned but thats it.

I ordered a new 500 frame battery at bike bling out of Ca. It shipped yesterday .same price as local pretty much , 865 .

today I look for a charger :)

What I’d really like to see in future Ebikes is one that’s not regulated for EU specs. 45 km/h might be plenty for commuting in European cities, but I have to traverse about two miles of 40 MPH roadway before I can reach trails or more bike friendly streets. So raising the speed limiter from 28 mph to 35 mph I think would be very beneficial to the US market. I haven’t spent a lot of time in Europe, but from what I have I think our cities and suburbs are a little more spread out with higher speed traffic flows.

I haven’t spent a lot of time in Europe, but from what I have I think our cities and suburbs are a little more spread out with higher speed traffic flows.
With the exception of (home land of Bosch):
:)

Do you know if there is a PDF version of this documentation please?
Thanks.
This link should take you to PDF downloads for battery guides in several languages, as well as some other Bosch eBike System PDF downloads.

Tracking number won’t show, found a bunch of 1 star reviews, not optimistic for a good transaction

Also if I have the lock function on my Kiox and my bike gets stolen. What happens if the thief fits a purion? would the motor spring to life?

Also if I have the lock function on my Kiox and my bike gets stolen. What happens if the thief fits a purion? would the motor spring to life?
The drive unit will not deliver any assistance until your specific Kiox is re-attached, and or a new Kiox synced with your specific eBike Connect App is attached. Swapping in another display will not make it work. When LOCK is activated, the drive unit is essentially tied to a unique identifier within your eBike Connect app, and that identifier can only be communicated by a Kiox synced to that account.

Back