Product Improvement:- Feedback to Bosch.

Should we have a priority thread for Product Improvement Suggestions to Manufacturers?

• Total voters
The drive unit will not deliver any assistance until your specific Kiox is re-attached, and or a new Kiox synced with your specific eBike Connect App is attached. Swapping in another display will not make it work. When LOCK is activated, the drive unit is essentially tied to a unique identifier within your eBike Connect app, and that identifier can only be communicated by a Kiox synced to that account.
Thats good to know, glad I didn't waste my 10 euro's, ta

The drive unit will not deliver any assistance until your specific Kiox is re-attached, and or a new Kiox synced with your specific eBike Connect App is attached. Swapping in another display will not make it work. When LOCK is activated, the drive unit is essentially tied to a unique identifier within your eBike Connect app, and that identifier can only be communicated by a Kiox synced to that account.
I really love the old Nyon and have one on a Riese & Muller Homage (my wife's bike), a Riese & Muller Delight Mountain and also replaced the smartphone hub on my new Trek Allant +9.9S. The local trek shop installed the mount for the Intuvia on the bike and I put my 8 gig Nyon with controller on it. I really like how easily and fully it can be customized, the abundance of available data that can be displayed as well as the instant upload via wifi of all ride data when I return home. The info the Bosch cloud compiles and stores about all my rides is a great feature.

Will the new Nyon have the same capabilities? Any added functionality? Will any of the services or abilities be lost? Inquiring minds want to know ;)

Last Monday's Mount Baker climb ride record courtesy of Mr. Bosch

Mt Baker Ride.jpg

annoying thing with the Kiox is the Ascent doesn't seem to work. which is strange as Bosch have recently gone to a lot of effort to add navigation to the kiox but didn't find time to fix the ascent issue
1597774952956.png

Still beats the basic display info on my display, not even an accurate battery meter with out this and now with 2 batteries at a time it seems necessary to me. It more than I want such as the navigation using my phone but can’t live with the current unit.

My battery delivery just updated an eta of Thursday changed from invalid , turning optimistic again!

Thats good to know, glad I didn't waste my 10 euro's, ta
Looking back at my response, it seems a bit wordy. I should have kept it simple... the only thing that will allow your DU to work again is your own Kiox head unit. Nobody else will be able to get around the system by just plugging in something else.

I really love the old Nyon and have one on a Riese & Muller Homage (my wife's bike), a Riese & Muller Delight Mountain and also replaced the smartphone hub on my new Trek Allant +9.9S. The local trek shop installed the mount for the Intuvia on the bike and I put my 8 gig Nyon with controller on it. I really like how easily and fully it can be customized, the abundance of available data that can be displayed as well as the instant upload via wifi of all ride data when I return home. The info the Bosch cloud compiles and stores about all my rides is a great feature.

Will the new Nyon have the same capabilities? Any added functionality? Will any of the services or abilities be lost? Inquiring minds want to know ;)

Last Monday's Mount Baker climb ride record courtesy of Mr. Bosch
The new Nyon will also use the eBike Connect App, so I'd imagine it will do pretty much everything Kiox does, and likely more. I should have more info soon on additional features. :cool:

hi William
thanks for a quick response
i did ask my Miami dealer and he told me that they are not available yet
thats why i am asking you here
what should i tell him
he is on the list from Bosch website as authorized dealers
thanks
Bo

hi William
thanks for a quick response
i did ask my Miami dealer and he told me that they are not available yet
thats why i am asking you here
what should i tell him
he is on the list from Bosch website as authorized dealers
thanks
Bo
I believe they were available, but it looks like they are out of stock again already. According to the distributor, they should be back sometime mid-September. Hopefully your dealer can set an item-watch alert if they have not already.

great!
thanks for your help
that maybe the case that they are backordered
hopefully i would get mine in September
cheers

I have a purion display on my newly purchased Cannondale Neo Lefty 3 and on today's ride I did a speed comparison with the purion display and my GPS watch. Cruising along at 25kph (on the display) the GPS was showing 23kph.

I suspect I'm stuck with this overly optimistic display?

The way it is now, the motor actually reaches its cutoff speed 2kph sooner than it should.

I have a purion display on my newly purchased Cannondale Neo Lefty 3 and on today's ride I did a speed comparison with the purion display and my GPS watch. Cruising along at 25kph (on the display) the GPS was showing 23kph.

I suspect I'm stuck with this overly optimistic display?

The way it is now, the motor actually reaches its cutoff speed 2kph sooner than it should.
Try it on your phone with a few different apps.

Nope it is a stand alone display. I have a kiox now and use the Ebike connect app but right now it does not mesh with anything like apple heath or Strava that was disappointing. When the cobi app does connect to Apple health.

I don't think the purion display can connect with any app. It's a bare-bones display, with very few functions.
I think webcurl was suggesting trying another device with GPS, such as your phone+nav SW, to compare. That would maybe help you narrow down whether it's your Purion or your watch GPS that is off.

Anecdotal:. My phone GPS+Strava usually shows 1-2 mph slower/faster than my Intuvia as it lags real-time.

I think webcurl was suggesting trying another device with GPS, such as your phone+nav SW, to compare. That would maybe help you narrow down whether it's your Purion or your watch GPS that is off.

Anecdotal:. My phone GPS+Strava usually shows 1-2 mph slower/faster than my Intuvia as it lags real-time.
Yes, and different apps on the same phone, with the same GPS receiver can produce different results (sample time, etc). Different standalone GPS devices can vary from each other too.
GPS does not mean 100% correct.

Purchased a new Cannondale Synapse Neo 1 with the 2020 Activeline Plus Bosch system. Also brand new to ebikes. I have a few comments / suggestions that come to mind after about one week with the bike...

- The km/hr readings on the Purion are 3-4 km above what I'm measuring with my Wahoo Roam and Wahoo speed sensor (accurate actual speed). I'm also comparing the Purion readout to what other riders in my club are measuring for speed on group rides and they're matching up with my Wahoo speeds. This means the assistance is cutting out early which is very frustrating. It's fair to say that the Purion speed measurement is out of whack and I'd love to be able to resolve this without having to take it up to the bike shop (45 min drive away). How about releasing a customer version of the diagnostic software?

- When riding uphill and shifting down in the gearing, there's a jerking feeling in the pedals. Would love for this to be much smoother. Other than that, the system is super smooth and a pleasure to ride.

- Would love to see an external usb port via the Bosch battery system that can be used for charging phones, etc. This would be great in an emergency situation where a phone battery has died and a rider needs to call for assistance.

- Would love to see the head units (Purion in my case) use power from the main battery to charge an internal rechargeable battery. This way we'd never really have to concern ourselves with losing power on the head unit.

Purchased a new Cannondale Synapse Neo 1 with the 2020 Activeline Plus Bosch system. Also brand new to ebikes. I have a few comments / suggestions that come to mind after about one week with the bike...

- The km/hr readings on the Purion are 3-4 km above what I'm measuring with my Wahoo Roam and Wahoo speed sensor (accurate actual speed). I'm also comparing the Purion readout to what other riders in my club are measuring for speed on group rides and they're matching up with my Wahoo speeds. This means the assistance is cutting out early which is very frustrating. It's fair to say that the Purion speed measurement is out of whack and I'd love to be able to resolve this without having to take it up to the bike shop (45 min drive away). How about releasing a customer version of the diagnostic software?

- When riding uphill and shifting down in the gearing, there's a jerking feeling in the pedals. Would love for this to be much smoother. Other than that, the system is super smooth and a pleasure to ride.

- Would love to see an external usb port via the Bosch battery system that can be used for charging phones, etc. This would be great in an emergency situation where a phone battery has died and a rider needs to call for assistance.

- Would love to see the head units (Purion in my case) use power from the main battery to charge an internal rechargeable battery. This way we'd never really have to concern ourselves with losing power on the head unit.
Thanks for the feedback!

If you feel your assistance is cutting out early, it may be worth a visit to a Bosch Certified shop. It could be that the "cosmetic" speed readout is off (adjustable by 5%), or it could be a more rare situation where the OEM assembler programmed the wrong wheel circumference accidentally. If the 5% adjustment is different than the OEM circumference, the actual cut-out speed may differ from the displayed speed.

That jerking feeling you experience is Bosch's gear shift detection. As you likely know... shifting under load (ie: uphill) is not good for a drive train, especially on an eBike. It can cause premature wear, and even chain breakage. The Bosch Drive Unit senses gear shifting, and temporarily reduces assistance until the shift is completed. That being said, best practice is to "lighten-up" on the pedals when shifting under load, even on a non-eBike.

The Intuvia, Kiox, Smartphonehub, and new Nyon have charging options for smartphones. Since Purion is a very simple, "bare-bones" display, not a lot of extra options. Inconvenient for sure. 😞

All displays except for Purion use internal batteries that are automatically charged by the Drive Unit during riding. The (2) replaceable CR2016 batteries in your Purion have a single function... send a momentary "wake-up"signal to the Drive Unit to turn the eBike on. While the eBike is being ridden, the Purion is being powered by the eBike battery, via the Drive Unit. In other words, whether your ride lasts 30 minutes or 3 hours, those Purion batteries are only being used for a split second, assuming the eBike stays in the "on" position. In the event you wound up with depleted batteries in your display at an inconvenient time, the eBike can still be turned on using the power button on the Bosch PowerTube battery on your Neo (assuming Cannondale allowed for access, results vary based on OEM.)

The Purion is definitely lacking in some more advanced features and options, but it is intended as a simple, cost effective integration. I replaced mine with a Kiox. :cool:

Enjoy the bike!!!

Thanks for the info William. Really appreciate that.

I'll work with my local bike shop, that's also a Cannondale dealer, and will try to sort out the speed issues. My Wahoo speed sensor and Roam are reading accurately when compared to others on group rides. The speed readout on the Purion is showing 31 - 33 km/hr when actually I'm moving at 27-28 km/hr. I can feel the assistance fade out when I should be seeing assistance up to the 30 km/hr + range (Canada). Fingers crossed I can get this resolved. It's the only bad experience I've had with the Bosch system so far.

As for the jerky feeling, often I can't avoid shifting going up long hills (very hilly around me). I'm in the habit of shifting when loose on the pedal turn so the force is being eased off the crank. It's the motor shifting that feels a little odd. I'll get used to it.

I'll look into upgrading to a more feature-rich Bosch display unit.

Thanks again for responding!

Back