Product Improvement:- Feedback to Bosch.

Should we have a priority thread for Product Improvement Suggestions to Manufacturers?

• Total voters
I have a 2021 Nyon with a Rohloff E-14 on a R&M Superdelite. I have the Nyon set to auto shift into 6th gear on stop. However every ~2 weeks it will forget this and change the setting to 1st gear. This has happened 4-6 times so far in the time I've owned the bike. Both before & after the latest Nyon software update a couple of weeks ago. In every instance of this, it was correctly remembering 6th gear, and mid-ride it will forget. It has never forgot during power up. Always mid ride.

Has anybody else had this?

Also possibly related, although I've never had the two happen on the same ride.
Sometimes I'll have it navigating home and I'll get a message that the "Bike type changed". This causes navigation to be cancelled, and I have to set the destination again. This also has only happened mid-ride, and when I'm not touching any settings on the Nyon.
Hi Amyers.

I have an R&M Delite Rohloff and have not experienced this issue either before or after the latest Nyon upgrade. Perhaps related to the E14 connection rather than the Nyon.
Hopefully your LBS has checked that all the cabling is well connected, maybe specifically the E14 connections.
There might be some relevant diagnostics available here. https://www.rohloff.de/en/service/handbook/e-14/maintenance/android-app
Regards from Down Under.

Hi Amyers.

I have an R&M Delite Rohloff and have not experienced this issue either before or after the latest Nyon upgrade. Perhaps related to the E14 connection rather than the Nyon.
Hopefully your LBS has checked that all the cabling is well connected, maybe specifically the E14 connections.
There might be some relevant diagnostics available here. https://www.rohloff.de/en/service/handbook/e-14/maintenance/android-app
Regards from Down Under.
No, I haven't taken it to my LBS, since it is a 6 hour round trip in a car to get to the LBS.

I have removed my rear tire and unplugged and replugged the E-14 a time or two, and it has occurred both before & after. But I will check the connectors under the handlebars.

Too bad that E-14 app is only for Android. I don't have one in my house to try. Maybe next time my brother visits, I can get him to try with his phone.

No, I haven't taken it to my LBS, since it is a 6 hour round trip in a car to get to the LBS.

I have removed my rear tire and unplugged and replugged the E-14 a time or two, and it has occurred both before & after. But I will check the connectors under the handlebars.

Too bad that E-14 app is only for Android. I don't have one in my house to try. Maybe next time my brother visits, I can get him to try with his phone.
I have experienced this a few times, I toggled the feature off then back on in the Nyon interface and it went away.

Back