Product Improvement:- Feedback to Bosch.

Should we have a priority thread for Product Improvement Suggestions to Manufacturers?

• Total voters
COBI is nice in it's simplicity but needs work too. My smartphone hub crashed when I tried to leave work the other day. Spent 5 minutes 'recovering' the firmware then the COBI said it needed to update the hub to 1.09 but the hub was already on 1.09.... so I put the phone away and just rode home with the hub only. I'm pretty sure the sw crash happened because I was streaming music from youtube and COBI didn't know how to handle the video window that youtube pulls to the front when you launch another app.

Oh by the way, the SPH phone mount broke while going over a pavement change across an intersection after a couple of weeks commuting - lasted maybe 250 miles. Thanks to previous reviewers I knew this was inevitable so I had a $5 backup plan in place with silicone bands securing my phone to the hub. Frankly the silicone bands are more functional than the phone holder was which is ... sad. No point in replacing or trying to superglue the phone holder.
I'm sorry to hear about the bad experience. Whether or not you wish to continue using it, keep in mind your shop can get a warranty replacement phone mount for you.

A few things to keep in mind... the maximum width for phone w/ case is 78.1 mm. The mount may be able to expand beyond this, but that will greatly increase the risk of damage or failure.

No plans to change the number of assistance levels offered. If I had to speculate, I'd say we are more likely to see more options for customizable modes in the future, but I've not heard of plans for either (more modes, or more adjustable modes.)

It does seem that more OEMs are electing to offer the variable modes like eMTB, etc., etc., but I don't have any data on how this will evolve.
Just one perspective but I'm very happy with the four divisions of the Bosch assist. Maybe with a much more powerful motor (mine's a new Activeline with 500wh batt) it would be useful to subdivide more, but as it is, each has a noticeable step up from the last, but not so much increase in power that I ever want an in-between step-up or step-down compared to what's there. And also very glad not to have a variable assist knob with infinite adjustment. I'm much happier being able to repeat a known assist level, not having to guess where it was on the knob.

Just one perspective but I'm very happy with the four divisions of the Bosch assist. Maybe with a much more powerful motor (mine's a new Activeline with 500wh batt) it would be useful to subdivide more, but as it is, each has a noticeable step up from the last, but not so much increase in power that I ever want an in-between step-up or step-down compared to what's there. And also very glad not to have a variable assist knob with infinite adjustment. I'm much happier being able to repeat a known assist level, not having to guess where it was on the knob.
I agree and have both a CX and Speed motors.

Man the Nyon has been buggy. it was fine connected to my phone for several weeks. I went a week and a half without riding because I injured my finger. since then every day when it resets it wont connct to my phone. I end up deleting the connection on my phone and the Nyon and having to reconnect the two. then it works till the next day.

Man the Nyon has been buggy. it was fine connected to my phone for several weeks. I went a week and a half without riding because I injured my finger. since then every day when it resets it wont connct to my phone. I end up deleting the connection on my phone and the Nyon and having to reconnect the two. then it works till the next day.
Is that your new Nyon or the original, earlier version?

Those persistent connections are the first to go. The communication "stack" on both sides can cause problems. Consider "resetting" both at the same time. Reset = do what ever is needed to reinitialize, the lower level the better.

Hi all, new to the forum, I joined mostly for this thread :). A friend showed me his Garmin Varia radar this past weekend, and he was using it with a Wahoo Bolt, which indicated that (i) its just a bluetooth device and (ii) third party devices can integrate it. My wife is very nervous riding her e-bike on roads and something like this would make her feel safer, I believe. I know that the Kiox display is small but the way the cars are shown on the Wahoo didn't use a lot of display real estate. So I'd love Bosch to consider adding support for that.

Can I suggest a lost kiox / nyon beeper feature.
I have spent many hours looking for a lost kiox after being ejected in a crash, if the kiox was 'removed' from the device while still on it could begin to beep until a button is pushed or turned off.
Even a quite beep is very helpful as the black case blends very well into bushland.

I am now trying this post in this different thread to see if anyone has any insights.

Komoot route on Kiox.

Sometimes my Komoot planned routes have extra sections in the Android eBike Connect app / Kiox navigation. The distance however does not include the extras. Does anyone else have this issue?

(For tricky navigation, I mount my phone on the handlebars and follow the route on Komoot but use the Kiox navigation for quick and effective feedback on changes in direction. I do have a cable to keep the phone charged.)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210804-080058_eBike Connect.jpg
    Screenshot_20210804-080058_eBike Connect.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 163
  • Screenshot_20210804-080023_eBike Connect.jpg
    Screenshot_20210804-080023_eBike Connect.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 168
Hi all, new to the forum, I joined mostly for this thread :). A friend showed me his Garmin Varia radar this past weekend, and he was using it with a Wahoo Bolt, which indicated that (i) its just a bluetooth device and (ii) third party devices can integrate it. My wife is very nervous riding her e-bike on roads and something like this would make her feel safer, I believe. I know that the Kiox display is small but the way the cars are shown on the Wahoo didn't use a lot of display real estate. So I'd love Bosch to consider adding support for that.
I just use a mirror. It's easy to see cars coming from a long way back, and gives you more detail than the Garmin radar would.

I just use a mirror. It's easy to see cars coming from a long way back, and gives you more detail than the Garmin radar would.
My thoughts exactly. I love my tech but sometimes old school, simple and no CPU or battery actually works better.

A good rear view mirror, properly adjusted, with regular glances, provides way more information, as does keeping ones ears uncovered by ear buds, etc. Looking and listening , cultivating good situational awareness, is the best way to stay safe on a bike and in life.

My thoughts exactly. I love my tech but sometimes old school, simple and no CPU or battery actually works better.

A good rear view mirror, properly adjusted, with regular glances, provides way more information, as does keeping ones ears uncovered by ear buds, etc. Looking and listening , cultivating good situational awareness, is the best way to stay safe on a bike and in life.
Yes, it's interesting how useful hearing is. On my rides, I can usually tell when I approach a busy (busy as in I live in a rural area, some roads actually have cars and trucks once in a while) blind intersection (most are - lots of trees here) if there's traffic long before I get to the point where I can see.
Earbuds and other audio may be fine on bike paths (we don't have any...) but not on roads, IMHO.

I purchased a Garmin Varia radar for when out on country roads for when i'm tired and haven't heard or seen in my mirror a truck approaching, with visual or sound alert it allows me to determine to pull over or not. My mirror is under the handlebar as my handlebars are wide and too much of a pain mounted elsewhere.
I don't use it in cities but for some cyclists on narrow roads it could tell them that there are multiple cars waiting to get past you so it could prevent some road rage if the cyclist is prepared to pull over occasionally to let vehicles pass by.

Thanks for the mirror suggestions, but I read that this thread is a 'product improvement suggestion to Bosch' thread, and that's what I was doing. Everyone is different. For example, my ears are shot from scuba diving and I have to cover them to avoid bad earache when riding, and I live in Pacific Northwest where there's a massive % of electric cars on the road. A flashing light cue like I saw on the Wahoo from the Variawould be very useful to me, with or without a mirror as well.

Last edited:
Sometime in the future when all (or most) displays can upload rides, etc. to have the opt-in option of uploading specific information of username/make/model/motor model/date of purchase/battery type, size & age/drive-train/wheel size/tyre info/terrain, etc. (and mode usage, power input/output, ascent/descent, speed from the ride data) to Bosch for the following purpose:
Allow users to see on a website how their range and battery(s) are going compared to other rides or other users rides, provide summaries, averaging, etc.
Users could see how their range is compared to other users different drive-trains, Bosch could use this info too to further fine tune their online range estimator tool and make recommendations on drive-trains, or the data could be fed back into the individuals motor for even better range estimation.
Bosch could use it as a marketing tool to squash competitors range estimations.

I have a 2021 Nyon with a Rohloff E-14 on a R&M Superdelite. I have the Nyon set to auto shift into 6th gear on stop. However every ~2 weeks it will forget this and change the setting to 1st gear. This has happened 4-6 times so far in the time I've owned the bike. Both before & after the latest Nyon software update a couple of weeks ago. In every instance of this, it was correctly remembering 6th gear, and mid-ride it will forget. It has never forgot during power up. Always mid ride.

Has anybody else had this?

Also possibly related, although I've never had the two happen on the same ride.
Sometimes I'll have it navigating home and I'll get a message that the "Bike type changed". This causes navigation to be cancelled, and I have to set the destination again. This also has only happened mid-ride, and when I'm not touching any settings on the Nyon.

Not sure if anybody else has had the same experience after colliding with a bollard but the end result is that the plastic retaining clips on the sliding plastic retainer on my Nyon mount have decided to retire from active service.

The complete mount assembly is (Bosch Mounting Plate for Nyon BUI350 - 1270020468) but my question for Bosch is whether they can supply dealers with just the sliding plastic part rather than the whole mount.???

ie this part.

Sliding Plastic Retainer below.
1632189861225.png

Rather than this whole assembly. The main metal part is unlikely to need replacement but the plastic part is the weak link.
In the interest of minimising waste and cost to the end user it would be good if Bosch could supply just this part.
Just a moulded plastic part and even if they came as a 10 pack I would be happy to have a few spares for presumably less than the cost of a complete assembly.
I have Nyon displays on both my R&M bikes and very happy with these units except one is now retained with a rubber band.

Complete mount assembly below.
1632189887147.png

Back