Alternative Display and Controller for NCM (DAS-KIT)

I just bought a 🔋 charger.
It's what I've wanted since 1980 when I first took an electronics class.

Screenshot_20230116-212825_AliExpress.jpg

It's intelligent and programmable.
No coarse and fine adjustments, one dial for current and one for voltage.

Me Likey. Lol
And it's only a few bucks more than a Das-Kit 3 amp stupid charger that doesn't even know how to shut itself off when it's done charging.

Are they ever fricken tiny now.
You could fit 4 of them inside the ones we used in school.
But they might have had vacuum tubes. Lol

Screenshot_20230116-220158_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Beast of a charger me likey this too

So this display will get my f720 to 42kph? With every little effort peddling or even ghost peddling?
https://ccecycles.com/product/das-kit-c7-display/
Just to clear it up, the motor will keep pulling until it hits 42kph, with me slowly peddling just to activate PAS?
Sorry guys but I'm new to the ebike world and my ebike only has 50km on it lol
I dont want to throw another $200 at it until I'm 100% sure

Beast of a charger me likey this too

So this display will get my f720 to 42kph? With every little effort peddling or even ghost peddling?
https://ccecycles.com/product/das-kit-c7-display/
Just to clear it up, the motor will keep pulling until it hits 42kph, with me slowly peddling just to activate PAS?
Sorry guys but I'm new to the ebike world and my ebike only has 50km on it lol
I dont want to throw another $200 at it until I'm 100% sure
All I can say is that's how mine works. However, mine is an Amego Infinite+ (aka NCM Milano+), not a T720. I believe the motor (and maybe controller?) are different on the T720, so my experience may not be 100% relevant here.

Thanks Fred and I have emailed them with on reply.

Epic cycles Canada is claiming to have unlock c7s, would this be right? Doesn't Canada do 32 Max?

Screenshot_20230118-122014_Messenger.jpg

Thanks Fred and I have emailed them with on reply.

Epic cycles Canada is claiming to have unlock c7s, would this be right? Doesn't Canada do 32 Max?

View attachment 144918
Indeed the legislation in Canada says assist can be provided only up to a speed of 32kmh. However, there are lots of bikes sold that don't adhere to that..like mine which allows the 45kmh setting under PAS, but not under throttle. As for Das-kit, it may be a bit of a moving target as I have heard it said that the 45kmh setting has since been removed. However, I have no concrete information on this. Also I have never heard of this "zero option" mentioned by Epic, but I will check my menu options again.
I don't know if this helps but that's what I know.
(You might try to strike a deal with Epic Cycles that if it doesn't do what they say, you can can return it for a refund plus your return shipping charges?)

Thanks for the insight @Fred my Aussie offroad c7 has 0 in both throttle and PAS. 0 is meant to lock everything to full power/ no restrictions but mine still won't go over 32kph

Screenshot_20230118_152203.jpg
Screenshot_20230118-151346_Gmail.jpg

Leon cycles US emailed me back today, I call bs answer

Thanks for the insight @Fred my Aussie offroad c7 has 0 in both throttle and PAS. 0 is meant to lock everything to full power/ no restrictions but mine still won't go over 32kph

View attachment 144919View attachment 144920

Leon cycles US emailed me back today, I call bs answer
This is only my suspicion -- but I would think the motors are the same and the tweaking for local regulations is done via the controller and/or the display. I do think the motor on the NCM bikes (Milano, NCM, etc) is different than the ones on the Epic T-series fat bikes, partially because it's on a wider wheel, and I think it has more zip....some even think too much zip!

In Europe, Australia, and New Zealand the legal limit is 250 Watts and a top speed of 25 kph. (15 amp)
In the US, the legal limit is 750 Watts and a top speed of 30 mph. (22 amp)
In Canada, the legal limit is 500 Watts and a top speed of 32 kph. (18 amp)

I would think that any C7 display from the US would be limited to 30 mph.
Nobody in the US would want a display locked to 32 kph.
The Canadian market is starting to enforce the 32 kph speed limit so an unlocked C7 may only take you to 32 kph?
And keep this in mind,..

Screenshot_20230118-041026_Gallery.jpg

That's what was said about my off-road display and even though I could select 45 kph, the power cuts out at 32 kph.
The same might be true for other displays from Canada?
Try to buy from the US if they will ship it to you.

Also I have never heard of this "zero option" mentioned by Epic, but I will check my menu options again.

PAS mode 0 just means to turn off PAS.
Some people with T1000's were turning it "off" when they were coming up to a stop, so that PAS didn't kick in hard and fast when they started to pedal.
They would get going pedaling before turning on PAS.

PAS mode 0 just means to turn off PAS.
Some people with T1000's were turning it "off" when they were coming up to a stop, so that PAS didn't kick in hard and fast when they started to pedal.
They would get going pedaling before turning on PAS.
I though he meant you could set the "Max Speed" to zero and that would theoretically (and strangely) actually enable unlimited speed? In any case, I'll check to see if I even have that option on my display.

I though he meant you could set the "Max Speed" to zero and that would theoretically (and strangely) actually enable unlimited speed? In any case, I'll check to see if I even have that option on my display.

I didn't actually set my PAS to zero using the password.
I was setting it to 0 with the buttons while riding.
That might be different?

Maybe you can ghost pedal if you do it with the password?

My controller arrived and it doesn't have a potted circuit board, so it's not waterproof as I had hoped.
And it doesn't say Kunteng on it anywhere.

This is the daughter board that had a glob of hot glue on it, probably to hold it down and keep it from bouncing, but it wasn't glued to anything.
It would have been bouncing around in the box.

The board is dated March 8th 2018, so it's 5 years old.
The original KT controller of this size was a 20 amp controller, then they improved the mofets and the same board/box was increased to 22 amps.
Then they improved the mosfets again to increase it to 25 amps.

This may actually be a 22 amp controller that was falsely labeled?

So, I wasted 35 extra dollars on a KT controller that I though was the real thing.
It turns out it's not.
Look at the controller model number. What does it start with? That's all you need to know regarding what brand it is. These things are sold by a hundred different suppliers, and every one of them will have a model number starting just like the one in your pic does, indicating it's a KT controller.

Where did you see this controller was going to come with a potted anything?

Agree the daughter board should be fastened. That's the one you're going to smoke if you aren't careful with how many watts your "light" wire is pulling.

Last edited:
Indeed the legislation in Canada says assist can be provided only up to a speed of 32kmh. However, there are lots of bikes sold that don't adhere to that..like mine which allows the 45kmh setting under PAS, but not under throttle. As for Das-kit, it may be a bit of a moving target as I have heard it said that the 45kmh setting has since been removed. However, I have no concrete information on this. Also I have never heard of this "zero option" mentioned by Epic, but I will check my menu options again.
I don't know if this helps but that's what I know.
(You might try to strike a deal with Epic Cycles that if it doesn't do what they say, you can can return it for a refund plus your return shipping charges?)
I did a little playing around with the settings on my L7 Display on my Amego Infinite+ (aka NCM Milano+). Specifically I wanted to see if this "zero option" that Epic Cycles mentioned exists on my bike. To my surprise, it does! If I set both Max PAS speed to 0 and Max Throttle Speed to 0, it seems that under throttle it will go to 42Kph and in PAS6 it will also go to 42Kph. I'm not sure what's special about the number 42Kph - maybe it's the max RPM of the motor or maybe the 45kph is based on having a 29"wheel instead of my 27.5". I suspect if I changed the wheel size to 29, the speed would read 45Kph. In any case, no guarantee this would work on a T-series controller, but at least it does exist so Epic Cycles is not blowing smoke.

Yeah, I never did try that with my off-road display, but either way, both maxed out at 32 kph.

Selecting "0" is a weird way of selecting "maximum".

Yeah, I never did try that with my off-road display, but either way, both maxed out at 32 kph.

Selecting "0" is a weird way of selecting "maximum".
Indeed very weird...there were also a few other weird things I saw. For example, if I set Max Speed under throttle to "0", I couldn't set Max Speed under PAS to all the available speeds - only up to 20Kph. Makes no sense at all. In any case, while it's interesting, I won't be using this option as 32Kph is plenty for me.

My KT controller's motor plug doesn't fit !!!
The motor plug on my T1000 is different. It appears to be proprietary it's similar to the KT connector but it appears to be a higher amp connection?

20230121_101945.jpg
20230121_102017.jpg
20230121_102026.jpg
20230121_102121.jpg
20230121_102157.jpg

I have ordered another KT controller.

Screenshot_20230120-093911_AliExpress.jpg

Being as my motor connector appears to be proprietary, I also ordered a KT 1000w motor extension cable that I can cut in half to use to splice into my existing motor cable.

Screenshot_20230120-093812_AliExpress.jpg

Now I'm worried that the pin configuration and wire color code is different in the Das-Kit motor connector.

20230121_113256.jpg

I removed my Das-Kit Controller and removed the potting material.
Now I can see the wires, where they go and check the wire colors.

Screenshot_20230121-094800_DuckDuckGo.jpg

20230121_154851.jpg
20230121_154432.jpg
20230121_154701.jpg
20230121_154712.jpg

Back