How I bypassed the speed restriction on my NCM 500W/48V Moscow Plus 29er.

No, I've not gone into the settings yet. I guess I will now. Hopefully I can find the security code online.

I was originally told by Magnum bikes that if I bought the C7 display that I could reach 28mph. After receiving it and it only added 1-2mph, I called them and was told there wasn't really a way to do it. Sucks because I spent an extra $100 for the display and another $80 to upgrade my tires that was made to handle 30mph for ebikes.

I was originally told by Magnum bikes that if I bought the C7 display that I could reach 28mph. After receiving it and it only added 1-2mph, I called them and was told there wasn't really a way to do it. Sucks because I spent an extra $100 for the display and another $80 to upgrade my tires that was made to handle 30mph for ebikes.
Hate to be the bearer of 'obvious news' but you could have found this out before wasting your time with Magnum.
Right on their website it says...
"The Magnum Peak comes packed with power. High torque for great climbing abilities and up to 25 MPH pedal assist for fast on and off road riding. "

There is nothing about 28 mph. (though there used to be, and the Peak never could do it).

Every Moscow Plus that has come into my shop goes how fast ????.... 25 mph. Lol. As Gomer Pyle used to say "Surprise, Surprise, Surprise." They are the same ebike, both made by Leisger. Though the Moscow Plus has 16 AH battery, versus 13 AH for the Peak.

Sorry but you got "Gomered" and Magnum is probably chuckling at how many displays they are selling to NCM buyers. ;)

Hate to be the bearer of 'obvious news' but you could have found this out before wasting your time with Magnum.
Right on their website it says...
"The Magnum Peak comes packed with power. High torque for great climbing abilities and up to 25 MPH pedal assist for fast on and off road riding. "

There is nothing about 28 mph. (though there used to be, and the Peak never could do it).

Every Moscow Plus that has come into my shop goes how fast ????.... 25 mph. Lol. As Gomer Pyle used to say "Surprise, Surprise, Surprise." They are the same ebike, both made by Leisger. Though the Moscow Plus has 16 AH battery, versus 13 AH for the Peak.

Sorry but you got "Gomered" and Magnum is probably chuckling at how many displays they are selling to NCM buyers. ;)

After speaking with him on the phone, I got it in writing in a email. I'm only out the tires. Returning the display. Hate wasting time though. Not quite as stupid as you look.

To all ncm moscow owners.
It's seems to me you all want to go faster,as do I.
Ebay Germany as got everything you need to achieve that extra push.
Thanks for the heads up but after contacting the seller it is 99 euro for the chip plus another 70 euro !! for shipping. That makes it about AU$277, bit too much for me unfortunately. Do you know of any other suppliers?

Thanks for the heads up but after contacting the seller it is 99 euro for the chip plus another 70 euro !! for shipping. That makes it about AU$277, bit too much for me unfortunately. Do you know of any other suppliers?
It depends what you are hoping to achieve - an AU bike "only" has the 250W motor and the lower amp controller so whatever you do it is only likely to go around 32km/h. Your best option is probably to wait until Leon AU have the offroad controllers in stock and get one of those (off Catch of the Day or MyDeal if you can) for less than $200. That way you get a higher top speed, better acceleration, less lag, better display and a cut out for both brakes (plus a throttle if you really want one) but you still won't get a bike that does 45 km/h.

I have the opportunity to add a USA version C7 DAS KIT to my standard NCM Moscow. Mine is not the plus version. Will this allow me to change the top speed etc and derestrict my bike, also can I then add a thumb gas?

I have the opportunity to add a USA version C7 DAS KIT to my standard NCM Moscow. Mine is not the plus version. Will this allow me to change the top speed etc and derestrict my bike, also can I then add a thumb gas?
You basically need the "five wire" version to add the thumb throttle. The wires are connected to 1. the battery/controller, 2. the control pad, 3. the front brake, 4. the back brake, 5. the throttle. The model most people are using as the "off-road" display is the C7BBT-10 (I think the T stands for Throttle). That model SHOULD give you the capability to remove restrictions and increase throttle speed etc. with the correct access code. It works on both te standard Moscow and the Plus as well as other bikes. The standard Moscow does not have a brake cut-out on both brakes but you can add a different lever that will alow that.

You basically need the "five wire" version to add the thumb throttle. The wires are connected to 1. the battery/controller, 2. the control pad, 3. the front brake, 4. the back brake, 5. the throttle. The model most people are using as the "off-road" display is the C7BBT-10 (I think the T stands for Throttle). That model SHOULD give you the capability to remove restrictions and increase throttle speed etc. with the correct access code. It works on both te standard Moscow and the Plus as well as other bikes. The standard Moscow does not have a brake cut-out on both brakes but you can add a different lever that will alow that.
Many thanks I’ll order it then. The brake scenario makes sense as currently only my rear brake stops the motor. Do you have any recommendations for a thumb gas to attach?

cheers 👍

Many thanks I’ll order it then. The brake scenario makes sense as currently only my rear brake stops the motor. Do you have any recommendations for a thumb gas to attach?

cheers 👍

This is what a lot of people have used. If you e-mail them they will ship to UK. Can pay using paypal.

Anyone who wants to make their NCM MOSCOW go a bit faster should look at the Tuning Chip for sale on E-Bay. It works on the L7 and C7 display-{not the C7 Off Road Kit).
PAS 2 setting is set to give full power. 22mph on a full battery-Standard Moscow 27.5". Settings 1 and 3 to 6 work as normal.

Anyone who wants to make their NCM MOSCOW go a bit faster should look at the Tuning Chip for sale on E-Bay. It works on the L7 and C7 display-{not the C7 Off Road Kit).
PAS 2 setting is set to give full power. 22mph on a full battery-Standard Moscow 27.5". Settings 1 and 3 to 6 work as normal.
Thanks for that, do you have a link to the ebay product?

I have installed a dongle on my NCM Moscow which raises the speed achieved by the motor before it cuts out, and removes the flat spot as the speed drops below 25kph. The device is probably the same as the German eBay referred to in the previous posts, but cost an order of magnitude less. I have corresponded with an e-biker on another forum and helped him to build his own device and have supplied a second e-biker with a built device at a small mark-up on the component prices and significantly less, about a quarter, of the cost of the eBay device.
If anyone is interested either buiding their own device or purchasing a built one, please respond to this post or preferably pm me.

I have installed a dongle on my NCM Moscow which raises the speed achieved by the motor before it cuts out, and removes the flat spot as the speed drops below 25kph. The device is probably the same as the German eBay referred to in the previous posts, but cost an order of magnitude less. I have corresponded with an e-biker on another forum and helped him to build his own device and have supplied a second e-biker with a built device at a small mark-up on the component prices and significantly less, about a quarter, of the cost of the eBay device.
If anyone is interested either buiding their own device or purchasing a built one, please respond to this post or preferably pm me.
Interested to no if it connects the same as German chip. ie- Between display and motor. Is there much increase in top end speed?

Interested to no if it connects the same as German chip. ie- Between display and motor. Is there much increase in top end speed?
On my bike I cut into the wires joining the display and the controller at top of the Downtube above the battery. The device I built for someone else was pretty much identical to the German eBay device ie daisy chained using Julet connectors. The solution on my bike was cheaper and tidier but requires soldering and confidence in dealing with things electrical - I also took a line out to a voltmeter which gives a better indication of state of charge than the four leds on the battery or the bars on the display. The Julet 8 pin male to female connectors required for plug in version are not that easy to obtain and likely to cost in excess of £10 each, but I do have some and could supply or build you a device.
With a fully charged battery, the motor cuts out at about 36kph and at about 32kph when the battery is 50% discharged. But the big plus is the disappearance of the flat spot. I find a one hour ride now takes around 50 minutes and my average speed has increased by around 5kph.
Do pm me if you’re interested in taking this forward.

Most likely a stupid question ?
I'm lead to believe MXUS XF15R motor are a direct match for Das-Kit eg; they work with the DAS-KIT controller
If that is the case would it be possible to change out the display and controller to one that was open to setting Maximum Speed and or possibly other tuning options

Back