Alternative Display and Controller for NCM (DAS-KIT)

Thanks, but I finally found the code on the instructions sheet in the packaging that I almost threw away, haha. It's 9234.

Bad news is, the display basically doesn't work. PAS and throttle don't do anything. And the settings that you can change on the display are the exact same as the L7, there's not even a max speed setting. Pretty bummed but oh well.
Received mine and exactly same experience.
Now I'm wondering if it's the controler limiting the qty of available options or if it's the software....

I have both an NCM Moscow 27.5" 48v and an NCM London 20" (I'm not sure how the London fits into the NCM lineup, it appears to only be available in Australia so maybe they re-badged something here).

According to the Leon Australia website the bikes use;

Moscow Das-kit Controller CT5-I5 with RX15 motor, came with an L7 display
London Das-kit controller CT4 with R2S-200S6 motor, came with an L6 display

The only noticeable difference between the L7 and L6 displays on them is that the L6 on the London includes the throttle whereas the L7 doesn't.

I also have an offroad kit that i normally have installed on the Moscow, like others have reported the most I can get out of it no matter what is it set to is delivering minimal assistance at 32kph but it is very minimal, on the throttle it only drives to 28kph. As a test, I put the offroad kit on the London and it behaved the same, with much smaller wheels and a different controller and motor. While this doesn't prove anything, it indicates it isn't a motor speed limit as they are different motors and turning at different speeds (different wheel sizes). It also doesn't rule out being a controller limit as both controllers could have the same limit apply, but if that is the case they respond very similarly.

Or it could be that all these limits are from the display, and even though we brought a display that can set to 45kph it really only does 32kph. The throttle on my London with the stock display will actually drive the bike to the full 25kph so I'm pretty happy with it. But I do have friends in the US so I am tempted to order a US L7BT or C7BBT-10 display to see it that will allow them to do 20mph.

,.. But I do have friends in the US so I am tempted to order a US L7BT or C7BBT-10 display to see it that will allow them to do 20mph.

My guess is that will probably work.

However, there may be a tidbit of firmware in the European & Australian controllers that may disallow it to go faster?

These are the main parts I used:

the 155x80x45 box here:

The controller here with the 1-4 cable (cant buy from this link anymore, but its the one I used)

And the KT LCD 8H display.

FYI via the controller options, I derated the controller to basically max at 18 or 19A. Something like that.
I am trying something similar, could you please explain how you connected tye bullet cable from kt controller to the weird looking two pin battery socket of NCM bike?

@PCeBiker did you order a offroad kit (aussie version) for you t1000? And it max out at 32kmph topspeed? But your us version powers up too 45kmph?
The issue for us outside the us would be the display then?

Who can spend me a us display that can make 45kmph 100% and I'll test it out once and for all.

Ps I'll even buy it off you...... if it's works hahaha

@PCeBiker did you order a offroad kit (aussie version) for you t1000?

Yes I did

And it max out at 32kmph topspeed?

Yes, the maximum speed was 32kph

But your us version powers up too 45kmph?

I never did buy the US version.
I installed a KT controller and display instead.

The issue for us outside the us would be the display then?

Probably, but there may be a bit of firmware in the European controller that limits speed as well.
I'm not sure about that.

Who can spend me a us display that can make 45kmph 100% and I'll test it out once and for all.
Ps I'll even buy it off you...... if it's works hahaha

Even my KT controller limits my speed to 32 kph, but I didn't hook up my PAS sensor.

I think my ebike would go 45 if I hooked up my PAS sensor and pedaled, but I'm not positive.

There are lots of ebikes being sold that go a maximum of 32 on throttle but go 45 if you pedal.

@PCeBiker oh ok I got that wrong, no worries.

How much amps can you draw out of your battery before the bms cuts in? I think your version is Max discharge 18a, can you draw more?

How much amps can you draw out of your battery before the bms cuts in? I think your version is Max discharge 18a, can you draw more?

It's was my Das-Kit controller that was limiting my current to 18 amps, not the battery.

As far as I know, the same battery is used for all T1000's.
The American version is limited to 750 Watts, so 21 amps, but may put out well over 1000 Watts during acceleration.

The battery itself probably has a 30 amp BMS?

I have the UK version moscow plus . With offroad display and motor Makes a grinding noise and stops assisting at 20mph .

Are the controllers different ?
Or could it just be the motand is actually 250 watt.

46v and 15 amp controller i thought the peak performance of motor would be able to handle over 20mph?

Hi.I need some advice. I would like to buy a new battery with the new 21700 cells. I found a lot of ads on aliexpress, even on amazon where they sell 52v batteries for NCM Moscow. Can someone confirm me if the Das-Kit CT5-I5 controller can work with a 52v battery? I read that the Das-Kit Controller CT5-I5 has a 60v Mosfet. Here's an example.

1714401506470.png

I remember this thread,..

The link in the link doesn't work.

I found it here,..

Can someone confirm me if the Das-Kit CT5-I5 controller can work with a 52v battery?

If it were me and I wanted to know, I'd hook up my bench power supply to the ebike, and turn it up to 58.8 Volts and see what happens.

It either won't work, or you'll get error code 2 or you'll blow it up. 😂

Or it might work fine?

Keep in mind that a lot of capacitors have a maximum voltage of 60 VDC, and 58.8v is pretty close to maximum.

Reactions: ovt
the thing with the Moscow is that anything you change ....motor ....controller or the display you have to change the whole lot

Reactions: ovt
Back