• Thread starter Deleted member 18083
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 18083

Riese & Müller Homage…
Significant improvements for 2021–2022?

2021 Riese & Müller Homage

2021 Riese & Müller Homage
  • Mounting points – hopefully for water bottles and front rack.
  • The cover for the internal PowerTube battery is no longer held in place by a press stud. Thank goodness!
  • Bosch Performance Line CX Gen4 motor.

Last edited by a moderator:
Trying to compare detailed specs 2020 vs 2021 Unfortunately I don't have a copy of the 2020 specs but from memory I note the following

CX Gen 4 motor

New battery configuration and including the 625 and side by side double battery version

Redesigned frame

Redesigned battery charging port cover

Comfort option (swept back bars and bigger saddle) essentially to replace the Culture which has been dropped

Front rack option - similar to previous Culture (as noted by the OP the attachments can probably be used for water bottles)

Availability of a dropper post

Nyon display available in North America

Rear shock now a Suntour RS 19

No Fox suspension option

Lock is listed as the Bordo 6000 (may be the version without the alarm)

Fairly significant price increase (at least on the Canadian models)

What have I missed?

Last edited:
2021 Riese & Muller : Dual Battery Configuration …
Dual Battery : 2021 Riese & Müller Homage

• 1250 Wh — 2 x 625 Wh PowerTube
  • Bottle or accessory attachment on top of top tube.
  • Front carrier option.
  • Can Fabric (or other) water bottles be fitted to the front carrier attachment points? I have my doubts!

Do you think those battery covers can be used without the battery? I can't see how they would attach to the frame but it may be possible. I'm thinking of removing the battery to reduce weight on the bike rack and would like some rain protection.

Last edited:
Presumably this new design eliminates the issue you had with the second battery mount, David
Peter, I love the way you put my problem in the past tense! ;)
Do you think those battery covers can be used without the battery?
My guess: No; or only with difficulty.

The need for dummy covers is so obvious that R&M must surely have considered it.

Peter, I love the way you put my problem in the past tense!

It's still dark here and I'll have to wait another four hours before ordering! (Which I'm tempted to do.)

My guess: No; or only with difficulty.

The need for dummy covers is so obvious that R&M must surely have considered it.

Oops I should have realized that you hadn't got a fix. I am encouraging everyone to order a new one. It will help justify my significant expenditure on two R&M bikes :cool:

Add a dropper post to the list of options also - no Fox upgrade however.

Attachments

• B519F670-DF0F-4C2E-824E-BCF80C5624FD.jpeg
    B519F670-DF0F-4C2E-824E-BCF80C5624FD.jpeg
    211.1 KB · Views: 538
2021 Riese & Muller Homage : Gearing …
  • 2.0 m – 8.5 m TOURING (derailleur)
  • 2.5 m – 9.5 m VARIO (Enviolo)
  • 2.0 m – 10 m ROHLOFF
This is the distance that the Homage will travel for one revolution of the pedals. I have rounded R&M's figures to make them easier to understand.

A lowest gear of 2 metres is a genuine 'granny gear'; don't be put off by the Enviolo unless you are going mountaineering with a heavy load.

A highest gear of 10 metres is genuinely high – way beyond what I need. If you are thinking of hurtling along on a high speed model check whether the gearing is different for your country/configuration.

Sold. I was waiting for this bike. Everything I wanted from the Superdelite, but with the Homage frame.
Conversations will probably be had about the suspension. After market replacements will likely be the way to go on that.
Very not happy about the colour. But that's what paint's for I guess.

Back