2021–2022 Riese & Müller Homage

• Thread starter Deleted member 18083
  • Start date
Sounds exactly what I’m looking for

At 71 I try to keep my adventures sane (excluding my motorcycle passion)

A plush like Ebike is good. I have also heard the Homage described as “SUV like” which is also OK by me.

Sounds exactly what I’m looking for

At 71 I try to keep my adventures sane (excluding my motorcycle passion)

A plush like Ebike is good. I have also heard the Homage described as “SUV like” which is also OK by me.

I am 71 and have ordered a dual battery Homage Rohloff with comfort pack to replace the present 500Wh Nevo. Looking forward to a more cushioned ride, an end to range anxiety and exploration of local rail trails.

The SUV tag comes mainly due to the weight, and the versatility of the Homage - capable tourer, rambler, commuter, and light MTB. Looking forward to hearing your feedback when it arrives - I am expecting quite a few superlatives.

On the road it feels sound and secure. At first it might feel like a machine, but after a couple of weeks it will feel like an extension of your body.

2021 Riese & Muller : Dual Battery Configuration …

• 1250 Wh — 2 x 625 Wh PowerTube
  • Is it possible/practical to carry a third battery?
  • New battery charge cover — the 2019–20 was difficult to close.
  • Bottle attachment on top of top tube — exactly where it should be!
  • Front carrier option.
Paying a premium for that second battery/frame design - extra AUD 1,889.00! :)

Although it has less travel suspension capabilities than the SD due to lack of GX shocks, the new Homage looks to be a better engineered bike as compared with the SD. Very little space was wasted in the Homage so to speak, the 1,250wh of well-concealed battery is insane, everything looks so integrated and seamless. The SD -- by comparison -- looks very modular.

Although it has less travel suspension capabilities than the SD due to lack of GX shocks, the new Homage looks to be a better engineered bike as compared with the SD. Very little space was wasted in the Homage so to speak, the 1,250wh of well-concealed battery is insane, everything looks so integrated and seamless. The SD -- by comparison -- looks very modular.

It would be interesting to see a weight comparison between the 100mm suspension Superdelite and the 2021 dual battery Homage. Does the step through frame make for a heavier bike?

A video of my local Brisbane Valley Rail Trail shows that it is not as ebike friendly as I would like! I can lift my existing 28.2kg Nevo but the new dual battery Homage will pose a bigger challenge.

20200910_073649.jpg

It would be interesting to see a weight comparison between the 100mm suspension Superdelite and the 2021 dual battery Homage. Does the step through frame make for a heavier bike?
+1
The R&M website has the information to do this but isn't smart enough :(

EUR 8000? Uh, oh. I feel I need a better car instead... :)
I like the new Homage specs though.

In their defense i should have said "isn't quite" as it is fairly decent, it does provide more details than many other ebike sites.
I do agree. After bike configuration, all specification details are given.

Mike…​
  • Open r-m.de.
  • Paste your order code F00515_030209320741 into Search.
  • Your choice will be displayed. (Save yourself time, click this link!)
  • Scroll down past
    • the summary (white background),
    • the man dressed for town (colour photo),
    • 'Your GT Rohloff' (black background),
    • Specifications (white background),
    • Frame Geometries (black background).
…David

2020-09-10.jpg

Mike…​
  • Open r-m.de.
  • Paste your order code F00515_030209320741 into Search.
  • Your choice will be displayed. (Save yourself time, click this link!)
  • Scroll down past
    • the summary (white background),
    • the man dressed for town (colour photo),
    • 'Your GT Rohloff' (black background),
    • Specifications (white background),
    • Frame Geometries (black background).
…David

View attachment 64987

Unfortunately, the same 33.7kg appears for a 625Wh 49cm configuration. So none the wiser?

Hmm. Most of e-bike manufacturers are reluctant to give the bike weight. R&M try their best. R&M don't show however, for example, the fact the dual battery would increase the bike weight significantly. The single battery version I chose would weigh at least 10 kg more than my Vado or Trance. Very important factor for me if I wanted the "e-bike SUV".

Unfortunately, the same 33.7kg appears for a 625Wh 49cm configuration. So none the wiser?
I wonder why R&M don't follow their Delite/Superdelite naming convention with the Homage.

Anyway, there is a 3.1 kg difference between the two Delites, so my first guess is that there is a similar difference between the Homages.
  • Delite : 28.8 kg
  • Superdelite : 31.9 kg
The second guess will have to be yours. Is 33.7 kg the weight with dual or single battery? (Surely the dual battery version!)

I wonder why R&M don't follow their Delite/Superdelite naming convention with the Homage.

Anyway, there is a 3.1 kg difference between the two Delites, so my first guess is that there is a similar difference between the Homages.
  • Delite : 28.8 kg
  • Superdelite : 31.9 kg
The second guess will have to be yours. Is 33.7 kg the weight with dual or single battery? (Surely the dual battery version!)

The Delite / Superdelite data certainly suggest 33.7kg for the dual battery version. All will be revealed when my 1250Wh bike arrives (January?).

The Delite / Superdelite data certainly suggest 33.7kg for the dual battery version. All will be revealed when my 1250Wh bike arrives (January?).

The R&M website has now changed the weight from 33.7kg to 29.7kg which makes sense for a single battery Homage Rohloff when compared to other models.

If 3.5kg is added for the second battery and an extra 0.5kg for the different downtube, then 33.7kg seems appropriate for the dual battery version.

My dual battery build dates are 16 - 20 November.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201004-090226_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20201004-090226_Chrome.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 328
Do you think those battery covers can be used without the battery? I can't see how they would attach to the frame but it may be possible. I'm thinking of removing the battery to reduce weight on the bike rack and would like some rain protection.

Bosch offers a Pin Cover for the In-Frame contacts to protect them from weather while transporting a bike on a car rack.

You may be able to order it for less through your local shop, but here is a link for it on Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MXUSRM...olid=19OCYKJM45KXR&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it
Or eBay:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bosch-Batt...327?_trksid=p2349526.m4383.l4275.c10#viTabs_0

1601861864672.png

I plan to order several of them to keep on hand, Including to protect the plug on the charging cable.
The charging cable one will be tethered to the cord, the others will be attached to brightly colored soft tethers that will hook over something on the bike so that they don't get misplaced.

Greetings,
New member here, but have been reading reviews and a few of the forums a bit before jumping in.
I ordered my 2021 Homage on September 4th, and am anxiously awaiting the arrival as all of you are.

My configuration:
2021 R&M Homage GT Rohloff
  • Class-1, {to get the excellent eMTB mode!}
  • Dual-Battery
  • Nyon Display
  • Dropper Post
  • Front Rack
  • Air Freight (My local dealer split the cost of this with me)
According to the R&M website as of today, my estimated build date is the week of December 7th.

1601863195620.png

Really love the look of this bike in white, but the dual-battery option was more important,
and I know how to apply brightly colored reflective tape or places to get it painted.

Am looking at options for installing the 140mm travel suspension shock/fork from the Delite/SuperDelite GX/Fox upgrade option.
The rear wheel triangle frame is the same on the Homage as the Delite models, so it should be a straightforward swap.
I will probably hold off on that until after I ride it for a bit to see if I want/need more suspension.

I am SO looking forward to it arriving!

Back