2021–2022 Riese & Müller Homage

• Thread starter Deleted member 18083
  • Start date
I've had my new Homage for less than a month and just yesterday the rear Suntour shock was completely flat. I noticed as I went to take it out of the garage in the morning after last taking it out the night before.

The bike shop has said they'll look at the shock after I asked for a replacement, but it's a little discomforting knowing that it will go flat at any moment in time.

One surprising feature I didn't know about are the snap release type connections on the mudguards. I somehow ended up with a stick in the front wheel and it didn't break the mudguard! Which isn't true for the last bike I had! It was as simple as popping the connections back together.
this EXACT thing happened to me.
The replacement shock has lasted about 18 months, but I'm upgrading as soon as I can afford it.

They had a look at the shock today and will be replacing it as it was deemed to be kaput after less than one month.

I am glad it is being replaced, but man, why did R&M use such a dud shock to begin with? I have a feeling it was malfuctioning from the factory (based on what the mechanic was saying when testing it), but being as I have no experience with shock absorbers I didn't know how it should behave.

Hopefully the replacement functions correctly or else I may have to spend money I don't want to on what has been recommended in here previously.

I would like to suggest that there have been some cost-cutting decisions made at R&M that I'm pretty unimpressed with. That shock is one. But the real issue for me is the gear interface for the Rolhoff system.
I know R&M didn't design that object. But I believe they're in a position to have Rolhoff do something about it. It's the worst.

Back