2022 - Top 12 Bafang Ultra M620 Ebikes

The plastic gear never failed at stock wattage. I has one for five years and never had a problem.
That fact has been lost on many. A pet gripe of mine....

That fact has been lost on many. A pet gripe of mine....
Did pushkar ever come through with the nylon ones he was proposing?

I also would gladly run one in my M620 that isn't over watted and would like it to be quieter. Problem is that if it is made then over watters will run them and melt them but that is their problem. At 1500w an Ultra equipped bike can feel like a small motorcycle and the need to go beyond that truly does exceed the spirit of a bicycle.

I use my speed unrestricted Yamaha PW-X (80Nm 250 W) powered eMTB for commute and I really struggle to keep up with traffic even in 25 mph zone even on the flat ground even in no wing condition. It requires to push really hard to keep the bicycle at that speed and the best speed I can reach on it going uphill or against the wind is 20 mph. This is quite dangerous and annoying for drivers even in 25 mph zone (I occupy the whole lane because of eMTB has wide bar). And there are unavoidable 35 mph zones (including 35 mph uphill) on my commute route without dedicated bicycle lanes where commuting becomes really dangerous, even there are signs post to watch drivers for bicycles.

And this is the motor limitation, not the transmission limitation (my bicycle has high speed ratio Kindernay XIV gearhub allows to keep the motor at low RPM high torque zone even at 30 mph. I can set the gear at which my Yamaha PW-X still shows close to maximum torque level on display at 30 mph but struggles to go any faster even downhill).

Would I be able to make 35 mph uphill against the wind with ease on Bafang m620 powered bicycle?

Last edited:
Did pushkar ever come through with the nylon ones he was proposing?

I also would gladly run one in my M620 that isn't over watted and would like it to be quieter. Problem is that if it is made then over watters will run them and melt them but that is their problem. At 1500w an Ultra equipped bike can feel like a small motorcycle and the need to go beyond that truly does exceed the spirit of a bicycle.
Nope. Research abandoned.

I have the same thought. You want to push an M620, YOU run the metal gear! Give the rest of us a plastic gear that will handle the occasional 1500-1600w sprint. Silence is golden.

Last edited:
I use my speed unrestricted Yamaha PW-X (80Nm 250 W) powered eMTB for commute and I really struggle to keep up with traffic even in 25 mph zone even on the flat ground even in no wing condition. It requires to push really hard to keep the bicycle at that speed and the best speed I can reach on it going uphill or against the wind is 20 mph. This is quite dangerous and annoying for drivers even in 25 mph zone (I occupy the whole lane because of eMTB has wide bar).

And this is the motor limitation, not the transmission limitation (my bicycle has high speed ratio Kindernay XIV gearhub allows to keep the motor at low RPM high torque zone even at 30 mph, my Yamaha PW-X shows maximum torque level on display at 30 mph ot close to maximum torque but struggles to go any faster).

Would I be able to make 35 mph uphill against the wind with ease on Bafang m620 powered bicycle?
I don't know about 35, but thinking it should crack 30 easy enough.

You need to keep 2 things in mind though. 1st, you're going to be eating your battery charge big time when using a lot of power. Your range will go right into the toilet.
2nd, is about heat. As good as it is, it is NOT going to run indefinitely without over heating. The motor is totally buried inside the gear case, with no air circulation.

"Would I be able to make 35 mph uphill against the wind with ease on Bafang m620 powered bicycle?"

No, probably not even on flat ground against a headwind or it would be alot of work. If I can average 20mph on the uphill paved roads by me I think I'm at my limit both motor and physically. I usually just ride up hills at about 15mph which is 3 times faster than I can do the same hills on my push bike. But I'm in no hurry to get there either anymore.

My younger by 18yrs riding buddy has a Yamaha and he can't keep up but maybe you got a special bike? Carry on.

That's weird because of this is about the result on my 80Nm 250W motor.
This comment is an aweful lot like the guy bragging up his Ford in a Chevy topic.

That's how fast my Yamaha can go if I push it really hard. But I can not believe 80Nm 250W can go as fast as 160Nm 1000W. That's probably mostly because of gearing ratios. You probably use derailleur and Bafang m620 motor even at highest derailleur gear spins like crazy at 30 mph and losses enough torque to not overcome that speed while I use Kindernay XIV gear hub with significantly higher top speed gear ratio which allows my Yamaha motor still provides enough torque to compete with Bafang m620.

Now I'm wondering how fast Bafang m620 could go with Kindernay XIV at higher gear ratio.

Last edited:
I did a list like this in 2020 and it was time for an update.

Caveats for criteria:
1) My top 12 might be different than what you would put in there.
2) Must have a dedicated sub-forum on EBR.
3) I tried to include a variety of styles including hard tails, fatties, full suspension and step throughs.
4) Also many brands have upgrade options which I may have done or not, but this really effects pricing, sale prices come and go which might effect price rankings.
5) Finally number ranking doesn't mean it's better, just more expensive, it's up to you to decide which Ebike is best value or just the best for your needs.

Here is why the ultra motor, shown in this video, it is the hill crusher and beats all popular motors.

Go to 4:15 time stamp for the times

#1) FREY-Beast - $7980.00
Notable features, 60V Battery with custom Ultra
FREY LINK
View attachment 110659

#2) BIKONET-Warthog MD1000 - $7799.00
Notable features, built in double batteries(30Ah) with gates belt and Rohloff IGH
BIKONET LINK
View attachment 110656

#3) FLX-Blade 2 Touring - $7329.00
Notable features, gates belt and Rohloff IGH
FLX LINK

View attachment 110661

#4) Watt Wagons - Ultimate Commuter Pro - $6899.00
Notable features, all Titanium frame with Innotrace X1 controller.
(shown with upgrades but priced out the entry level)
Watt Wagons Link
View attachment 110664

#5) QuietKat-JEEP - $6699.00
Notable features, full suspension fatty
QuietKat Link
View attachment 110665

#6 Biktrix-Monte Capro Ultra - $5999.00
Notable feature, premium carbon fiber frame, choice of colors.
Biktrix Link
View attachment 110666

#7) FREY-CC - $4780.00
Notable features, the only full suspension step through on this list
Frey Link
View attachment 110668

#8) LUNA-Z1 Enduro - $4500.00
Notable features, Carbon fiber frame, custom Magnesium version of the Ultra
LUNA Link
View attachment 110670

#9) Eunorau-Specter ST-$4299.00

Notable features, step through specked with a second battery
EUNORAU Link
View attachment 110671
#10) RIZE- RX Pro-$3299.00

Notable features, 52 Volt battery can be upgraded to dual batteries, economical.
RIZE link
View attachment 110672

#11) SONDORS-Cruiser -$2999.00

Notable features, step through cruiser with solid fork; economical
SONDORS Link
View attachment 110673

#12) Nireeka-Prime A4 - $2499.00

Notable features, unique head turning look, solid fork, carbon fiber, price point, upgradable
NIREEKA Link
View attachment 110674

So there they are, which one caught your eye ?
From Switzerland......no words.....

Attachments

• Nireeka_Prime_2022.jpg
    Nireeka_Prime_2022.jpg
    368.2 KB · Views: 207
That's how fast my Yamaha can go if I push it really hard. But I can not believe 80Nm 250W can go as fast as 160Nm 1000W. That's probably mostly because of gearing ratios. You probably use derailleur and Bafang m620 motor even at highest derailleur gear spins like crazy at 30 mph and losses enough torque to not overcome that speed while I use Kindernay XIV gear hub with significantly higher top speed gear ratio which allows my Yamaha motor still provides enough torque to compete with Bafang m620.

Now I'm wondering how fast Bafang m620 could go with Kindernay XIV at higher gear ratio.
If you never watched the video in the OP, go back and watch it, pay attention to time stamp at 4:15 which ranks all the times for all the different motors, I think the video answers your question.

If you never watched the video in the OP, go back and watch it, pay attention to time stamp at 4:15 which ranks all the times for all the different motors, I think the video answers your question.
Yes, 160Nm 1500W outperforms 80Nm 250W on climbing because of the motor is at lower gear and does nor spin too fast and provides more power at the same gear ratio. What I'm saying is 160Nm 1500W at lower gear ratio can not reach higher speed than 80Nm 250W at higher gear ratio (which is low gear ratio derailleur vs high gear ratio gear hub). In order to reach higher speed with 160Nm 1500W motor you need higher gear ratio. So I'm wondering if somebody uses Bafang m620 with big front chainring and small rear sprocket combined with Kindernay XIV gear hub and how fast this setup can go.

Yes, 160Nm 1500W outperforms 80Nm 250W on climbing because of the motor is at lower gear and does nor spin too fast and provides more power at the same gear ratio. What I'm saying is 160Nm 1500W at lower gear ratio can not reach higher speed than 80Nm 250W at higher gear ratio (which is low gear ratio derailleur vs high gear ratio gear hub). In order to reach higher speed with 160Nm 1500W motor you need higher gear ratio. So I'm wondering if somebody uses Bafang m620 with big front chainring and small rear sprocket combined with Kindernay XIV gear hub and how fast this setup can go.
I am pretty sure some members here on EBR have that Ebike because Watt Wagons sold them

i posted a video demo on page one and i have to agree, this is a very odd bike.

i admit i do like the wheels! wonder how heavy they are...
62 lbs.

There's a new model with a smaller hub motor, the basic Ebike is 48 lbs. with full suspension and at only 2K, it the most affordable carbon fiber Ebike
It's called the

NIREEKA HOMIE V23​

nireeka-homie-cover-01.jpg

They have created a new market segment, the low end carbon fiber Ebike, it's pretty unique in "Pearlized Red" and it's strange styling it's bound to turn heads on the road.
Actually EBR has already reviewed and tested this Ebike in their forum here.

Last edited:
Back