2022 - Top 12 Bafang Ultra M620 Ebikes

1686675152662-png.117647
I love the paint job
Nice looking bike!

@TPEHAK

Do you have access to a 17" frame version to measure the standover height by any chance?
below is what I mean by that"

E55 dengfu.jpg

Last edited:
Can someone tell me if all the lower 5 gears are an underdrive ratio such that the only way to have high speeds (say 20mph) with reasonable cadence is to have a small rear chain/belt sprocket and a larger front?
Have to be careful when comparing torque limit ratings as they sometimes state that the final drive ratio must be considered. In other words they are limiting the torque of the rider + motor via the final drive ratio. This is kind of tricky because they may need to do this because they have so many gears at under-drive ratios (is less than unity) but in my opinion the torque should be how much torque the IGH can accept at it's axle. If you consider that the Bafang M610 can generate 160nM or more at the motor bottom bracket and a 200kg rider standing on the cranks can generate an additional 160nm then with a 1:1 final drive ration (same cogs front and rear) the IGH would need to be rated at 320nM minimum and NONE are.

I love the paint job
Nice looking bike!

@TPEHAK

Do you have access to a 17" frame version to measure the standover height by any chance?
below is what I mean by that"

View attachment 156093

It is about 757 mm for RockShox Domain RC Suspension Fork part number 00.4020.707.006

1686976941390.png

It is about 35" from the ground to the top of the seat with lowered dropper post on 29" rims with 2.8" tires. If you consider to stay in that area it might not be possible because of the seat is going to be right above it (you can see on the picture below how the seat nose covers this area).

1686977618525.png

Last edited:
My Rize RX is for sale. Kootenays BC. Very well sorted. $2500 cdn includes lots, but it’s the programable motor. Have cable.
I was just on my RX for the first time in a while, beat the living snot out of that bike last night lol, gained a new appreciation for it! What year is yours? ill post it on my face book page, an RX is a bike i dont mind recommending!

I also want to add UART version owners are not always satisfied with their Bike's performance they gotta change this and that and post results on EBR. It's over played. My Canbus motor Can make the front wheel rise when I stand on the pedal from a dead stop. I love it.
For many of us UART Ultra tuners, it's not about raw power, but a finely tuned delivery of that power that is controllable mostly by applied pedal torque. I personally would hate a bike that lifted the front wheel as you describe. I want my bike to take off smoothly and evenly, and have the power increase or decrease based on the terrain and my riding style.

Different spokes for different folks I guess.

I have the Frey Beast with the 60v canbus motor.

Prior to buying I was a bit sceptical about its manners judging by the comments about owners of the uart version. In all honesty, I’m very happy with the way it is tuned which is smooth and fast. With the badass battery capacity you can cover a fair amount of ground fairly quickly.

If I was to be critical I would prefer zero motor run on after peddling ceases like my other e-bike, but it’s certainly not annoying or a deal breaker since it has ebrakes anyway. But I can understand to some it would be.

I haven’t tried to lift the front wheel but I’m sure it’s possible. Interestingly, the 60klm speed limit doesn’t seem to apply to the throttle when on its stand as you can see from the max speed on a partially charge battery.

IMG_1515.jpeg

Last edited:
Well wouldn't UART afford you the ability to tame or make as aggressive as you want?
Or do you think that CANBUS adds a level of sophistication that UART can't achieve?

Well wouldn't UART afford you the ability to tame or make as aggressive as you want?
Or do you think that CANBUS adds a level of sophistication that UART can't achieve?
It’s difficult to know of the relative differences and whether the custom 60v version that I have is another beast altogether (pardon the pun).

It might also depend on how people are using their bikes. For instance, I wouldn’t use sport mode pas level 5 when crossing a road through traffic in a low gear and then curse the bike for being too aggressive. But some might.

It’s difficult to know of the relative differences and whether the custom 60v version that I have is another beast altogether (pardon the pun).

It might also depend on how people are using their bikes. For instance, I wouldn’t use sport mode pas level 5 when crossing a road through traffic in a low gear and then curse the bike for being too aggressive. But some might.
True.
I know many complain without the ability and/or knowledge to make changes... and/or adapt riding behavior to the motors characteristics.
CANBUS is in itself more sophisticated so it is plausible that further refinements would be possible.
That said... Maybe it's not necessary and UART is more than adequate and the benefits of CANBUS are things like battery communication, app integration and manufacturer lock down.
Since the CANBUS version can also be tweaked to ... Knowing exactly what's going on is another Bafang secret.

Reactions: rtp
Maybe it's not necessary and UART is more than adequate and the benefits of CANBUS are things like battery communication, app integration and manufacturer lock down.
Battery communication is mostly a matter of having enough wires strung to the cells: Most ebike BMS are only wired to sets of cells, rather than each cell individually; when wired together, you can only tell the state of each set, not it's individual cells, & have to take on faith that the individual cells in a set have "self balanced" via their hardwired bus connections.

I would love to wedge a 14s6p pack onto a Dorado pack's connector, but when making such a pack I'll want to wire it with an 84-cell BMS, rather than a BMS that only measures groups of cells.

Anyone know the max amps the 52V battery can pull?
The motor does the pulling and the battery does the providing 🙃
That said it's dependent on the characteristics of the cells used and how many strung in parallel.
Different model cells have different continuous and maximum discharge rates allowing builders to tailor packs for different applications. One might want a small pack with cells that have a high discharge rate to provide enough amps for a powerful motor and stay as light as possible.... but that might come at the expense of higher cost and poorer cold weather performance. A similar pack using a lower discharge rate cell would need more cells in parallel to provide enough current for the same motor but would be perfectly fine for a less powerful motor and preferred if used frequently in cold weather. Just an example.. not that current output and temperature performance are intrinsically tied.

Last edited:
Battery communication is mostly a matter of having enough wires strung to the cells: Most ebike BMS are only wired to sets of cells, rather than each cell individually; when wired together, you can only tell the state of each set, not it's individual cells, & have to take on faith that the individual cells in a set have "self balanced" via their hardwired bus connections.

I would love to wedge a 14s6p pack onto a Dorado pack's connector, but when making such a pack I'll want to wire it with an 84-cell BMS, rather than a BMS that only measures groups of cells.
I was referring to battery communication with the motor controller / display for information such as this.

Screenshot_20240322_043316_Drive.jpg

What you are referring to I believe is considered unnecessary.
If a battery is built correctly using matching cells from a single manufacturer lot so that chemistry and internal resistance are as close to identical as possible... when strung in parallel the cell groups effectively act as one cell.

Back