Zen Shakti

Looks good , a stronger or beefier rear rack option would help. For ebikers like me who may occasionally carry 50-75lb loads.

The bike does look fantastic. Is this thread the best place to stay up to date on production updates, component choices, and preordering info?

Thanks for this note!
We will announce all the details here once we have completed the final testing and at that point, you will be able to see a complete picture with high-resolution pictures, videos, and production updates.

Our engineering partner in Taiwan is testing the Zen Shakti models and once we work out every single detail, it will go into production.
We will do something special for the EBR community in the coming months.

[Ignore the short rear fender that is used on this pre-production model]

View attachment 77246
Great to see you making more progress Ravi! Hope everything goes as planned with your business venture. Full steam ahead my friend! 😁

Any update on status and potential timing of the Shakti?

Thanks for looking into this model and expressing your interest.
We are in the middle of some capital raising activity and getting the production order ready. The factory in Taiwan state that there have been many excessive orders/overbooking by several existing companies and they anticipate some cancellation nearing Q3 of 2021. So, at the earliest, it would be Q4 of 2021. I wish we could do it sooner. We want to vet every component before it gets into full-scale production.
As the proverb goes, "If you have 10 hours to cut a tree, spend 8 of them in sharpening the axe" and I guess our predicament is similar to that.
But, we have some major activity in the works. We are working to have the Tesla Canada Research Chair as the Chairman of the Zen E-bikes company in Halifax, Nova Scotia and we will be heavily focused in the Canada/US market as soon as we get everything lined up.

Thanks for looking into this model and expressing your interest.
We are in the middle of some capital raising activity and getting the production order ready. The factory in Taiwan state that there have been many excessive orders/overbooking by several existing companies and they anticipate some cancellation nearing Q3 of 2021. So, at the earliest, it would be Q4 of 2021. I wish we could do it sooner. We want to vet every component before it gets into full-scale production.
As the proverb goes, "If you have 10 hours to cut a tree, spend 8 of them in sharpening the axe" and I guess our predicament is similar to that.
But, we have some major activity in the works. We are working to have the Tesla Canada Research Chair as the Chairman of the Zen E-bikes company in Halifax, Nova Scotia and we will be heavily focused in the Canada/US market as soon as we get everything lined up.
Appreciate the update and that you're doing things 'properly'. Just wish the timetable was different!! Don't bow to customer pressure though, no matter how much we may push you for speedier delivery!! It will be much better for everyone to get it built right from the start, and I like the proverb!!

We will have a longer rear fender and a matching rear light bracket in black color.
Working out small details like that. I guess for the first few years, we will try to be narrow and deep instead of shallow and with a wide range of products.
Once we perfect this model with every single component (most importantly, torque sensor + controller + battery), it will be much easier moving forward.

1613430268397.png

Last edited:
Ravi, any pics of the step-thru wife asking? I'm still in on the Zen Shakti as it is my secret crush just waiting patiently.

Thank you very much!
We are doing our best but looks like a couple of the items needed for full-scale production won't make it on time. So, the step-thru will be released in Q1 of 2022.
Unable to travel to Taiwan, getting things done can be quite challenging. Nevertheless, the Shakti model will be a very compelling ebike when it hits the market.
There is a lot of activity going on in the background and we certainly appreciate your support and patience.

In Calgary, Alberta....hoping rebates may find their way west too
Verging on the verboten political post - in Alberta? A rebate? From Kenney and his minions?
This Calgarian strongly suggests that you don't hold your breath... but I'd be delighted to be wrong.

My $0.02

Thank you very much!
We are doing our best but looks like a couple of the items needed for full-scale production won't make it on time. So, the step-thru will be released in Q1 of 2022.
Unable to travel to Taiwan, getting things done can be quite challenging. Nevertheless, the Shakti model will be a very compelling ebike when it hits the market.
There is a lot of activity going on in the background and we certainly appreciate your support and patience.
Thanks! Don't rush it as it will be a success when it finally comes out to the biking community. If possible, put me on the list for one of first bikes when you get them out to the public.

Verging on the verboten political post - in Alberta? A rebate? From Kenney and his minions?
This Calgarian strongly suggests that you don't hold your breath... but I'd be delighted to be wrong.

My $0.02
A rebate, in Alberta, for an electric vehicle. That there, is the stuff of great, thermonuclear .... irony .... humour. ☺️

Back