Zen Shakti

@wabaseballfamily and @EmotionLynx6Pro ,

Thanks. We are working on fine-tuning the controller for very smooth power delivery and reliability. We want to make sure every kind of testing is done on it before it hits the market.
I think the customers will be really pleased with the performance.
Hopefully, the controller will have voltage regulation so there will be no loss of PAS assist as the battery voltage drops.

Any update on the bike? Looking for a hub :)

We are working feverishly to get everything dialed in. To offer a bike of this quality at 2K pricepoint needs a lot of background work, QC/QA, testing.

We are testing the ASI controller and the battery pack design. The only other bike that has a fantastic controller like the ASI is Stromer and when it comes to DIY, Grin uses Phase runner, which is based on ASI controllers.

Fortunately, we have all the right ingredients and the team. We certainly want to serve the EBR community not only with great a product but also support for that product needs to be thought through in great detail.
I will update the thread, as soon as we open the web for pre-orders (hopefully in a matter of weeks).

We are working feverishly to get everything dialed in. To offer a bike of this quality at 2K pricepoint needs a lot of background work, QC/QA, testing.

We are testing the ASI controller and the battery pack design. The only other bike that has a fantastic controller like the ASI is Stromer and when it comes to DIY, Grin uses Phase runner, which is based on ASI controllers.

Fortunately, we have all the right ingredients and the team. We certainly want to serve the EBR community not only with great a product but also support for that product needs to be thought through in great detail.
I will update the thread, as soon as we open the web for pre-orders (hopefully in a matter of weeks).
For the DIY crowd, the CYC gen2 pro motor kit also uses an ASI controller (the one I bought last April used a BAC 855; you can also order the kit with a BAC 2000. See:
https://www.acceleratedsystems.com/products/electric-motor-controllers/bac855
and
https://www.acceleratedsystems.com/products/electric-motor-controllers/bac2000

These are full FOC sensor less Can Bus controllers with a nominal rating of 70 amps for the BAC 855 and 200 for the BAC 2000 with a 36-72 voltage range so either is considerably over spec’d for any rational e bike application.

Details of the bike I installed this kit on are at:
https://electricbikereview.com/foru...th-homebuilt-e-bikes.43677/page-4#post-439932

With a 48 volt battery with a 40 amp C rating the bike feels as zippy as my Bafang Ultra powered bike, despite its fat tires, with good low speed control through the pedals. Despite being sensor less, starting torque is not an issue.

Interestingly it seems to use the same torsion strain gage sensor directly mounted to the cranks as Bafang uses in the Ultra. I assume the Shakti is going to use the same torque sensor technology??

I assume the Shakti is going to use the same torque sensor technology??

Thanks for sharing the link of CYC Gen2 Pro. Seems like a very sweet setup!
I have heard the noise is a bit high. Is that right?
I don't doubt it performs very well with that controller.

Since ASI is a Canadian company, our investors are more interested in keeping as much Canadian stuff as possible. We have a few torque sensors and fine-tuning all the parameters with our custom motor is taking time.
While designing these things, it is important to have a clear view of the overall architecture so it can be scaled quickly and reliably. You will some companies mixing and matching a lot of stuff without much testing and each bike has its own separate spec sheet and this adds complexity and a few years down the line, parts supply becomes a nightmare. This is exactly what we would like to avoid.

Quick question to those following this thread!

Which would you prefer?

existing 48V, 14Ah (~670Whr) pack at a lower price

or

48V, 17.5Ah (~840 Whr) for $200 more?

That looks sweet,it will be a killer commuter but should come with fenders imo even if they are cheapo or you have to increase the price.

Which would you prefer?

or

I'd take the 17.5 if it was a clean look, not too heavy and the connections and lock can take the weight. Stromer's were able to incorporate that size and weight pack, and are great, but in my opinion the Stromer's weight and girth are the most motor-scooter like ebike I've ridden.

From past experience I'd be able to get 60+ miles from a 14 Amp hour. 17.5 I should get 75 to 100 miles on a tour. Certainly less commuting, with higher speeds and stop and go riding.

Which would you prefer?

or

Hard to do in short term, but long term I like the idea of two models, a light and a heavy. Light = 14ah battery, lighter narrower tires (~50mm), rigid fork, 5-10 lbs less; maybe rack and fenders optional (I thought I wanted full fenders but I've been happy with a clip on rear fender on my road bike, but work from home makes that a lot easier). Competes with the Trek Allants, Giant Fastroad, etc.

The Shakti as configured is what I see as the heavy version, with the bigger battery.

Back