Zen Shakti

Looking good , a few questions…How much weight can the rack hold? How many amp hours total available with the 2 batteries? Will there be any brake upgrades available? Any other upgrades available for non budget buyers? Any user/display adjustments to power levels or torque sensor? When can I ride 1? When can I buy 1? 😁

Last edited:
What is the current view of timeline with the supply chain situation, particularly for the step thru model?

The Step-thru model is scheduled for 2022.
The supply chain and shipping are very challenging right now. In a way, it has been a blessing in disguise.
Although we may have lost some customers in 2021, we will be able to gain them in the long term because we know they would love a very refined product at this price range.

Looking good , a few questions…How much weight can the rack hold? How many amp hours total available with the 2 batteries? Will there be any brake upgrades available? Any other upgrades available for non budget buyers? Any user/display adjustments to power levels or torque sensor? When can I ride 1? When can I buy 1? 😁

Rack can hold about ~55lbs.
With two batteries, you are looking at 27Ah min and up to 31Ah max
Yes, the brakes can be upgraded but it would be overkill for most customers.

What's the updated projected base price for this e-bike now(it seems to be no longer $1,990(US)). Before any possible upgrades like an extra battery. $2,300-2,400(US)??

We are shooting in the ~2300 ballpark and the bike would come with a host of upgrades (battery size, controller, lights, fork, etc)
When can I buy one?
its riding season here.
902ADADA-BFA1-4EEE-A1D8-F11AEF39009E.jpeg

Attachments

• 6B00FF82-AE7F-4B20-9371-712CB79E0B18.jpeg
    6B00FF82-AE7F-4B20-9371-712CB79E0B18.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 220
The Shakti model built for one of our customers in NY.
With 52V, 20Ah in the downtube and 52V,17Ah on the downtube, it packs a lot of energy and a range of 130 miles is no problem for a bike that costs less than $2980.
Other features include suspension seatpost, hydraulic brakes with cut-off, a well tuned torque sensor and all the goodies like integrated racks and lights.

1674757759659.png

Hi Ravi,

Is the Shakti on your web site ? I couldn’t find it. Also what are the differences between this and the Saral? I believe they are both hub drives correct?

Hi Ravi,

Is the Shakti on your web site ? I couldn’t find it. Also what are the differences between this and the Saral? I believe they are both hub drives correct?

It's not on our website yet. Yes, both are hub drives.
The SHAKTI is more powerful than the SARAL and has slightly beefier components and much bigger battery.

Almost 2kwh battery capacity, that is a lot!

How is the performance of the motor Ravi?

The motor performance is powerful!
Anything more, it would not be suitable on a bicycle. Most people would not need this much battery, but this was a special case, and we do want to offer this to people who want something extra whether it is range or performance.

The motor performance is powerful!
Anything more, it would not be suitable on a bicycle. Most people would not need this much battery, but this was a special case, and we do want to offer this to people who want something extra whether it is range or performance.
I am sure it is powerful. A bit more info can be very good for your future buyers. For example what is the efficiency at around 6mph and around 24mph while giving an output around 350+W. That should cover a good bit of road riding and climbing conditions.

What are the motor specs? 110 miles at 28mph will do ;) the ability to keep speed at 28+..even more so up hills with less shifting using motor power would be awesome, are any of the torque sensors user adjustable? Any customization available such as brake choices , suspension choices and more.

Are longer fenders available?

Last edited:
What are the motor specs? 110 miles at 28mph will do ;) the ability to keep speed at 28+..even more so up hills with less shifting using motor power would be awesome, are any of the torque sensors user adjustable? Any customization available such as brake choices , suspension choices and more.

Are longer fenders available?
Any new news on Shakti?
step thru pictures?
thanks, Barry

What geared hub motor is in the Shakti(you indicated the Shakti is more powerful than Saral)? The Zen Saral has the Bafang 500W geared hub motor. What price are you planning for the Shakti(US & CDN dollars)?

Last edited:
Don't know if I said this before but I'd strongly consider using Continental Urban Contact tires, 27.5*62s, if and when they become available. They are $25 or so each at German retail prices.

Marathon Efficiency is also good but prob more expensive ($40 at German retail) and a bit heavier.

Both are much faster rolling and lighter than the Motos. Easy way to take 1-2 lbs off the bike weight.

Back