Zen Shakti - pictures

Thanks for this comment. This would be a good place to clarify some doubts so other readers may benefit.
The rear rack is rated for 60lbs of cargo. So, 30lbs on each side is no problem.
The rear rack is independent of the fender. As you can see in the image below, the supporting arm runs below the fender for a very clean look, while maintaining strength.
View attachment 113281

The charge port is not removable. It is a rubber flap that covers the charge port so that rain/dirt doesn't get inside.

Regarding the seatpost collar:
If customers are inclined, we could offer an ABUS or HEXLOX as an upgrade for front wheels, seatpost collar, etc.
This is a personal choice just like the saddle.

As I mentioned in my previous post, we designed a custom steel dropout that acts as a Torque arm on both sides.
It is not a typical bicycle dropout. It is a steel dropout that helps secure the thru-axle motor.

The forum readers are very smart. They can discern helpful comments from troll's comments, comments done out of spite, envy disguised as praise, etc.
We are here to support the E-bike community with high-quality products and they see that. We are fortunate to work with our customers and build a great product.
If we can help you in anyway, please let us know. That is what this community is all about.
The ol’ supporting arm under the fender…… the oldest move in the book.😁

1st I am very supportive of Ravi, knew him before when we rode a little together on Stromers , I will be purchasing at least 1 of these bikes as soon as available. That being said I do not like the design of the the under/in fender support. It appears to be what was on the Stromers . I had issues with my racks on all my Stromers , at least 4 of them. The screw into the fender area could only be tighten after removing the rear wheel. On my wife’s, ST2s the screw sheared off, fender and rack dropped to the wheel spun back locked the rear tire in place and both rack and fender were trashed , luckily i was coming to a stop when it happened only waited an hour for my wife to pick me up

if on this rack I can reach all screws on nuts to tighten then no issue but if not I will be concerned about them coming loose and a repeat. I will have at least 3 batteries on the bike every ride , usually 1 in each bag I assume ,water, tools , fruits …lots of vibrations

I would trade clean look for what appears to be improved mounting if I had a choice

my opinion yours may differ

Aren't the characteristics of these cell fairly well understood? Did you learn anything new from the testing that changed your opinion of what cells to use? Nice marketing video, but I'd find it more interesting to hear you picked X because of...

You’re beginning to make me irritated with my shabby Trek

Well, I am sure Trek has an excellent frame design and engineering department. So, we have a lot to learn from them.

Aren't the characteristics of these cell fairly well understood? Did you learn anything new from the testing that changed your opinion of what cells to use? Nice marketing video, but I'd find it more interesting to hear you picked X because of...

Only capacity vs voltage curves are understood but how they behave at different drive cycle conditions (temperature, C/rate, calendar aging, impedance growth) is not something many E-bike companies do.
We kept the video fairly generic but I have 20 pages of test reports with a lot of details. We have invested a lot of money and effort into these tests and until we see our ROI, it would not be prudent to disclose them.
We have found some surprising results, especially in our cold temperatures testings. Below, you will see data up to 85 cycles but we do have data up to 500 cycles.
I am happy to help the community if they need some testing on a particular cell or offer relevant information that would help prolong the life of their battery pack.

1644721275283.png

I'm not suggesting you should disclose anything that would put you at a competitive disadvantage. If you have opted to use a given cell and plan to keep the information proprietary, is it going to be that hard for anyone to figure out simply by opening the battery pack? The Shakti looks to me to be a winner all around, with battery pack just icing on the cake, especially with a 3 year warranty. Doubt you will have many competitors looking to offer the equivalent in the same price range, not sure.

I'm not suggesting you should disclose anything that would put you at a competitive disadvantage. If you have opted to use a given cell and plan to keep the information proprietary, is it going to be that hard for anyone to figure out simply by opening the battery pack? The Shakti looks to me to be a winner all around, with battery pack just icing on the cake, especially with a 3 year warranty. Doubt you will have many competitors looking to offer the equivalent in the same price range, not sure.

Thanks for the kind words. We are working with cell suppliers to customize the cell for us. Our investors are purchasing Giga watt-hours of cells and it is because of that, we could leverage some supply in this very challenging supply chain.
So, I don't think competitors would be able to simply do a tear down the pack and know what we have done.
Our ultimate goal is to build a battery pack that can be guaranteed for 5 years or more.

When you say 3 year warranty, what is meant by that? What are the exclusions? Does it include the electrical system and motor? What percentage battery do you guarantee after 500 cycles?

Well, I am sure Trek has an excellent frame design and engineering department. So, we have a lot to learn from them.

Only capacity vs voltage curves are understood but how they behave at different drive cycle conditions (temperature, C/rate, calendar aging, impedance growth) is not something many E-bike companies do.
We kept the video fairly generic but I have 20 pages of test reports with a lot of details. We have invested a lot of money and effort into these tests and until we see our ROI, it would not be prudent to disclose them.
We have found some surprising results, especially in our cold temperatures testings. Below, you will see data up to 85 cycles but we do have data up to 500 cycles.
I am happy to help the community if they need some testing on a particular cell or offer relevant information that would help prolong the life of their battery pack.

View attachment 114162
Thanks for sharing the research and video! One of the reasons I bought my ebike was to dip my toe in the water of electric transit and batteries ($2k much cheaper way to learn than $50k Tesla). I’m getting a lot more comfortable with batteries and get a lot of peace of mind knowing so much research is going into it and a warranty based on that research. My wife is getting her first ebike in a couple weeks and we both agree we are probably 10 years off from getting a Tesla (mainly because we drive so little that the economics just don’t work for us yet).

When you say 3 year warranty, what is meant by that? What are the exclusions? Does it include the electrical system and motor? What percentage battery do you guarantee after 500 cycles?

Motor, controller, and battery are included in the 3-year warranty.
The battery warranty is 750 cycles or 3 years whichever comes first and at the end of it, the pack will have at least 75% capacity left.
Our tests indicate that the pack should last more than that. We have not introduced our long-life cells yet. That will make a big difference.

Thanks for sharing the research and video! One of the reasons I bought my ebike was to dip my toe in the water of electric transit and batteries ($2k much cheaper way to learn than $50k Tesla). I’m getting a lot more comfortable with batteries and get a lot of peace of mind knowing so much research is going into it and a warranty based on that research. My wife is getting her first ebike in a couple weeks and we both agree we are probably 10 years off from getting a Tesla (mainly because we drive so little that the economics just don’t work for us yet).

Thank you very much. Makes total sense. E-bikes open up a lot of opportunity and offers a glimpse into what is possible.
We are working on building a useful mobile app so the end users can track a lot of the information related to battery and drive system.
I have seen a lot of E-bike companies trying to launch too soon with untested mobile apps. So, we are going to test this throughly before it reaches the rider's hands.
We will be making further improvements to the BMS and bluetooth connectivity and I hope discerning riders like yourself would be able to find value in this.

1644774849771.png

Checking on when step thru will be available?
and, hopefully available in all sizes. Stromer only made comfort frames in medium, then shortened medium frame for st3 by 33mm. Too small for me.
and, will customer be able to order with fox forks, magura brakes, etc?

Checking on when step thru will be available?
and, hopefully available in all sizes. Stromer only made comfort frames in medium, then shortened medium frame for st3 by 33mm. Too small for me.
and, will customer be able to order with fox forks, magura brakes, etc?

Shakti step-thru will be arriving here in January 2023 in substantial numbers. This will be a very capable step-thru bike with 'throttle' all the way to 20 mph and PAS up to 28 mph.
We are getting ready for the Shakti pre-order process. Thanks for your support, Barry.

1648161206237.png

and PAS up to 28 mph.

That is too slow and as a consequence very dangerous for the US busy roads or even less busy. Anybody who disagrees with this fact it's a complete newbie when it comes to safely riding an ebike in the US traffic ! Sorry for being so direct but if you care about your safety you would def. consider this fact.

Make it go to 33-38mph OFF Road and we will take Responsibility. The battery is big enough to sustain that speed, Controller is great , this can be a very , very good seller with a higher top speed.

@Ravi Kempaiah, when I go to your website and click on the 'preorder' button the page just reloads to itself. It doesn't link to a specific preorder page.
Also, this page states that the price starts at $2300 US. Does using the word 'starts' mean that there will be upgradeable options?
Finally, when do you plan on shipping this bike to customers?
Thanks
Ron

Last edited:
@Ravi Kempaiah, when I go to your website and click on the 'reorder' button the page just reloads to itself. It doesn't link to a specific preorder page.
Also, this page states that the price starts at $2300 US. Does using the word 'starts' mean that there will be upgradeable options?
Finally, when do you plan on shipping this bike to customers?
Thanks
Ron

Thanks for this inquiry.
We are focusing all our energy on getting the Bosch bikes into production as we have many people waiting on that.
Re: question about the bike cost, yes, we are looking at two-tiered pricing just like the Bosch bikes. The upgrade options would involve the dual battery, etc.
As soon as they go on pre-order, we will announce it here for all interested folks.

Back