Zen Photon - [1000Wh] battery, [500W/120Nm] Torque-sensing motor w/ Throttle, USD 3799 [Pictures and Specifications]

Haha I'm

Thanks for the quick reply, Ravi.
I am in the market for an ebike to replace my car. I was looking at a couple of cargo bikes (Dost Crate and Vvolt PIE). I wasn't sure if I needed an all out cargo bike.
I found your company through these forums. The Photon may just be the right bike for me; mid motor, belt drive, and some cargo capacity.
Replacing your car with an E-bike is a great idea. Reminds me of this article:

We are right here in Halifax, Canada, and we designed the bike to perform in Canadian conditions. We have associates in Toronto and Vancouver that can assist you as well.
Our local dealer may have 1 or 2 units of 17" frame left. Where are you based?

Replacing your car with an E-bike is a great idea. Reminds me of this article:

We are right here in Halifax, Canada, and we designed the bike to perform in Canadian conditions. We have associates in Toronto and Vancouver that can assist you as well.
Our local dealer may have 1 or 2 units of 17" frame left. Where are you based?
I'm in Winnipeg. I'm not sure I've seen you guys here. I'm 5'10", I can just place an order for the 19" version once I've decided... Unless you guys also have a cargo ebike with mid motor/belt drive/large battery that I don't know about haha.

I'm in Winnipeg. I'm not sure I've seen you guys here. I'm 5'10", I can just place an order for the 19" version once I've decided... Unless you guys also have a cargo ebike with mid motor/belt drive/large battery that I don't know about haha.

We have not set up any physical presence in Winnipeg, but we have a few customers there. I am happy to help you if you would like to get the Photon. I will talk to our local dealer, and we may be able to get you one this week.
Don't hesitate to reach out - [email protected]
We are here to support and serve the community.

We have not set up any physical presence in Winnipeg, but we have a few customers there. I am happy to help you if you would like to get the Photon. I will talk to our local dealer, and we may be able to get you one this week.
Don't hesitate to reach out - [email protected]
We are here to support and serve the community.
Thanks Ravi. Once I've decided, I will certainly reach out.

Exciting Update from Zen Ebikes: Photon Series On Track for March 2024 Delivery

Hello EBR Community,

In these turbulent times for the Ebike industry, open communication becomes more crucial than ever. We deeply value the trust you place in us and are committed to maintaining it.

The Photon series launch is right on schedule for March 2024! To keep you all in the loop, we're sharing behind-the-scenes images of the Photon Pro and Pure models in production.

Photon Nomenclature Update:
For our 2024 lineup, we're launching the Photon series, with 4 Ebike models: Photon Mini, Photon Pure, Photon Pro, and Photon Ultra. Our aim is to simplify the naming system, making it easier for customers to understand each model's progression and features, much like what's seen in the mobile industry with brands like Apple and Samsung.

Photon Mini: A compact, folding Ebike with a torque sensor, hydraulic disc brakes, and throttle.
Photon Pure: Powerful hub-drive Ebike with a torque sensor, hydraulic brakes, and quality suspension, with 2 battery options 15Ah and 20Ah (UL certified).
Photon Pro: A super low maintenance Mid-drive Ebike with torque sensor, Gates Carbon belt, and Enviolo HD internal gear hub. It comes with a UL-certified 1040 Wh battery and 4-piston brakes.
Photon Ultra: A premium Ebike with mid-drive Bafang Ultra motor, UL-certified battery, Rohloff 14-speed hub, and Gates belt drive, offering the ultimate in performance and reliability.

Photon Pure & Pro Manufacturing Update:
  • The Photon Pure (hub drive w/ Torque sensor), and the Pro (Zen mid-drive, belt transmission) are both well underway in production..
  • Our frames are manufactured in a facility that also produces frames for premium European brands, ensuring top-notch quality.
  • We've made significant improvements in frame design, including cross-members connecting the down tube to the rear triangle, enhancing torsional rigidity for step-thru frames and integrated rear-rack for extra cargo carrying capability.
  • Check out the image of the frames on the welding jig, ready to be tacked. Then it goes into welding and heat-treatment processes.
Stay tuned for more updates and glimpses into our process. Your support means the world to us, and we're eagerly looking forward to introducing the Photon series to you all.

Best,
Kriti

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2024-01-07 at 15.05.57 (1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2024-01-07 at 15.05.57 (1).jpeg
    299.3 KB · Views: 40
  • WhatsApp Image 2024-01-07 at 15.05.57 (2).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2024-01-07 at 15.05.57 (2).jpeg
    321.5 KB · Views: 39
  • WhatsApp Image 2024-01-07 at 15.05.57.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2024-01-07 at 15.05.57.jpeg
    277.6 KB · Views: 40
Hi Folks!
Just a quick heads-up as we approach the final stretch - the Photon pre-order early bird price is wrapping up. If you've been considering it, now's the moment to decide– prices will increase after 11:59 PM AST tonight.

Back