Zen Photon Pro- Preorder | 1040Wh UL Certified battery | 500W nominal/900W peak power Torque-sensing motor w/ Throttle | USD 2999 | CAD 3999

I'm going to say that the ST(short travel) looks like it's a bit sturdier with the shorter linkages and can handle more weight. It does give up a lot of travel to the LT, but I think almost 4" of travel on a seat post would feel weird if you were pedaling during bumps? If possible see if you can try them both.
Lol on the scars, I stopped counting stiches after 200 and the fine folks at ER knew me by name for awhile. Finally being a bit more careful now that I'm too old to heal well anymore.

I had a Thudbuster on another ebike. I found the SR Suntour SP NCX 12 better because it had less bounce. It's substantially cheaper.

I’m thinking of recommending the suntour to a woman I know but she is only 120lbs. I need to make sure she gets the soft spring. Will be interesting to compare it to the Kinekt on my bike.

My wife’s Aventon came with a thudbuster and she loves it. I wonder if the ST comes with a single elastor or if it comes with several different ones. I weigh in at 198 now so probably need a firmer one. The Zen came with a single very stiff spring and very little flexibility. The Kinekt also looks like a viable solution though a little more expensive.

ST. I don't need that much travel as I'm still young and only have the elbow injury to contend with so far...and I've read that LT has a bit of bounce even at its stiffest, which is the opposite of what I'm looking for.

I have both the Thudbuster ST and LT versions. Which one is best depends on the type of riding you do. I have identical saddles mounted on each post and swapping is very easy. I prefer the LT for some of the rough trails I ride due to the longer travel. The ST works fine for road surfaces and smooth gravel trails.

My only complaint about the Thudbusters is changing elastomers. Selecting the right size is critical for a comfortable ride and swapping them takes time.

Do you have the latest version with the push button release? They make it look pretty easy on the website, but of course they would.

I think the ST is a next riding reason purchase in my case, especially now. I went from the stock seat, to WTB Volt(also a no on this bike), back to Brooks C19 All Weather carved, to the latest change tonight: Brooks C17 All Weather. It's nigh on perfect. Didn't even really notice it was there for the better part of a quick 33km circuit I do. Also rearranged the cockpit to favor this injury - Spurcycle compact bell between handlebar and throttle on the left side. Works really well. Helps hand positions for me with the whole twist shift I'm strugglin' with a bit.

Back