Your experiences with the new Mahle MySmartBike app (replacement for Ebikemotion)

I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary, I think I would have noticed. I'll see next time.
Today I ran the application for the first time for about 50 minutes and everything worked well,
even the cooperation with PulsarOne, when I only shifted on the Pulsar One, everything went very well
and I didn't even touch the bike frame (iWoc ONE). I have a tooth resection, when I'm O.K.,
I'll go through the application on a longer route and if I find out anything, I'll post it here.
Yes also now has auto stop start when you are riding and pauses automatically when you stop

Hi Senna;
The auto stop you mention is about recording the ride? Or what is it ?
Hi yes when recording a ride and you come to a stop it now automatically pauses, and starts recording when you start riding.
which means you get the correct average speed recorded and correct riding time.

Hi yes when recording a ride and you come to a stop it now automatically pauses, and starts recording when you start riding.
which means you get the correct average speed recorded and correct riding time.
Ok. Do you know if for a long stop (coffee stop) the app finish recording as per in previous release or it is solved in this new realease. Regards

Thanks Senna for your clarification. The system auto turn off seems to be programmed into the X35 controller. The app just follows the system.
I stopped for half an hour without recording anything on the application and after half an hour the application continued to record on its own.

New post about the New application.
I updated the app yesterday (Update 14.7.22/Version 1.1.1) and was looking forward to an improvement in the result as the previous results had problems.
Big disappointment, bad result!!
Action: I activate the application and drive. Upon inspection, everything indicates that the application works well with all parameters. After about half an hour, I take a half hour break without turning off the app (I keep it in my back pocket). After half an hour I leave and the application continues to record the route without my intervention. I'm coming home and want to save the route. Now it has come. Instead of SAVE, subsequent screenshots that I recorded gradually appear. Nothing was SAVED, on the contrary, the application froze (on slide no. 6).
I had contact with fy. Mahle and thought it was still with the older version 1.1.0 from 14.6. – that everything will now work normally. A mistake - everything is worse than it was before.
Disappointment again!
So it's a disaster - in the end, I'm afraid that on my next trip, the app won't throw off the steering system of my wheels and I won't be stuck somewhere outside.
In addition to everything, the application instead of 1h. recorded 3:37:5, kilometers are fine, battery should show 59% (also recorded incorrectly in the app).
I am sorry for my bad English.

Attachments

• 1200_big.jpg
    1200_big.jpg
    335 KB · Views: 218
Last edited:
New post about the New application.
I updated the app yesterday (Update 14.7.22/Version 1.1.1) and was looking forward to an improvement in the result as the previous results had problems.
Big disappointment, bad result!!
Action: I activate the application and drive. Upon inspection, everything indicates that the application works well with all parameters. After about half an hour, I take a half hour break without turning off the app (I keep it in my back pocket). After half an hour I leave and the application continues to record the route without my intervention. I'm coming home and want to save the route. Now it has come. Instead of SAVE, subsequent screenshots that I recorded gradually appear. Nothing was SAVED, on the contrary, the application froze (on slide no. 6).
I had contact with fy. Mahle and thought it was still with the older version 1.1.0 from 14.6. – that everything will now work normally. A mistake - everything is worse than it was before.
Disappointment again!
So it's a disaster - in the end, I'm afraid that on my next trip, the app won't throw off the steering system of my wheels and I won't be stuck somewhere outside.
In addition to everything, the application instead of 1h. recorded 3:37:5, kilometers are fine, battery should show 59% (also recorded incorrectly in the app).
I am sorry for my bad English.
Hi Veteran,
My experience is : if you stop for a long period of time ( > 5 minutes), system (not the app) will turn off, so all your data will be lost. App does not stop because it is running in your phone. When you start riding again ( you turn on the system) app is not linked , so only distance will be recorded.
In summary: save your ride just before a long time stop. Start linking app ( complete procedure) once you turn on the system to continue your ride.

Hi Veteran,
My experience is : if you stop for a long period of time ( > 5 minutes), system (not the app) will turn off, so all your data will be lost. App does not stop because it is running in your phone. When you start riding again ( you turn on the system) app is not linked , so only distance will be recorded.
In summary: save your ride just before a long time stop. Start linking app ( complete procedure) once you turn on the system to continue your ride.
I have the Maps application (tracker) and I can stop there for as long
as I want and it continues to record everything after moving.
I don't get it, this app keeps having some imperfections

New: All this appeared after turning on the application in several situations at the start of the ride.
I couldn't even find a PDF guide for the new version of the application anywhere to get my bearings:rolleyes::oops:.
In addition, the diode on my bike was flashing purple, and at the same time there were sounds from the SW bike.
I'm going to try the app one more time and as it keeps happening I'll end the app.
Thank God - that the bike runs and the SW of the bike is not destroyed.
I am sending the whole file to Fy.Mahle, if he answers me, I will put the answers here in the forum.

Attachments

• Many questions.jpg
    Many questions.jpg
    293.3 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:
Does the application now keep the odometer ? I had to add a budget speed/distance calculator (from decathlon it uses a hub sensor so it is wireless and cost like 19 euros) to get the total distance. Mahle cumulative distance keeps reseting and the application forget the bike here and there for no known reason.

Also the total distance traveled does not seems to be kep by the controller (this is hilarious) and the distance traveled is not recorded unless the phone app is on and connected,

This is very poor engineering, the controler knows everything (since it shut at 25kmh) so storing the distance is absolutely trivial ifor a serious team.

As a result i can only estimate the distance i covered.

I truly hope that Orbea, Lapierre and others will ditch Mahle out and use other light motors.

Hello friends,
I want to share with you something that happened to me today with the X35 Mahle system. About 30 minutes after starting a normal ride on my Orbea D50, I notice that the iWOC button starts flashing purple and the assistance stops working. In the MySmartBike app I got a message that I need to take my bike to a dealer for a firmware update.
My eBike stopped working because Mahle tells me to update the firmware? This does not make any sense and seems to me to be an attack on the user.
Have you had a similar experience?
I will appreciate any comment.
Thank you

Hello friends,
I want to share with you something that happened to me today with the X35 Mahle system. About 30 minutes after starting a normal ride on my Orbea D50, I notice that the iWOC button starts flashing purple and the assistance stops working. In the MySmartBike app I got a message that I need to take my bike to a dealer for a firmware update.
My eBike stopped working because Mahle tells me to update the firmware? This does not make any sense and seems to me to be an attack on the user.
Thank you
do you have a battery extender? if yes you have to update the firmware.

do you have a battery extender? if yes you have to update the firmware.
Thanks r1roman,
Extender or not, the bike keeps blocked. Do you know why firmware upgrade is needed if extender is used? Have you updated your firmware? Thanks again for your inputs.

Hello friends,
Thank you
I got a similar problem after charging my battery, actually i did not check that the engine would or not switch on.
I just contacted Orbea customer service, told then the error code (the bike was too flashing purple, and the main button of the app was purple too).

They took care of it, i carried the bike to my local retailler where they partially unmounted the bike, then it was served in some Orbéa workshop.
According to the invoice they just updated the firmware.

Orbea paid for everything, so i m quite satisfied of their service.

Only minor issue is that bike was gone for something 2-3 weeks.

Hello friends,
Thank you for all the contributions received from you. I want to tell you that today I spent the whole day knocking on doors: dealer in the USA, Orbea support center, Mahle support center in Germany. All have given their response immediately (thanks to all of them) but nothing concrete.
The error that was being reported in my MyMartBike app is error #193 (see image), so I decided to start a document search about error #193 and found that it is due to "excessive tension in one of the cells" (see pdf).
I proceeded to discharge the system battery a little and when it reached 98%, the problem was solved.
To discharge the battery I used lights and it was enough. Hope this experience will be usuful to you just in case.
Antonio

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220721-143407_My SmartBike.jpg
    Screenshot_20220721-143407_My SmartBike.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 146
  • #193-ebikemotion-X35-error.pdf
    555.9 KB · Views: 227
  • 20220721_181400.jpg
    20220721_181400.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 161
  • 20220721_181344.jpg
    20220721_181344.jpg
    232.6 KB · Views: 148
Hello friends,
Thank you for all the contributions received from you. I want to tell you that today I spent the whole day knocking on doors: dealer in the USA, Orbea support center, Mahle support center in Germany. All have given their response immediately (thanks to all of them) but nothing concrete.
The error that was being reported in my MyMartBike app is error #193 (see image), so I decided to start a document search about error #193 and found that it is due to "excessive tension in one of the cells" (see pdf).
I proceeded to discharge the system battery a little and when it reached 98%, the problem was solved.
To discharge the battery I used lights and it was enough. Hope this experience will be usuful to you just in case.
Antonio
I had the same problem but they still wanted to upgrade the firmware. Since then i never got an overload error on the bike (iwoc flashing purple) but the Mahle application still generate some error if i fully recharge the battery. So i try to stop charging at 98%, looking on the web i found also that it is better not to charge a battery at 100%.

My S/N number is :
454 D0 10201 78D2 0092A3.
firware for the joystick version is :
iM2EM126

for the controller is is 4107.

Hello friends,
Antonio
The correct firmware compatible with all devices, Pulsar One and Battery Extender is 48, iM2EM 121 this is compatible with Pulsar One and iM2EM126 is compatible with Battery Extender, it must be updated in this order.

Yesterday, 25.7. updated the Fy.Mahle application, so I'm curious if there has been an improvement.
If the "My Smartbike" app worked well, it would be a very good, I would say excellent app. Where you can find an app - that will not only show % climbs.

Attachments

• ebr-forum.jpg
    ebr-forum.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 121
Yesterday, 25.7. updated the Fy.Mahle application, so I'm curious if there has been an improvement.
If the "My Smartbike" app worked well, it would be a very good, I would say excellent app. Where you can find an app - that will not only show % climbs.
Thanks for reporting the update.

The application is still rated at 1.6, knowing that 1 is the minimum mark. The comments (for whatever reason i only get the comments in french) are quite similar to the ones given in the forum. 99% of the people prefered the ebikemotion application and almost everyone report major bugs and lack of functionalities.

Mahle has all the feedback needed.

Note that quite many people report the application causing the bike to become disabled, my bike never got disabled but after an error code Orbeá asked firmware + some information and decided to serve the bike in one of their workshop. I don't know if it is related to the application.

Mahle state that the update fix some minor bugs, so i do not expect much.

You can send feed back at :

[email protected]
but as i wrote previously they got plenty already.

Back