Your experiences with the new Mahle MySmartBike app (replacement for Ebikemotion)

that resistance that you observe is natural when it cuts at 25km/h, you notice the weight of the bike that you have to move more, that the new engine does not eliminate because it also cuts at 25km/h
For the old type yes, but for the new one they write on the page: see photo attachment. Check out the new X20 page.

Attachments

• drag.jpg
    drag.jpg
    191.3 KB · Views: 186
Greetings.
Probably the last question about the My Smart Bike application:
how does the "notification" setting work - nothing has been announced for me yet - never audibly announced.

Attachments

• Alerts.jpg
    Alerts.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 125
Wow. I'm sure I'm missing something here but this new My Smartbike app. is absolutely wretched. The old Orbea app. was certainly not perfect, but it at least provided lots of information. The only good thing about this app. is that I'm no longer using it, so there's no need to have a phone mounted on my handlebar.
I have the same opinion.

The previous application at least displayed the level of assistance and it started immediatly.

The new one does not show the assistance level, and when i want to start a trip i get a pop up saying that it want a GPS signal, so i have to click again (ok do it) , usually it fails to get the GPS signal in time (since i m usually coming out from my house and so the gps signal is not ready). So after 2mn the ride has not been started and i must try to launch it again, then it usually succeed (of course i have to clikc twice). The trip monitoring should start with or without a gps signal, all it shoudl is to try to get a gps signal from time to time.

Next the app cannot be used as an odometer since the distance traveled reset to zero for various reasons. Indeed i m really surprised that this value is not stored in the engine controller since the controller has all the information needed. So i ended up installing a decathlon speed monitor ( a wireless ant/bt one with a sensor to be attach to the wheel hub, it cost 20 euros with a need display with garmin compatible attachment).

Moreover the application may have broken my ebike firmware or status, i got an error 193 after using it, but i m not sure that this the application fault. Anyway the bike had to be fixed by Orbea. Now i m afraid of the application.

The only positive feature is that you may be able to tune the "motormaps"but due to the error i got i prefer not to tune anything.

The only reason i have to use it is when i want to see the exact charge left in the battery.

I don't understand Mahle/ebikemotion strategy there, releasing an application monitoring the bike (this is waht we all need) should be easy. Extra feature (fitness, trip monitoring, connection to socil media) are features that could be deliver later.

Questions:
The application started to make me angry and he doesn't want to start before leaving for the trip.
I'm attaching pictures of the procedure and START can't be created - everything goes round and round.
Do you have no idea where the mistake is?
I also have a question if I delete the application and reinstall it on my mobile phone, whether I will not lose the information
that was there before - or at least whether the records will remain on the PC.

Attachments

• MOBIL2.jpg
    MOBIL2.jpg
    242.2 KB · Views: 146
May be the lack of valid gps signal, anyway the application has very low marks on google store. In any case it gives a very bad image to Mahle.
Despite the good job of Orbea and another bike provider i would suggest to avoid the X35 and ti try to get a fazia or to go for an heavy motor. Honestly i won't consider any bike equiped with a Mahle motor.

May be the lack of valid gps signal, anyway the application has very low marks on google store. In any case it gives a very bad image to Mahle.
Despite the good job of Orbea and another bike provider i would suggest to avoid the X35 and ti try to get a fazia or to go for an heavy motor. Honestly i won't consider any bike equiped with a Mahle motor.
Agree with that MySmartBike app is not good and friendly as others, but X35 system is by far the best rear hub ecosystem today. I have more than 3000km using it and no problems at all. Just avoid the app and use a standard device like Hammerhead Karoo or Garmin .

You're right
The Mahle engine has advantages over other types, but this is for further discussion.
I bought the bike mainly due to its low weight 12 kg, perfect Italian design and also an affordable price model,
because of the ascent to the hills + where the slope parameters in% are then displayed in the application.
The MYSMARTBIKE application is one imperfection and I'm surprised they could have released it this way.
I use a Polar watch and everything is activated with one click and I have almost the same parameters and without a single problem.
In addition, the application does not work well with PulsarOne and this is another imperfection from Mahle.
I'm curious what reactions will appear on the new X20 model engine.

You're right
The Mahle engine has advantages over other types, but this is for further discussion.
I bought the bike mainly due to its low weight 12 kg, perfect Italian design and also an affordable price model,
because of the ascent to the hills + where the slope parameters in% are then displayed in the application.
The MYSMARTBIKE application is one imperfection and I'm surprised they could have released it this way.
I use a Polar watch and everything is activated with one click and I have almost the same parameters and without a single problem.
In addition, the application does not work well with PulsarOne and this is another imperfection from Mahle.
I'm curious what reactions will appear on the new X20 model engine.
Veteran, have you felt the drag in the rear hub when you are not using assistance? I would like to see if the new X20 system eliminate it. My ideal rear hub motor must be running as free as a standard no motor hub. I do not know if it possible.

Last edited:
Veteran, have you felt the drag in the rear hub when you are not using assistance? I would like to see if the new X20 system eliminate it. My ideal rear hub motor must be running as free as a standard no motor hub. I do not know if it possible.
I don have much drag on general courses, but when it get steep the engine seems to slip against the gears. Also when a steep slope end the engine seems to rattle and have issue when switching to a lower torque.

My main issue is really the phone app, not really because i need it, but because it shows that Mahle does not care about its customers.

Engine:
Sometimes when I exceeded the assistance of 25 km / h, I felt resistance in the rear hub, and when I to exceed the speed of 30 km / h, the magnets in the rear hub came loose. However, it is different, sometimes yes and sometimes no. Apparently it also depends on the speed of rotation of the pinions of the converter. I chose my driving method to deal with it. I often drive "0" and I only use the help to climb. It is said that their bike does not show this problem to my friends and I have not had the opportunity to try it yet.
Application:
If I drove without an application, I switched the help via PulsarOne. Once I turned on the app, this option disappeared and I had to shift to the bike frame via iVoc One. After some time, I came to the conclusion that the application broke my switching via PulsarOne, and today PulsarOne itself works poorly. Sometimes yes sometimes no.
I have a bike for a year and I connected with Fy.Mahle (I sent all the parameters of the device), where they recommended me to update the firmware at the dealer - I still have MY20. Fy. Mahle highlights various new improvements to the new X20 engine, but that's all marketing bullshit and I'll wait for the opinions of the new owners of this engine, but as I write - some of us don't have this problem.
I'm far from the seller, so I'll deal with it at the end of the holidays and let me know how it turned out.
I have driven 9,000 km on Bianchi Aria and overall I am satisfied with the bike. I haven't had another problem yet.

Attachments

• UPGRADE MOTORU BATERIE 2022.png
    UPGRADE MOTORU BATERIE 2022.png
    284.1 KB · Views: 193
  • Magnetic ring.jpg
    Magnetic ring.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 193
Last edited:
There's no doubt the app is something Mahle should pay more attention to. In general all X35 users are not satisfied with it. I don't understand how they are going to launch a new X20 system and not improve the app. I used the app for about 2000Km with the purpose of collecting data on consumption, time, slope... with the purpose of developing a methodology for the optimal personalized adjustment of assistance levels ( https://electricbikereview.com/forums/threads/orbea-gain-d50-user-learning-and-experiences.47099/ ), after that I do not use the app anymore.
My bike is a ORBEA Gain 50 that came with a Orbea device/display ( similar to PulsarOne) and this divece works perfectly. Why not tray with it insted of PulsarOne.

There's no doubt the app is something Mahle should pay more attention to. In general all X35 users are not satisfied with it. I don't understand how they are going to launch a new X20 system and not improve the app. I used the app for about 2000Km with the purpose of collecting data on consumption, time, slope... with the purpose of developing a methodology for the optimal personalized adjustment of assistance levels ( https://electricbikereview.com/forums/threads/orbea-gain-d50-user-learning-and-experiences.47099/ ), after that I do not use the app anymore.
My bike is a ORBEA Gain 50 that came with a Orbea device/display ( similar to PulsarOne) and this divece works perfectly. Why not tray with it insted of PulsarOne.
HTML clipboard
I read your calculations to set the% assistance and these are interesting findings.
I do not solve this matter and I have everything set to 100% and I only solve help 1 or 2 or 3.
When I go uphill help 3, I go up the climb faster and thus the battery discharges for a shorter time and I switch up or down depending on the difficulty of the terrain.
On the PulsarOne display I can also see how much the hill will take from the battery. On the plane, I usually drive over 30 km/h, so the battery doesn't take anything,
and due to my age, I drive very often and briskly for only 2-3 hours, up to 80 kilometers, so I don't deal with the battery.
Of course, I drove over 100 km here and saved the battery to the maximum according to the experience from previous rides,
and after reaching home, 18% remained, and I climbed the hills 2000 m.

Last edited:
d I connected with Fy.Mahle (I sent all the parameters of the device), where they recommended me to update the firmware at the dealer - I still have MY20. Fy. Mahle highlights various new improvements to the new X20 engine, but that's all marketing bullshit and I'll wait

Is that the name (FY.Mahle) of the "professional app ?"do you have an USB -> whaterver be the name of the Bike main connector ?
Just let me know if so, i could buy such a connectro and check the bike status.

I still get a cell overload message whenever i charge the battery to full, so i just try to fill it to 90%.

Is that the name (FY.Mahle) of the "professional app ?"do you have an USB -> whaterver be the name of the Bike main connector ?
Just let me know if so, i could buy such a connectro and check the bike status.

I still get a cell overload message whenever i charge the battery to full, so i just try to fill it to 90%.
I have a bike under warranty, so I will deal with everything with the seller.

Attachments

• Letter od fy.mahle.jpg
    Letter od fy.mahle.jpg
    331.8 KB · Views: 140
  • UPGRADE MOTORU BATERIE 2022.jpg
    UPGRADE MOTORU BATERIE 2022.jpg
    494.4 KB · Views: 160
Has anyone trie to put some tape or may be some thin glue or material that would stop magnetic filed over some of the magnet ? Assume that we block 20% of the magnets the sensor will get 0.8 the actual speed which would allow to reach 30-32 km/h.

A reversible solution (tape?) would be safer.

I assume that all the magnets are the same, if the system if able to identify a main magnet we are screwed since it can then detect that a magnet is missing.

Has anyone trie to put some tape or may be some thin glue or material that would stop magnetic filed over some of the magnet ? Assume that we block 20% of the magnets the sensor will get 0.8 the actual speed which would allow to reach 30-32 km/h.

A reversible solution (tape?) would be safer.

I assume that all the magnets are the same, if the system if able to identify a main magnet we are screwed since it can then detect that a magnet is missing.
My understanding is that magnets sensors are used by the system to calculate the cadence and adjust the motor torque. If you check carefuly, the sensors ring in part of the casstte, so it only rotates if you move the pedals (cadence).

To the "My Smartbike" app.:
Today, I managed to get all the functions working in the new application to my great satisfaction. 👍.
It also works well with PuplsarOne.
After connecting the bike's electric system and the pulse, I personally no longer see "1+2+3 Start" when STARTING,
but the application starts immediately. I have to admit that I also communicated with Fy. "MAHLE Smartbike Systems"
and I believe that they have worked on the system and I assume that they will continue in the future to the satisfaction of customers.
I have to admit that I'm mainly interested in the % climb, I mainly ride hills and I'm not interested in flats,
but in the end also other parameters that are displayed on the Dashboard.
Excuse my bad english

Today, I managed to get all the functions working in the new application to my great satisfaction. 👍.
After connecting the bike's electric system and the pulse, I personally no longer see "1+2+3 Start" when STARTING,
but the application starts immediately. I have to admit that I also communicated with Fy. "MAHLE Smartbike Systems"
and I believe that they have worked on the system and I assume that they will continue in the future to the satisfaction of customers.
I have to admit that I'm mainly interested in the % climb, I mainly ride hills and I'm not interested in flats,
Excuse my bad english
Hi yes it seems much improved and finds GPS straight away hope they keep working on it.

Excuse my bad english
Hi Veteran,
Yes the new app release works better. But, recently noted during riding that the assistance level in use (no matter what level ) is returned to L0 automaticaly if I stop pedaling. Have you noticed that?

I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary, I think I would have noticed. I'll see next time.
Today I ran the application for the first time for about 50 minutes and everything worked well,
even the cooperation with PulsarOne, when I only shifted on the Pulsar One, everything went very well
and I didn't even touch the bike frame (iWoc ONE). I have a tooth resection, when I'm O.K.,
I'll go through the application on a longer route and if I find out anything, I'll post it here.
It is a new knowledge that the app needs to be updated.

Last edited:
Back