Your experiences with the new Mahle MySmartBike app (replacement for Ebikemotion)

This application was probably put together by first-year IT students.
I respond to the above instructions.
Why solve No.4) + No.5) + No.6)?
Just No. 3) = go through Ebike with the application - I sit on the bike and go.
When I got back from the ride, every time! there was always something missing in the evaluation of the ride.
I do not understand the complexity of the solution.
Today's problem. After 1.5 hours of driving, I went to the store to buy a snack and only the second half of the driving
was recorded, the first 1.5 hours are not recorded - it disappeared. I also ride with a Polar watch, where everything
(the first and second half of the ride) is recorded. Why not take an example from this watch (first activation and final activation).
In addition - the application itself changes the levels of assist PulsarOne.
I don't understand the complexity of the MY SMARTBIKE solution - constantly activating something, constantly making sure that everything is recorded.
I'll write Fy. Mahle.

Attachments

• Pauza.jpg
    Pauza.jpg
    341.5 KB · Views: 151
Last edited:
Today's problem. After 1.5 hours of driving, I went to the store to buy a snack and only the second half of the driving
was recorded, the first 1.5 hours are not recorded - it disappeared. I also ride with a Polar watch, where everything
(the first and second half of the ride) is recorded. Why not take an example from this watch (first activation and final activation).
In addition - the application itself changes the levels of assist PulsarOne.
I don't understand the complexity of the MY SMARTBIKE solution - constantly activating something, constantly making sure that everything is recorded.
I'll write Fy. Mahle.
The application is unreliable.
Again, a significant part of the results is missing from today's drive after arriving home.
I'm not going to check if the app records everything while driving.

Attachments

• 13.4.jpg
    13.4.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 149
The application is unreliable.
Again, a significant part of the results is missing from today's drive after arriving home.
I'm not going to check if the app records everything while driving.
Hi Veteran,
Let me understand your settings. First, I want to know if you are using a display device ( somenthing like the attached). What do you use to change assistance level ?

Attachments

• Orbea OC Diplay.png
    Orbea OC Diplay.png
    87.9 KB · Views: 150
Hi Veteran,
Let me understand your settings. First, I want to know if you are using a display device ( somenthing like the attached). What do you use to change assistance level ?
I use PulsarOne to change speeds.
I use an Android phone.
1) I turn on the Inner system on E Bike + PulsarOne
2) I logged in to Mahle
3) I will connect Ebike with the Mahle app by pressing the upper red circle in the app
4) After connecting (the circle is now green), start the application by pressing the bottom circle.
5) As soon as the application is launched, I will connect the Polar heart rate sensor in the second window of the page.
6) I press the circle at the bottom again as soon as it finds GPS signals = 1 + 2 + 3 Start
... and I put my phone in my pocket. When you return home SAVE DRIVING.

Attachments

• mahle-pulsar-one.jpg
    mahle-pulsar-one.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 131
I use PulsarOne to change speeds.
I use an Android phone.
1) I turn on the Inner system on E Bike + PulsarOne
2) I logged in to Mahle
3) I will connect Ebike with the Mahle app by pressing the upper red circle in the app
4) After connecting (the circle is now green), start the application by pressing the bottom circle.
5) As soon as the application is launched, I will connect the Polar heart rate sensor in the second window of the page.
6) I press the circle at the bottom again as soon as it finds GPS signals = 1 + 2 + 3 Start
... and I put my phone in my pocket. When you return home SAVE DRIVING.
Hi Veteran, I follow same with 2 additional steps:
_ close any app running in the phone
_turn off screen before putting phone at pocket

Hi Veteran, I follow same with 2 additional steps:
_ close any app running in the phone
_turn off screen before putting phone at pocket
Today the whole ride was recorded in the program.
I activated the application and had the inner power drive constantly on (I often drove to No.0). I have the application in my back pocket and switching the degrees of assistance via PulsarOne still didn't work, so I had to set the degrees of assistance on the bike frame via Iwoc One and then the speeds were shown on PulsarOne. I still have to try everything, I want constantly set the speeds via PulsarOne and not on the bike frame, that doesn't suit me and I want to use drive settings no.0. If I find out that it doesn't affect the driving record, I'll let you know.

Attachments

• Dnes bez problému.jpg
    Dnes bez problému.jpg
    169.3 KB · Views: 149
Today the whole ride was recorded in the program.
I activated the application and had the inner power drive constantly on (I often drove to No.0). I have the application in my back pocket and switching the degrees of assistance via PulsarOne still didn't work, so I had to set the degrees of assistance on the bike frame via Iwoc One and then the speeds were shown on PulsarOne. I still have to try everything, I want constantly set the speeds via PulsarOne and not on the bike frame, that doesn't suit me and I want to use drive settings no.0. If I find out that it doesn't affect the driving record, I'll let you know.
Veteran,
Nice to see you recorded a complete ride. I came to the conclusion that once the application is running and I have put the phone in my pocket, I should not touch it at all until the end of the tour.
I use small Orbea( like PulsarOne) device for Level assistances switching, I never use the button on the frame of the bicycle, nor the phone. In conclusion, once the application is running in the phone, it should not be disturbed in any way.

Veteran,
Nice to see you recorded a complete ride. I came to the conclusion that once the application is running and I have put the phone in my pocket, I should not touch it at all until the end of the tour.
I use small Orbea( like PulsarOne) device for Level assistances switching, I never use the button on the frame of the bicycle, nor the phone. In conclusion, once the application is running in the phone, it should not be disturbed in any way.

I still struggle with the need to change the assistance on the bike frame. PulsarOne cannot be the default,
it is still affected by the application that takes precedence. If I turn off IWOC ONE on the frame while driving,
I have to SAVE the previous ride, otherwise it will be deleted from the program - and if I go further, a new START 1 + 2 + 3 must be set again ....
Also, I can't figure out what it means to turn AUTOMATIC MODE on or off? (in the attached picture).
Besides, I can't find the new MY SMARTBIKE in the PDF edition (instructions) anywhere, just the old system everywhere.
Also, I can't figure out what it means to turn AUTOMATIC MODE on or off? (in the attached picture).

Attachments

• Auto mode.jpg
    Auto mode.jpg
    233.4 KB · Views: 178
Last edited:
I still struggle with the need to change the assistance on the bike frame. PulsarOne cannot be the default,
it is still affected by the application that takes precedence. If I turn off IWOC ONE on the frame while driving,
I have to SAVE the previous ride, otherwise it will be deleted from the program - and if I go further, a new START 1 + 2 + 3 must be set again ....
Besides, I can't find the new MY SMARTBIKE in the PDF edition (instructions) anywhere, just the old system everywhere.
Automatic mode is to enable Level Assistance switch base on Heart Rate. Avoid that, turn it off . Many problems reported when is ON

Automatic mode is to enable Level Assistance switch base on Heart Rate. Avoid that, turn it off . Many problems reported when is ON
Thank you for the reliable information.
Today I have progressed again with deciphering the possibilities and I start to like the application.
If I solve the speed of entering over PulsarOne and I didn't have to reach for the frame iWoc One, I will be very satisfied.

Thank you for the reliable information.
Today I have progressed again with deciphering the possibilities and I start to like the application.
If I solve the speed of entering over PulsarOne and I didn't have to reach for the frame iWoc One, I will be very satisfied.
Great!! I have more than 50 ride without app problems. I like the app and the data I get at the end of my rides.

Great!! I have more than 50 ride without app problems. I like the app and the data I get at the end of my rides.
Interesting: Today I didn't have a heart pulsometer on and I could shift up and down on the PulsarOne and didn't have to frame.
Do you have a pulsometer monitor on while driving?

Attachments

• 17.4..jpg
    17.4..jpg
    198.7 KB · Views: 144
Check if your HR sensor is paired using Ant+ or BT. There should be a link conflict..
As far as I understand PulsarOne is linked to internal Mahle controler using Ant+LEV protocol. Your HR monitor ( pulsometer) or any other sensor must be paired to PulsarOne device in order to add sensors data with controler data and send it to your Android phone. So check that your pulsometer is correctly paired to your PulasrOne.
I use Garmin or Wahoo HR sensor as well as Garmin cadence sensor and Garmin power meter pedal, all them paired to Orbea Display( like you PulsarOne). No problem at all.

Last edited:
I have the same problem as Veteran, my display does not always work for changing the assist level. There is another Orbea thread on computer/bicycle sychronization that says the problem may be the Iwoc One firmware needs an upgrade. You can check your firmware on Mahle's website. Attached is the info on firmware from wilier's website. My firmware is iM1EM119 so that may be the problem, but the local Orbea dealer had no idea what I was talking about when I went in today, so I'll need to try again with the manager.

I also have problems getting the Mahle app to work when I connect with a HR monitor, so I'll try the suggestions here. The manual for my display says a HR monitor connects via ANT+ and it connects to the phone app via Bluetooth, so there are two separate connections. I have the older display, not the Pulsar One, and it's never worked with the heart monitor.

Attachments

• Firmware for display.pdf
    941.5 KB · Views: 253
I have the same problem as Veteran, my display does not always work for changing the assist level. There is another Orbea thread on computer/bicycle sychronization that says the problem may be the Iwoc One firmware needs an upgrade. You can check your firmware on Mahle's website. Attached is the info on firmware from wilier's website. My firmware is iM1EM119 so that may be the problem, but the local Orbea dealer had no idea what I was talking about when I went in today, so I'll need to try again with the manager.

I also have problems getting the Mahle app to work when I connect with a HR monitor, so I'll try the suggestions here. The manual for my display says a HR monitor connects via ANT+ and it connects to the phone app via Bluetooth, so there are two separate connections. I have the older display, not the Pulsar One, and it's never worked with the heart monitor.

Greetings.
I solved the problem with fy.Mahle and the answer is:

Dear User
Thanks for contact us
Regarding the pulsar one issues, can be needed one update of the battery to solve tis issue. This need to be done by a dealer.
If you want , you can share with me the serial number of the bike to verify the software
Regarding The gearshift, you will need to contact directly to the brand because is out of our system
Best
- Martha Chavez - MAHLE Smartbike Systems - C/ Orfebres, 10 – 34004 - Palencia – Spain
I'm not in the mood to solve this problem anymore, my dealer is 100 km away, so I drive with PulsarOne,
I drive the plane the same to 0 and I use the "MySmartbike" application for climbing hills and measuring the slope in%
and I will rank possibly on the bike frame. If I'm riding a straight section and 1 or 2 is on - I often get the impression
that the engine is slowing down my performance for a while. I'm used to it and I found my system to handle the bike while riding.
I can't find the firmware for Iwoc One on the Mahle website. You can attach a link to the page. Thank you.

Last edited:
you have to update the software and put this iM2EM121, for the pulsar one to work correctly, the distributor or seller has to ask ebikemotion along with the cables to update, I have the software but my seller has the cables, see if some distributor has the cables and I would send you the software and the instructions, I put in another post how to do it.

You can get the firmware on the Mahle app. Open the app and on the first screen with the red button, click on settings, then click on ebike information. The firmware is listed for the joystick, controller and battery.
Since Mahle clearly has the firmware data for every bike, they should be telling us if we don’t have the current version. And we shouldn’t have to take the bike to a bike shop, especially when they don’t know what to do. The app should have functionality to update the firmware. Specialized apparently has offered this for a couple of years on their mission control app.
I like the new app, but it would be nice to know if they are at least working on this type of improvement.

You can get the firmware on the Mahle app. Open the app and on the first screen with the red button, click on settings, then click on ebike information. The firmware is listed for the joystick, controller and battery.
Since Mahle clearly has the firmware data for every bike, they should be telling us if we don’t have the current version. And we shouldn’t have to take the bike to a bike shop, especially when they don’t know what to do. The app should have functionality to update the firmware. Specialized apparently has offered this for a couple of years on their mission control app.
I like the new app, but it would be nice to know if they are at least working on this type of improvement.
The Bianchi bike works well with PulsarOne and I stopped solving the application and firmware.
Mahle has released a whole new system and it is possible that if Bianchi e-road makes this new system,
I will switch to it. I have a year's Aria e-road and I am satisfied with it.
What still butbothers me is what they've probably solved with the new type engine: Completely eliminating the drag when maximum assisted speed is exceeded

that resistance that you observe is natural when it cuts at 25km/h, you notice the weight of the bike that you have to move more, that the new engine does not eliminate because it also cuts at 25km/h

Back