specialized creo 2

Having a technical problem with transferring a screen from the Mission Control app to the MCU on my bike. Ridercare says to press both remotes simultaneously to trigger the screen transfer. Not happening. Below is a pic of the screen I’m trying to add to the MCU. Does anyone have a solution?
View attachment 172782
In my experience, there is no pushing buttons to "transfer." When I change a field on my phone, it updates instantly on the TCU. Make sure you are using the newest spesh app with the white S on black background. The old app is white S on red background. The newest app is no longer called Mission Control. The new one I believe is simply, The Specialized App.

Having a technical problem with transferring a screen from the Mission Control app to the MCU on my bike. Ridercare says to press both remotes simultaneously to trigger the screen transfer. Not happening. Below is a pic of the screen I’m trying to add to the MCU. Does anyone have a solution?
Also on my list of questions. My bike only shows the very first screen style in the menu. I can switch the one variable (mph) to the other options, but the other screens do not push to the bike.

In my experience, there is no pushing buttons to "transfer." When I change a field on my phone, it updates instantly on the TCU. Make sure you are using the newest spesh app with the white S on black background. The old app is white S on red background. The newest app is no longer called Mission Control. The new one I believe is simply, The Specialized App.
I have the new app. When I talked with Ridercare, they suggested the screens could be synced to the M TCU by pressing both remotes simultaneously. I can use the remotes to toggle back and forth for Microtuning if I don’t want the other ride modes (ie., ECO). But otherwise I only have the battery level showing up on my MTCU. Ridercare suggests having the remotes checked at the shop.

I have the new app. When I talked with Ridercare, they suggested the screens could be synced to the M TCU by pressing both remotes simultaneously. I can use the remotes to toggle back and forth for Microtuning if I don’t want the other ride modes (ie., ECO). But otherwise I only have the battery level showing up on my MTCU. Ridercare suggests having the remotes checked at the shop.
When I'm at home configuring the screens on my phone that I want on my TCU, I never touch the remotes. Now, when I'm on a ride and I want to toggle between the screens I've created, then I press both remotes at the same time. That's how you switch screens on the TCU, press both at the same time. Good luck!

One metric I really like to have on my TCU is the AXS rear derailleur battery level. I've been notified on that a couple of times that my RD battery is low. You can also check that battery on the SRAM app and by pressing the button on the RD itself, but having the notification of 'low battery' on the TCU is super helpful. Just one more thing to keep charged!

One metric I really like to have on my TCU is the AXS rear derailleur battery level. I've been notified on that a couple of times that my RD battery is low. You can also check that battery on the SRAM app and by pressing the button on the RD itself, but having the notification of 'low battery' on the TCU is super helpful. Just one more thing to keep charged!
Great idea! The first time my etap battery died was 2 weeks after purchase of the bike, fortunately at the end of a ride. I had the SRAM app set up, so it was weird that it didn’t alert me. Glad to hear that the bike can do this!

Wiggly like a worm in the mud :D
@AvalancheRun! Regarding your black tyres that turned into "tan wall" ones :)

When I visited the Specialized Warsaw Soho LBS, I could notice S-Works Pathfinder tyres. Marketed as "sorry, we are the fastest and the most lightweight" and available in 42-622 at a hefty price tag, tan wall and all, those tyres were as tempting as it was hard not to buy them! However, I realized I came to Soho on Pathfinders Pro to buy some more grippy tyres :D

When I'm at home configuring the screens on my phone that I want on my TCU, I never touch the remotes. Now, when I'm on a ride and I want to toggle between the screens I've created, then I press both remotes at the same time. That's how you switch screens on the TCU, press both at the same time. Good luck!
Figured it out. My app was toggled for stealth mode. Untoggling it got any screen I wanted.
But now I’m wondering why the battery level shows up on the screen when you have it in stealth mode. Isn’t it supposed to go completely dark?

@AvalancheRun! Regarding your black tyres that turned into "tan wall" ones :)

When I visited the Specialized Warsaw Soho LBS, I could notice S-Works Pathfinder tyres. Marketed as "sorry, we are the fastest and the most lightweight" and available in 42-622 at a hefty price tag, tan wall and all, those tyres were as tempting as it was hard not to buy them! However, I realized I came to Soho on Pathfinders Pro to buy some more grippy tyres :D
Yep! Just saw those too. Wouldn’t want a more road-focused tire on this bike though. The most fun I’ve had with it has been exploring off-road.

IMG_5656.jpeg

Apparently the bike uses a good amount of juice just logging data. This was a 100% off ride. Surprised at how efficient it felt despite the aluminum wheels and 32 lb weight. Even went up a 12% hill with a 50 lb pack : D
I’d argue that this is a more efficient workout bike than a non-electrified gravel bike because of option to turn it off and have to lug the extra weight, and of course to reduce the most painful climbs with the motor.

Has the stem length versus the Diverge been discussed yet? It’s 10 mm longer. They must have had a good reason for doing so - maneuverability? I am about to try out a 20 mm shorter stem (going from 100 to 80) at my fitter’s suggestion.

View attachment 172972
Apparently the bike uses a good amount of juice just logging data. This was a 100% off ride. Surprised at how efficient it felt despite the aluminum wheels and 32 lb weight. Even went up a 12% hill with a 50 lb pack : D
I’d argue that this is a more efficient workout bike than a non-electrified gravel bike because of option to turn it off and have to lug the extra weight, and of course to reduce the most painful climbs with the motor.

Has the stem length versus the Diverge been discussed yet? It’s 10 mm longer. They must have had a good reason for doing so - maneuverability? I am about to try out a 20 mm shorter stem (going from 100 to 80) at my fitter’s suggestion.
i wouldn’t put too much faith in those very small percentage drops from the power on / motor off scenarios - i don’t think the voltage curve on lithium batteries is quite that sensitive, especially at high power levels. but yes, i’ve seen the same thing with my creo 1, a couple percent used when motor off!

longer stem is because specialized is hedging their bets a little on gravel vs road - road bikes have longer stems for increased stability at high speed and reduced drag to encourage those higher speeds :)

not an issue for slower riding off road where maneuverability is prioritized and speeds are too low for aero to matter much.

Also on my list of questions. My bike only shows the very first screen style in the menu. I can switch the one variable (mph) to the other options, but the other screens do not push to the bike.
Figured it out. I had the screen in stealth mode. Once I changed out of that I could choose any screen I wanted. However, in stealth mode the screen still lights up with battery level indicator. You can dim the screen but seems that the stealth mode should result in a blank screen. I asked Ridercare and they told me that the battery icon was standard on stealth screen mode.

longer stem is because specialized is hedging their bets a little on gravel vs road - road bikes have longer stems for increased stability at high speed and reduced drag to encourage those higher speeds :)
You are completely right.

I rode a Specialized Epic 8 Expert, an XC bike on Saturday. The stem was as short as it was almost non-existent, and it was paired with almost flat and straight bars, 780 mm. That bike just begged 'ride me very fast between the trees!' I think maneuverability was all about that bike!

While my gravel buddies ride forest fire roads at high speed but they almost never need to maneuver very much: the stability is the key there.

I picked up a new Creo 2 Comp recently to use as a several-day-a-week commuter bike. I have two routes I can use from home to work and back. One is 16 miles each way, and the other is 23.5 miles each way but a nicer ride. When I searched for this bike in my size, Specialized only showed two available in stores on the East Coast of the U.S. I drove a few hours to a neighboring state, and snagged this one. I also got a range extender battery.

Looking forward to putting it to some regular use.

Attachments

• creo.jpg
    creo.jpg
    302.4 KB · Views: 105
I picked up a new Creo 2 Comp recently to use as a several-day-a-week commuter bike. I have two routes I can use from home to work and back. One is 16 miles each way, and the other is 23.5 miles each way but a nicer ride. When I searched for this bike in my size, Specialized only showed two available in stores on the East Coast of the U.S. I drove a few hours to a neighboring state, and snagged this one. I also got a range extender battery.

Looking forward to putting it to some regular use.
That's a very nice ebike for commuting. Do you plan to use for non-commute purposes? Are you going to put fenders on it for commuting? Can you top up the battery at work if you wanted to?

That's a very nice ebike for commuting. Do you plan to use for non-commute purposes? Are you going to put fenders on it for commuting? Can you top up the battery at work if you wanted to?

I'm sure I'll ride it some for recreation, too, especially on rougher surfaces like the C&O Canal towpath. It seems well suited to that. For smoother surface rides, I'll mainly stick with my road bike, which I very much enjoy riding. Here's a fun fact: my average speed on both the Creo and my road bike is about the same. It seems that the light-handed way I use the assist mainly cancels out the added weight of the Creo and takes some of the sting out of the climbs but doesn't really dial up my overall speed. That said, I've turned down all of the default assistance settings and stay mainly in Eco with a bit of Sport on short steep climbs.

With the addition of the range extender, I don't think I'll need to charge at work. We have a secure bike cage in my office's garage. Unfortunately there are no nearby outlets, so charging the bike itself isn't an option. But I could toss the charging cable into my panniers and charge the range extender in my office, if I wanted to.

As far as fenders go, I'd have to see what would work with my rack and bag and those big tires. I doubt I'll add fenders unless it becomes an issue. On past commuters, my bags and rack blocked a lot of the spray, but this rack is very open, so we'll see.

Last edited:
Back