specialized creo 2

Remember to use patience and care when plugging in the extender cable. Do a test pull to make sure it's locked because if it comes loose your while pedaling your crank will break it. Don't do it when you are in a rush to get going or you can damage the connector too.

Hi folks, have somebody installed 650b wheels on Creo 2? I see in rider book they say it is not recommended, because BB would be to low, but wondering if there is any real life experience? The reason I'm asking, there is very solid discounts right now on Roval Terra CLX EVO Wheelset and Enve G27, but both are in 650B size.

I run 28mm tyres on Creo 2, which is also not recommended as they state min is 38. Using a 58cm frame with 175mm cranks, I never had a crank strike. Unless you are doing some really serious off road, or you pedal in corners leaning over to get a crank strike, I don't see it being an issue. Can you borrow a set of 650b from an mtb to try it?

Keep in mind the displayed speed and max assist speed will be reduced if the overall wheel diameter is reduced. It might be possible for an authorized dealer to adjust the TCU, but ebikes took that away from users because it's an easy way to cheat speed limits.

Keep in mind the displayed speed and max assist speed will be reduced if the overall wheel diameter is reduced. It might be possible for an authorized dealer to adjust the TCU, but ebikes took that away from users because it's an easy way to cheat speed limits.
Yep, I remember that. For speed, I use bike computer sensor anyway. Also if I go with 650B x 2.10 tires, it should stay pretty close in terms of circumference.

Yep, I remember that. For speed, I use bike computer sensor anyway. Also if I go with 650B x 2.10 tires, it should stay pretty close in terms of circumference.
If the frame fits 700 x 2.2, what do you feel are the benefits of switching to 650B x 2.1? I wonder how much wider one could go with 650B. 2.4?

If the frame fits 700 x 2.2, what do you feel are the benefits of switching to 650B x 2.1? I wonder how much wider one could go with 650B. 2.4?
I don't necessary feel benefits for 650B x 2.1 vs let's say 700 x 2.2, I have comp model with alloy wheels and I would like to upgrade them to lighter carbon and as of now ~2.5k high end wheel sets in size 650B are discounted to ~1k, so this is the only benefit :) If 700c would have same discount, I would go with that probably to avoid this questions.

I don't necessary feel benefits for 650B x 2.1 vs let's say 700 x 2.2, I have comp model with alloy wheels and I would like to upgrade them to lighter carbon and as of now ~2.5k high end wheel sets in size 650B are discounted to ~1k, so this is the only benefit :) If 700c would have same discount, I would go with that probably to avoid this questions.

strangely spec's site initially shows a big discount on the terra clx evo but then not once you click through, in either size!

wut2.JPG

wut.JPG

Yes, it is possible. I had my dealer adjust wheel circumference setting when I put 700x42 tires on my Creo1 E5

Back