Creo 2 Tires Alternatives for Road

Hi,
I just bought the Creo 2 and I am in the same position you were in June, I want to use the bike for road and would like to change the tire.
What tires did you finaly choose ?

with a 24/25mm internal width rim (depending on which creo 2 you have) i’d recommend 32 or 35 mm GP5000 S TR. run them tubeless. comfortable, durable, fast rollling, good grip.

this assumes primarily dry use on pavement most of the time.

I have the Carbon one version 2024.
Yes I will be on pavement 100% of the time.
I went with the Mondo T2/T5 35 mm -- I put the stock ones back on when I'm doing gravel specific rides, and then leave these on 90% of the time.

with a 24/25mm internal width rim (depending on which creo 2 you have) i’d recommend 32 or 35 mm GP5000 S TR. run them tubeless. comfortable, durable, fast rollling, good grip.

Thank you.

Can I take those tires and put tubes in it instead ? If so, what would be the required size of the tubes and the dimension of the presta valve.

I know nothing about tubes but from my search, it lower the weight and reduces puncture, is that why you would go tubeless ?

Thank you again four your help !!!!

Thank you.

Can I take those tires and put tubes in it instead ? If so, what would be the required size of the tubes and the dimension of the presta valve.

I know nothing about tubes but from my search, it lower the weight and reduces puncture, is that why you would go tubeless ?

Thank you again four your help !!!!
you could run tubes in those tires but it would negate a lot of the advantages - there are cheaper lighter tires that work well with tubes.

the advantages of tubeless are resistance to small punctures - they just seal themselves up, repair from the outside for larger punctures (just just push a plug into into the hole from the outside and reinflate), a little less weight than standard tubes, and the ability to use a lower pressure without the risk of pinch flats.

disadvantages are the possibility of making a mess with the sealant if you aren’t familiar (it’s pretty easy once you do it a few times), potentially harder to get the tire seated on the rim the first time, and the small chance of being really stranded if you get a seriously big gash in the tire that the plugs or sealant won’t fix. if you ride infrequently, the sealant can also settle and dry out.

highly recommended if you get lots of flats from small pieces of glass, bits of wire, etc, and want to eke out the best performance from your creo.

Unless you're willing to do the messy work yourself, or pay to have a shop to it for you, you'd be better off going with tubes and a more puncture resistant tire than the Conti GP 5000.
I have GP 5000s on my road bike (with sealant) and I like them, but I don't mind spending the time to add sealant every 3/4 months and taking the tires off, and replacing the old sealant with new every year.
Personally, I wouldn't run GP5000s with tubes because I'd be afraid of punctures. There are a number of more puncture resistant tires on the market that are only slightly slower.

Side note: a couple of weeks ago I had a puncture on my back tire while on a long ride. Lots of sealant flying everywhere, but the sealant eventually sealed the hole and I was able to complete the ride.
I do carry plugs and an mini electric pump, but luckily I didn't have to use them on this ride.
When I got home I added some more sealant, because I had lost quite a bit when the tire was punctured-good as new.

Thank you for the input. I wont go tubeless for now.
''There are a number of more puncture resistant tires on the market that are only slightly slower.''
Any suggesstions ?

Tubeless in general, moves the flat repair from outside at the side of the road to inside in the shop, garage or basement. It is not maintenance free. There are other benefits such as lower pressures and riding characteristics but if you are looking for maintenance free look elsewhere. Tire size also depends on mass of the rider which can also affect the frequency of flats. If you are a 160lb rider vs a 250lb rider you will have a very different experience on a given tire recommendation. A light rider may go a year or two between flats vs a couple of times a year for a heavier rider.

Tubeless in general, moves the flat repair from outside at the side of the road to inside in the shop, garage or basement. It is not maintenance free. There are other benefits such as lower pressures and riding characteristics but if you are looking for maintenance free look elsewhere. Tire size also depends on mass of the rider which can also affect the frequency of flats. If you are a 160lb rider vs a 250lb rider you will have a very different experience on a given tire recommendation. A light rider may go a year or two between flats vs a couple of times a year for a heavier rider.
Thank you for your response.
I am light rider.
Will only ride on pavement and for now, won't go tubeless.
I use the bike 50% of the time without assistance.

Back