Riese Muller Delite Rohloff GX HS

pedelecsva

Hi.
I am seriously considering buying the Delite GX Rohloff HS.
I would go with the Kiox display and the Fox suspension. Not that I really need it, but when dishing out this amount of cash, I want the available.

My biggest concern is whether or not the Delite will be updated with integrated batteries in the near future. It would suck to order it, just to find out that a new model will be released... any comments on this?

Cheers

I received my bike in the beginning of January. Exactly the same bike you're considering. Fox upgrade and with Kiox. Rohloff E-14 and belt drive. And yes, it's the HS version. I was thinking the same thing as you're now before I bought the bike. Now I'm really happy that I decided to get it instead of waiting 1 year or more I think Delite will eventually get upgraded to have integrated batteries (at least 1 out of 2 it has), but after that there will be next improvement and after that again the next improvement. Bosch will also have its next gen engine within few next years. If you always wait for next, you can't really buy the bike. I'll drive next 10 years with this bike and when it's time to buy next bike we are living the future of eBikes and battery technology. The bike is absolutely amazing. I love it! Been driving about 400km in winter condition during 2 first weeks of January but after that I got sick and have to recover before I can drive again.

haha, yeah, that is my life in a nutshell. Waiting for the next upgrade.

Good considerations though.

I’ve tried the Supercharger Rohloff HS which was really nice. And the 25km/h Delite. But not the HS Delite.

I’m gonna use it for a 45km commute to and from work on good pavement. Along with occasional forest trails and trips with my 2 year old in a carrier.

I’m thinking the full suspension is going to be awesome for that, but I don’t know for sure... any considerations.

Well. My commute is exactly 45km (round trip) on a good pavement. I drive it now in winter conditions and the bikes drives solid as a train no matter what the surface condition is. I'll of course benefit more from HS summertime but even now I've driven with top speed of 45km/h. Average speed around 25km/h. I've also been driving in forest (paths in snow) and must say that this bike is perfect all around. I'd say that if it wasn't full suspension it wasn't as allarounder as it is. Full suspension is bice in forest but also a must in 45km/h top speed where even smallest bumps are a pain in the ass without rear suspension.
What comes to lower torque of the HS-version, doesn't matter anything because the gear range of the Rohloff is so great. At smallest gear it can climb a tree and at the biggest gear 45km/h speed the cadence is still nice.

One more thing. Forgot to say that at least for me the dual battery is a must. I weight about 105kg and drive in sbow with turbo mode. My range is about 65km so I can make my commute round trip without charging during work day. With single battery I wasn't able to do that. Sure that summer time the range is longer though.

I ride a 2018 Riese&Muller Homage Rohloff HS with fox suspension upgrade. It has the old style battery, which weighs and costs less, the manual shifter and a chain. 'twould be nice to have the belt and the E14 shifter of the 2019 but the only advantage of the hidden power tube battery is aesthetic and you can no longer get the Fox upgrade on the Homage.

With the current Delight you could pack a third battery in a trunk bag and do a weekend wilderness getaway. There's really no good way to carry along an extra power tube.

Go for it. Your pleasure will far outweigh any lingering doubts.

Last edited:
One more thing. Forgot to say that at least for me the dual battery is a must. I weight about 105kg and drive in sbow with turbo mode. My range is about 65km so I can make my commute round trip without charging during work day. With single battery I wasn't able to do that. Sure that summer time the range is longer though.

I weigh about 80kg. I would go for the dual battery, to be sure I can sprint all the way to work in Turbo and keep as high an average speed as possible.

On a good day, I can average 35km/h on my roadbike, so for the purchase to make sense, I would have to be able to go faster than this.

Tipitus, would you be able to show some pictures of your bike? I am very interested in seeing how my exact build looks like in real life.

I am 175cm tall, so I would probably go with the 49cm size.

Sure. Any specific parts that you want yo see? Haven't taken so much pics of my bike but I can do it tomorrow. If you have a cycling background I'm sure you can easily keep average speed of 35km/h summertime. I'm sure I will be close to it as the biggest think slowing me down now is the fact you have to be cautious because the surface can be slippery. I could drive faster but I'm afraid to do so. BTW, I earler told you not to wait for all the new things so I now must mention that actually I did wait 1 more year to get the E14 instead of the mechanical version and I'm so glad I did. Didn't like the mech version much but love the eShifter.

Attachments

• 20190108_153945.jpg
    20190108_153945.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 688
Sure. Any specific parts that you want yo see? Haven't taken so much pics of my bike but I can do it tomorrow. If you have a cycling background I'm sure you can easily keep average speed of 35km/h summertime. I'm sure I will be close to it as the biggest think slowing me down now is the fact you have to be cautious because the surface can be slippery. I could drive faster but I'm afraid to do so. BTW, I earler told you not to wait for all the new things so I now must mention that actually I did wait 1 more year to get the E14 instead of the mechanical version and I'm so glad I did. Didn't like the mech version much but love the eShifter.

Really like the photo with the bike in a real world situation. It looks like the bicycle equivalent of a BMW R1200GS. The way that everything is build to be rugged, and every detail is overengineered.

If you could get some shots of the front and rear fox shocks, and the Kiox display, I would be thankful!

Is it the dark grey color you have? I am considering that or the midnight blue.

I weigh about 80kg. I would go for the dual battery, to be sure I can sprint all the way to work in Turbo and keep as high an average speed as possible.

On a good day, I can average 35km/h on my roadbike, so for the purchase to make sense, I would have to be able to go faster than this.

Tipitus, would you be able to show some pictures of your bike? I am very interested in seeing how my exact build looks like in real life.

I am 175cm tall, so I would probably go with the 49cm size.
I really enjoy riding this way and find it way safer in interaction with cars on the road in town, with lots of starts and stops. Cars see you better (wear bright reflective tops). A rear view mirror is a must while ear buds should be avoided. Moving through town, I can get across the intersection, from a stop, way ahead of almost all cars up to 20mph and on flat, open ground cruise at 24mph in Sport mode for an hour or longer. I only use Turbo to avoid sweating when needed. Weekend wanderings in Tour slower, longer and needing less battery, Eco when riding and pacing with fit people on acoustic bikes.

Really like the photo with the bike in a real world situation. It looks like the bicycle equivalent of a BMW R1200GS. The way that everything is build to be rugged, and every detail is overengineered.

If you could get some shots of the front and rear fox shocks, and the Kiox display, I would be thankful!

Is it the dark grey color you have? I am considering that or the midnight blue.

My bike is dark grey. I think all the colors are nice so I kind of like made a gallup among my family members and they chose for me. I think this color suits me. It's like an army or bomb squad bike. =)

Attachments

• 20190201_143351.jpg
    20190201_143351.jpg
    334.4 KB · Views: 595
  • 20190201_143244.jpg
    20190201_143244.jpg
    522.1 KB · Views: 630
  • 20190201_143454.jpg
    20190201_143454.jpg
    482.3 KB · Views: 641
  • 20190201_143255.jpg
    20190201_143255.jpg
    476.1 KB · Views: 637
  • 20190201_143311.jpg
    20190201_143311.jpg
    445.1 KB · Views: 612
  • 20190201_143340.jpg
    20190201_143340.jpg
    563.7 KB · Views: 626
  • 20190201_143343.jpg
    20190201_143343.jpg
    549.3 KB · Views: 600
  • 20190201_143346.jpg
    20190201_143346.jpg
    404.5 KB · Views: 608
  • 20190201_143349.jpg
    20190201_143349.jpg
    501.4 KB · Views: 607
  • 20190201_143332.jpg
    20190201_143332.jpg
    468.5 KB · Views: 597
  • 20190201_143335.jpg
    20190201_143335.jpg
    506.3 KB · Views: 617
  • 20190201_143338.jpg
    20190201_143338.jpg
    556.5 KB · Views: 634
My bike is dark grey. I think all the colors are nice so I kind of like made a gallup among my family members and they chose for me. I think this color suits me. It's like an army or bomb squad bike. =)
Awesome. Just the things i needed to see!

Which size did you choose, and how tall are you?

In the past I've had both a bike that was too small, and one that was too big. I think the 49 will suit me the best, considering the sizing options. But It would suck to get one that was smaller than neccesary. I am 175cm tall.

Which size did you choose, and how tall are you?

In the past I've had both a bike that was too small, and one that was too big. I think the 49 will suit me the best, considering the sizing options. But It would suck to get one that was smaller than neccesary. I am 175cm tall.

I chose the biggest size, 56cm. I'm 187cm tall. Bike doesn't feel too big or small. It feels perfect. Only driven 500km, but I know this feeling won't change. I also tested a Delite Mountain last summer which if I remember was 49cm and didn't feel small at all. If you're 175cm you should try the 54cm frame size somewhere. Or if possible, try both! Doesn't matter if it's Rohloff or not... nor if it's the mountain version, the frame is the same.

Ok, So i ordered the Delite GX Rohloff HS with Kiox and Fox suspension in the end of February. Expected delivery in week 17.

Thursday in week 17 it was postponed to week 18. Thursday in week 18 it was postponed to week 21/22...

Now we are in week 24 and R&M has stopped bothering with updating expected delivery. The website still says expected delivery in week 23...
Bike is not here yet.

I’ve contacted R&M more than once to get an answer of what I causing the delays. They tell me it is difficulties and that I should contact my dealer for further details. And the dealer doesn’t get more details than that either.

I am underwhelmed of the level of customer service from R&M. My car was delivered faster than this. I understand that delays can happen, but 8 weeks on top of a 6 week initial delivery time is ridiculous. Especially without any explanation at all...

I ordered a Homage GX Rohloff from a local dealer in April. It was scheduled to be made the first week of June. Today the site updated to say it would be made next week. I spoke to the dealer who called Germany. They assured him the bike had been made but a paint blemish was discovered in the final inspection and the bike was being repainted. I was reassured by the quick response. I’ve been waiting a long time but I’d rather give it done right then delivered with defects. Your situation sounds quite different with the repeated delays and no information. I’d keep pushing both the dealer and R&M.

Ciao,

I have a question about Kiox connection, is normal that with bluetooth,
phone must be sooo near, about 30 cm, 1 feet not more?

Massimo

My dealer called me today with good news. My bike was ready for pickup.

With this much anticipation, delay after delay, I was expecting to be disappointed.

But here, after the first ride, I can honestly say that all is forgiven. This bike is nothing but smiles!

Ciao pedelecsva,

I can understand you, wowwww effect........

please try how distance is possible to stay connect via bluetooth Kiosk and handy.

Thanks,

Massimo

Back