Pictures of an E-Bike Adventure

(Link Removed - Attachment No Longer Exists) Great photos and country side, enjoyed the article. We have had a wet winter in South western Australia and are looking forward to spring weather before the heat sets in. Haibike 2016 all mtn RC Whicher ranges Jarrah forest.

Thanks Ridesags! That looks awesome. Are there crocodiles in there? I look forward to seeing some more of your Australian bike landscapes :)

Cheers dm, No Crocs in the South thankfully. Just venomous snakes in spring. Top end (north) of the country is full of mature size crocs. I am interested in charging systems for e mtb from 12v systems when out on extended camping trips. Maybe a thread in that. Currently following your elections closely on the screen at the moment. Don't normally have an interest but at 238/209 the markets are going wild. Short the s&p and long metals, might be able to afford a new mtb for the wife. Cheers :)
) a m rc.jpg

Beautiful fall ride, pedal assisted up into my local N Cal hills. It's fun to have assist 1700 feet up the hills. What did your ride look like today?

radhills-10.JPG radhills-9.JPG

The wife and I just got back from the Grand Canyon and Sedona with our Radrovers. The weather was perfect for riding and we were able to see so much more away from the usual tourist spots.

Grand Canyon:
Stayed in the town of Tusayan just south of the park and rode the paved +6 mile bike path that goes directly to Mather Point. Ended up seeing a wolf and a lot of elk and deer along the way. You don't have to pay the $30 per vehicle fee for a 7 days pass when taking the Tusayan bike path to the park. We road 25 miles the first day up to Yaki Point and around +20 miles on the second day down Hermits Trail.

Where the bike trail starts near Mather's Point:
(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

Near South Kaibab Trailhead heading towards Yaki Point:

Sedona:
This town feels like it 2X-3X in population on the weekends. We had to hit the trails at 8am and off by 11am or you will dodging tons of people walking, hiking, and biking.

Bell Rock Trail southwest of Sedona:

[QUOTE="mrgold35[/QUOTE]

Quite a beautiful holiday with those bikes! Maybe the Rad company should use these on their advertising! Also, beautiful memories from when I worked in the canyon :)

I had a hard time finding information on ebike usage in national parks, state parks, local city parks on the internet? The wife and I were riding extremely slow along the rim bike trails (4-8 mph) at the Canyon and could have turned our bikes off for the ride. We just used full power to get to/from the park.

Some say no motorized vehicles of any kind except handicapped powered vehicles, others say A-OK for Class I & II (20 mph/750 watt limit) because they are defined as bicycles, some say ebikes are only OK for trails rated for off road 2 or 4-wheel powered vehicles, and other say state/local trails funded by federal $$ can have ebikes on them.

I think park rules/regulations haven't caught up to the different classes of ebikes yet. The safe bet is anywhere a car can go, an ebike can follow when in doubt.

I love the combo of the Cloud-9 seat and suspension seatpost on my (tail heavy) hub ebike. Very comfortable for long distance hauls and I spend less time lifting my bottom off the seat over 90% of the bumps compared when I didn't have the combo.

Last edited:
Makes me happy seeing all the places y'all are taking ebike adventures. Someday I'll put a motor on my nice mtn bike and spend some quality time on single track. The rover likes roads and packed trails. Here's me going down the river road enjoying today in freedom!

IMG_1734-Pano-edit.jpg

Enjoyed bringing in the year with a brisk ride before a week of rain storms. Still feeling like a kid zipping along these mendocino county hills. Crossed over the 1000 mile mark on my radrover. Anyone else enjoy a ride for the first day of 2017?

Happy E-bike New Year to all you riders, david

newyearsride.JPG
newyearsride2.JPG

That's pretty surreal @dm nelson; like those misty hills. And the grass your bike is posed in ... almost looks like my un-mowed field :D (but better!)
Great New Year ride; thanks!

Back