Ok, so I narrowed it down, but still need help please.....

Our main one and most recommended is Hyland Bikes (San Jose). There are a couple smaller ones around that we can call and ask about their test rides, but Hyland has the most (broader) selection and just got some Aventon bikes in that my girl wanted to try. But no can do.

I'll check with my LBS in Los Altos and Palo Alto to see if they allow test rides.

Also in Cali... SoCal... but local shops will let you test ride by appointment.
That's cool! Love So Cal (we hang in LA/Venice/Hollywood every chance we get). We are in Nor Cal (Bay Area). Certain stores make their own safety rules, apparently. I'm all for everyone's safety during these crazy times, for sure. But it is disappointing because I wanted to test a few different motor types and frame styles. I can check a few different smaller shops around, but their selection isn't the same as our larger LBS (Hyland Bikes).

The Bicycle Outfitter and PA Bicycles.

Last edited:
The Bicycle Outfitter and PA Bicycles.

I clicked on the service schedule and the soonest you can get an appt is Aug 27. That would be a good incentive to be your own wrench...

The service backlog is crazy long... best to DIY.
My hope is to learn all there is about taking care of and fixing the bikes (if needed). But first, we need to buy them and learn how to ride. Lol! Well, we can regular bikes of course. But we hear ebikes have a little bit of a learning curve when it comes to gears and such.

My hope is to learn all there is about taking care of and fixing the bikes (if needed). But first, we need to buy them and learn how to ride. Lol! Well, we can regular bikes of course. But we hear ebikes have a little bit of a learning curve when it comes to gears and such.

Yeah, about a half an hour learning curve

Hey man what information did you find on the Bolton Blackbird I need help deciding.
They still have both 24" and 26" available. They will ship in November. The 24" were supposed to be tubeless ready, but they couldn't get the right rim for that in time, so they won't be. I asked if there will be a further discount due to that matter, but no reply yet. The price for now is still $2199 whereas in the future will go up to $2599.

They still have both 24" and 26" available. They will ship in November. The 24" were supposed to be tubeless ready, but they couldn't get the right rim for that in time, so they won't be. I asked if there will be a further discount due to that matter, but no reply yet. The price for now is still $2199 whereas in the future will go up to $2599.

I can't seem to decide if I want to get that one or a Juiced Ripcurrent x I honestly just wanted for Uber eats delivery so I really want range more than anything.

Welp, I did it! I just ordered 2 Ride 1 Up 700's, both ST models as my GF and I are on the shorter side (5'2" and 5'4"). I wish I could have got the XR version for myself as it's more me/my style, but safety and comfort first. We got 1 in gunmetal gray and 1 in steel blue, as they call it. I'm excited! The email receipt says one will ship September 15th and one September 26th. =)

Welp, I did it! I just ordered 2 Ride 1 Up 700's, both ST models as my GF and I are on the shorter side (5'2" and 5'4"). I wish I could have got the XR version for myself as it's more me/my style, but safety and comfort first.

We got 1 in gunmetal gray and 1 in steel blue, as they call it. I'm excited! The email receipt says one will ship September 15th and one September 26th. =)

Congratulations... let us know when your new bikes arrive!

Back