8+ months of research, 100s of hours, know what I need & want but can't find it

In general, bikes with suspension forks have taller stack heights, so that’s something the OP needs to consider if having standover clearance issues.

In general, bikes with suspension forks have taller stack heights, so that’s something the OP needs to consider if having standover clearance issues.
Plus suspension forks tend to have a longer axle-to-crown for a double whammy on that score. Although if a step thru frame is in play, standover might never be an issue.

2. Lightweight I'm light, 110 lbs fully clothed. Beast bikes weighing over 60 lbs, even 55 and up, are too heavy.
Maybe Aventon's Pace 500 at 52 pounds. It looks like a 16" standover. There's a dealer in Sayre and another in Elmira.
I soon switched the shifter and the tires on my Abound. It wasn't such a big deal. The torque sensor BB didn't last long, but I'll bet you don't pedal as hard as I do!

Wind runs my pulse up about 4 times what weight does, and I cross 70 hills on my weekly commute. September 2018 before power, I fought a 25 mph wind on 30 miles back to town, and it took me 5.7 hours at 120-168 bpm pulse. Exhausting. I added on a motor & battery that winter.
With electricity, outbound Friday I fought 25 mph in my face the 27 miles. It is an ebike: I burned 53.2 to 47.5 v on that leg. Only half the distance was unpowered. Back Sunday was 7 mph in my face, only used 53.9 to 51.5 v. About 80% unpowered.
I keep the weight low on my bike, which means weight does not matter much to me. Tools and supplies to handle 95% of unfortunate circumstances weigh about 20 lb, are carried on the footrest of my bike, 14" above the road. At age 73, 67" tall wth 28" inseam and 158 lb (this week) I am no giant and no Paul Bunyan. I do not take the bike for rides on my non-existant motor vehicle, so the 94 lb the combo weighs light does not strike me as unweildy. It is important to me that weight is balanced front to back, carried low. With the front basket mounts built into the frame, the 9 lb battery is mounted up front, and the 8 lb motor is on the front wheel too. When I had a 12 lb DD motor on the back, the weight on the rear waggled me around too much. Hard to control from the handlebars when pushing into the garage or maneuvering around to line up with the lock structure - power poles, gas meters, or shopping cart racks. One advantage of weight carried low, when the wind gusts to 35 mph from the side, I am not as likely to be blown over. Just because the wind is up does not mean I do not need to go buy groceries, visit my physician, or whatever my errand is.

Last edited:
Back