Just found a cracked rim on my allant 8

I couldn't find any compatible wheels that had anything like 35mm internal width - in fact the widest I could find were Bontragers with 20mm internal width.

I want that wide of a rim. Those wide tires slow the bike down way too much I gained 3mph going to 2" tubeless tires and 8 extra miles of range. .but buy a cliffhanger rim it will go to a 65 tire.

Tire Chart.jpg

Yeah those aren't as good as Conti/Schwalbe high end ones. Conti Urban Contact 62-584 is 695g weight, Bontrager is 1280g. You're blaming width when the issue is tire tread quality.
I am blaming them for slow because they were slow. I wanted to use them up and I did not want to go with a larger tire and I wanted to go tubeless. the time I use now is 577 thinking of trying these but they may be too light .

For some reason only 29ers available in UK at the moment

29" and 28" wheels have the same standard inner rim diameter of 622 mm only the 29" wheels have a wider rim, making them suitable for tyres of the width from 2" and above.
I really recommend looking to the DT Swiss rims.

got my new wheels. it was hard to find the dt-swiss 540 hubs with 135 packing and qr endocarps plus 6 bolt disc mount. the front was easy I used the center lock setup there.
found a great tool for pushing the valve stem in though I couldgetthese tires on the other rims by hand I needed the tire jack for the last part on these rims.
IMG_1834.jpeg
IMG_1835.jpeg
IMG_1839.jpeg
IMG_1840.jpeg

Just talking about wheel builds:
When I was selecting components for my new rear Vado wheel, I paid special attention to have the rim equipped with eyelets in spoke holes, as these eyelets distribute the stress around the spoke well (the rim is less apt to crack). Only recently, I had a closer look at the front wheel, which was delivered by Specialized on my Vado 5.0 to 6.0 warranty upgrade. Funny to think about it but the new Specialized wheel had spoke hole eyelets too... While the original rim for the front wheel had no eyelets!

never over inflated. if the tires are rated at 50 and that causes rim failure then trek messed up.
This is not a tubeless rated rim so I've been told, so running tubeless at 50 might take you outside the comfort zone. Tubed at 50 is a different animal.

This is not a tubeless rated rim so I've been told, so running tubeless at 50 might take you outside the comfort zone. Tubed at 50 is a different animal.
it shows tubeless on the specs. but it cracked before I went tubeless. I ran the stock tires at 50.
crap I goofed on the front wheel the through axle is 15mm not 12 time to take it back and swap endcaps. uug.

it shows tubeless on the specs. but it cracked before I went tubeless. I ran the stock tires at 50.
crap I goofed on the front wheel the through axle is 15mm not 12 time to take it back and swap endcaps. uug.
You're right - it does. Not much info from Alex, but they do indeed call it tubeless ready.

And strange you didn't get all the endcaps. Every wheelset I've ever bought came with all the adapters.

You're right - it does. Not much info from Alex, but they do indeed call it tubeless ready.

And strange you didn't get all the endcaps. Every wheelset I've ever bought came with all the adapters.
my builder just swaps them the hub does not come with a full set. he really had a hard time finding the 135mm qr endcaps they are about history. anymore its pointless to make bikes without through axles. my daughters 600.00 trek came with them.

Back