Juggernaut FS Ultra vs Frey EX

The point about the 52V is you get more power out of your ultra AXV=W.
Or about 10% more power, and the ultra can handle it no problem, it doesn't run longer at the same amp/hrs.
At only 35% full the 52V is actually at 48V with voltage drop.

And as soon we move to the newer 21700 cells you will squeeze even more power out of the 52V batteries.

Last edited:
I will get the unlimited version but didn't know if it had multiple modes. I'm tempted by the bit more battery power of the Frey but worried about the programming issues with pas.

Last edited:
Right now it's better bang for your buck with the 18650 cells when you consider size vs output. Same sq inch area between the two favors the smaller batteries. I think the max 18650 cells put out in 3.45a or 3.5a hrs and the 21700's put out 5a hrs per cell. Good example is my battery on my bike has (140) 18650 cells with a rating of 34.5a hr rating at 52v. Could I have built a larger a hr 48v battery just by adding 3 more cells probably but overall shape, groupings, and BMS placement play a part also. I could just as well hot glue the 21700 also but I presently use some nickel belt material for the majority of the connections and the spacing they make these for is only for the 18650 cells size to my knowledge.

I think they both use 18650. Just sayin 21700 not there yet to replace

So some bad news is that the ultra fs is most likely not coming back in stock. So that leaves just the new pro version with a smaller battery. Or the rockstar from sondors which I'm not sure about. The rockstar does leave price room for upgraded suspension but it's even heavier than the Frey.

So it seems I'm being pushed to Frey unless there is another bike with the features of the fs with 21ah battery.

Last edited:
So some bad news is that the ultra fs is most likely not coming back in stock. So that leaves just the new pro version with a smaller battery. Or the rockstar from sondors which I'm not sure about. The rockstar does leave price room for upgraded suspension but it's even heavier than the Frey.

So it seems I'm being pushed to Frey unless there is another bike with the features of the fs with 21ah battery.
Where did you hear this?

I asked their support some questions about the bike over the weekend and they replied

"Thanks for getting in touch. Just so we're both on the same page, there is a pretty good chance that the Ultra FS isn't going to be restocked - it has been replaced with the Ultra FS Pro, at least for the time being."

17.5 Ah battery is still a whopper of a battery. Get two. Did they tell you when you could order the bike? If it's now I'd do it if I was you. If this deal existed when I ordered my Bolton AM1000 I would have jumped on it. If there is a con to my having the bike I have now, it's not having a company like Biktrix behind it.

If I got two though i would either have to come back for the other one or carry it with me. I would need a way to mount the second battery on the bike like on a rear fender or something but that will throw the balance off.

Sent Frey some more questions about the bike and the shipping process to see if I really want to do that or not. Might just have to wait for something else new to appear.

Yeah it looks like it's the cheapest rockshock fork that costs about 230. I'm guessing tarrifs are making them downgrade the hardware and increase the price.

Yeah it looks like it's the cheapest rockshock fork that costs about 230. I'm guessing tarrifs are making them downgrade the hardware and increase the price.
You seen burleguy's post where he blew up his Wren fork on his jug? I've got pretty cheap Rockshock forks on my AM 1000 and they work fine. But I don't do technical single track. I DO ride extremely rough/rocky roads though.

I might just get the rockstar and use the savings for better suspension and other stuff. Can the rear suspension be upgraded on that do you know? I don't know if there is a lot of compatibility for those things or not.

Last edited:
Wren are as good as rockshox. Wren did have an issue with the 100mm travel forks a couple of years ago that they have since fixed. Im rollin on the 150mm fork and its great. Kevin is good on warrenty stuff as is Russ over on the rt coast

Think its either the Frey or wait until some company makes something like the biktrix ultra fs that they are discontinuing for a downgraded model. I don't want to get the sondors rockstar until there are more reviews for it. Seems information on that bike is more scarce than the Frey.

The FS is replaced with the FS Pro:

Ultra-FS-NXT-Black-26x4.jpg

Ultra-FS-NXT-Raw-26x4.jpg

Ultra-FS-NXT-Red-26x4jpg.jpg

I know these motors should sound the same on each bike but for some reason it always sounds louder in the videos showing the sondors rockstar. You would think it would be less noise if anything since its power is lowered.

The FS is replaced with the FS Pro:

View attachment 84663
View attachment 84664
View attachment 84665
Hey Roshan, I still might be interested in the ultra fs PRO model but I wanted to know if I would be able to buy a second battery and a rear fender of some sort to store it on? And would the rear shock be ok with that weight on it? I wouldn't be doing jumps.

Last edited:
Back