Another Frey Savannah Ultra - CC owner

It was a slow progression of the chain starting to skip. When I did the chain ring swap, there were no issues. In the last 2 months I started to notice things. Luckily I haven't been riding as much as I did when I got the bike. The weather has been less than great on weekends this winter. Lots of rain.

When I changed out the chain, I also changed out the front caliper of the bike. I did this out of pocket as I truly think I messed up the seals on the caliper when I switched out the tires. Why I think this is the rotor was also bent. I kinda remember "forcing" things while in a hurry. The good news is I have a spare mt5e brake lever for another day.
The obvious things were the sound and the fact that the new rotor and pads were saturated in mineral oil. Lesson learned.

My next big purchase is going to be getting the Silca chain waxing system when it is available again. After switching out the chain and seeing how simple it is, the Silca solution seems a no brainier if I alternate 2 chains.
Oh, and the 30ah battery that my frame can accommodate. Makes the Silca look like a st4rbucks coffee.

Last edited:
View attachment 159744
Results after the latest tune. From what I understand about the avg efficiency number, 11.7 is a good number. The ride was straight, really flat, with hardly any others in the way, and barely any intersections that we needed to stop. The battery is currently at 50.1v according to the cheap multimeter.
HOW THE F did I have a 18146 ft elevation gain?

Finally got around to some wh/mi stats and I'm in about the same ballpark as you. I live surrounded by hills so on shorter rides say about 15 mi or so I'm usually around 11.5wh/mi... but when I'm dragging ass I've seen as high as 12.75wh/mi.
On longer rides in the 20 to 25mi range that have the same hilly beginning but then adds mostly flat terrain I've been averaging around 10.5wh/mi. Even got that number on one ride that had 2 miles of pretty steep, rocky horse trails in the mix
On two recent 25+ mi rides that were all paved surface and I was feeling a bit more froggy than usual I achieved 9.75 and 9.2wh/mi.
These numbers are still a little higher than what I was doing on my BBS02B.. but I was also in better shape then. I'm thinking I'll probably average about 10wh/mi by the end of the riding season when I'm typically in my best shape.
My average speed and top speed are almost identical to yours (16.7mph /26mph respectively) though my elevation change I'm pretty sure is greater (when the decimal is in place). Google maps info on elevation is way off on the rail/trails I ride.

Have you had any changes in efficiency as you tweak the programming?

Back