DÖST IS LIVE!

DÖST

Hey guys, it's been a long journey to get to this point but I'd like to introduce you to DÖST BIKES.

Court and I had a lot of fun shooting a quick video showing a sneak peek to what's coming!

Let me know if you have any questions!

Attachments

• Image002-2.jpg
    Image002-2.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 713
  • Image001-2.jpg
    Image001-2.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 718
When I decided to build new bikes I wanted to focus on 3 main pillars:
PERFORMANCE. COMFORT. UTILITY.
- 120-mile range (with an optional second battery)
- 750W Mid-drive motor
- Throttle
- 28mph top speed
- Comfortable riding position + comfy saddle
- Built-in quality accessories (rear rack, front and rear lights, fenders, adjustable stem, comfortable grips, kickstand, chainguard etc)
- Puncture protection in tires + reflective sidewall for safety

Discuss??

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-11-18 at 3.52.47 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-11-18 at 3.52.47 PM.png
    175.8 KB · Views: 691
Last edited:
What's with Court shouting at this guy to "be honest!"

The bike looks pretty good: a hardtail version of the Frey CC perhaps? A dual battery bay is cool.

Yeah, R&M were first to market with the dual battery feature but the concept's trickled down to a host of other bikes with similar designs.

I still congratulate Stromer for being first to market with a frame integrated battery and that's trickled down to the rest of the market.

I don't see a lot of innovation here per court's claim: these bikes could very well turn out to be a solid value in an extremely crowded market however. Time will tell.

What's with Court shouting at this guy to "be honest!"
I just feel like sometimes range stats and bike weight and price can be communicated "honestly" but with a marketing angle... Like, Sam kind of did this when I asked about the price of the bike he described (which had two batteries) but he then gave me the price of the bike with just one battery and I had to ask again to get the upgrade price. I think I was shouting because I was just excited :p and yeah, props to Stromer for their cutting edge designs early on!

Yeah but you did the same thing with Sam in his first video with the Shred a year ago: asking him about chain drops in an interrogational fashion, which I don't see often if at all with other brand reps. It's something to watch for as it seems like you single out some people and not others. I saw the same interrogational style with Tora as well.

The only brand that I've seen even halfway honest range estimates from is juiced. Take FLX: their range estimates are just ridiculously inflated. Yet no one on your staff calls them out for basically lying to their customers. You also seem to single out some brands for especial praise. There's some strange politicking going on and it's off putting. It's definitely something to watch for.

As far as Stromer, they've gone through so many reorganizations and buyouts, I seriously doubt that they have a proper direction at this time. Frame integration is nice, yes, but they've floundered since then; their only innovation recently is a one piece bar stem which might look nice, but does nothing for functionality or versatility. The fact that it was recalled is just as disappointing. They've had at least 3, which speaks to poor QC. When you factor in price, it's inexcusable.

They seem to have found a small niche for dentist's bikes but they don't have the quality or spec to back it up. Their huge list of no-name generic components is a major red flag to me.

This is another company you could take to task: ask them where all of their no-name components are coming from. Who are they sourcing from exactly? How do they arrive at their outrageous price points when other bikes with similar, even identical spec cost a tiny fraction of Stromer's list.

The brilliance and kudos here is a bike this component rich and have the correct arithmetic, style, and price.

R&M prices are just crazy. Anyone and everyone can build an excellent machine for their prices.

Nicely done Sam, cant wait to test them, i want some. Thanks Court.

It's a cheap marketing ploy to piggyback off of the high price and assumed "prestige" of Rise and Mueller.

I've ridden a full suspension R&M and it was one of the most boring bikes I've ever ridden. It was underpowered and had very soggy, poorly tuned suspension. It was like riding one of the early full suspension bikes from trek which were rightly reviled as some of the worst bikes ever put into production.

Bragging about being as good as R&M is not a wise marketing strategy considering how mediocre the originals are.

Don't believe the hype.

The brilliance and kudos here is a bike this component rich and have the correct arithmetic, style, and price.

R&M prices are just crazy. Anyone and everyone can build an excellent machine for their prices.

Nicely done Sam, cant wait to test them, i want some. Thanks Court.
Thanks Ash! Stop by the office if you are in the lower mainland! I have 2 bikes going to Whistler for further torture testing.

Hey guys, it's been a long journey to get to this point but I'd like to introduce you to DÖST BIKES.

Court and I had a lot of fun shooting a quick video showing a sneak peek to what's coming!

Let me know if you have any questions!

This guy looks familiar to me. I thought I have seen him in previous Surface 604 videos at Interbike a few years back. I could be wrong, however, good luck with your new line of E-bikes!

Sweet bike indeed at a very affordable price point for those budget conscious shoppers. R & M comparison may be a little off, however, dual batteries and average components maybe all you need for this package. It will be interesting to see what Court has to say about the spec'd details and ride quality. I give this good marks before seeing the review. Quite optimistic at this point. We shall see.

In the video you mentioned the price as $3499, sorry I must have missed it but is that for the dual battery?

In the video you mentioned the price as $3499, sorry I must have missed it but is that for the dual battery?
Hi Dewey, price is $3499 for the full suspension, low step model. Without the second battery.
And $2799 for the hardtail version, without the second battery.
The second battery kit is $499.

Sam

Thanks Ash! Stop by the office if you are in the lower mainland! I have 2 bikes going to Whistler for further torture testing.
I’m in Southeast Asia for a couple months and back mid month. Can I check that bike out on the 14th with you in Vancouver or where in Whistler will you have two of those bikes?

When I decided to build new bikes I wanted to focus on 3 main pillars:
PERFORMANCE. COMFORT. UTILITY.
- 120-mile range (with an optional second battery)
- 750W Mid-drive motor
- Throttle
- 28mph top speed
- Comfortable riding position + comfy saddle
- Built-in quality accessories (rear rack, front and rear lights, fenders, adjustable stem, comfortable grips, kickstand, chainguard etc)
- Puncture protection in tires + reflective sidewall for safety

Discuss??

Sam, as a 64yo, reasonably athletic guy, but with a recent heart issue, thus looking to buy my first ebike, have been wanting, but unable to find every item on your list in a single cruiser bike. If you can craft this with dealer support, you have two ready made customers here.

BBSO2's are cadence sensing, any reason why you didn't go with the M600 which is torque sensing and still allows use of a throttle, which by the way precludes the bike from Class 3 status as I'm sure you know. However I personally wouldn't own an eBike without one so kudos.

A step thru hardtail with a welded rack will be a very sturdy platform and have universal applications for sure. Not sure about the FS version where the gear is also suspended as suspension needs to be set to the correct weight which would seem variable if it was carried in this manner? The + size tires and wider i30 type rims would give the HT plenty of cush, especially if a suspension post is used, as well as front suspension.

The dual battery thing is not inclusive to any company that I know of and was done long before R&M used them. Not sure why there would be any beef between any company that wanted to utilize the concept. Although I don't see the need for every day use for those that can it is good to have the option.

Sam, you're based out of the lower mainland? I live here, so would love to check out the bikes. Actually would like more information on the bikes and prices before I stop by. But definitely based upon this thread, I'm interested.

BBSO2's are cadence sensing, any reason why you didn't go with the M600 which is torque sensing and still allows use of a throttle, which by the way precludes the bike from Class 3 status as I'm sure you know. However I personally wouldn't own an eBike without one so kudos.

A step thru hardtail with a welded rack will be a very sturdy platform and have universal applications for sure. Not sure about the FS version where the gear is also suspended as suspension needs to be set to the correct weight which would seem variable if it was carried in this manner? The + size tires and wider i30 type rims would give the HT plenty of cush, especially if a suspension post is used, as well as front suspension.

The dual battery thing is not inclusive to any company that I know of and was done long before R&M used them. Not sure why there would be any beef between any company that wanted to utilize the concept. Although I don't see the need for every day use for those that can it is good to have the option.

Hmmm, so no torque sensing. That might be a deal breaker for me. Currently I have a Juiced CCS and love the torque sensor operation. It makes the bike feel like a regular bike.

Back