DÖST IS LIVE!

.... Not sure about the FS version where the gear is also suspended as suspension needs to be set to the correct weight which would seem variable if it was carried in this manner? ....
Good point!

I was originally thinking this would be good design, but I can see where it could get a bit complicated.

.... I think I was shouting because I was just excited :p and yeah, props to Stromer for their cutting edge designs early on!
I didn't hear any shouting on that question. I think it was a very fair question since it pertained to a specific usage. I think the answer was also very good and informative with some good detail.

I'm not seeing much innovation here yet since it seems it has all been done before, although not exactly mainstream yet for all the characteristics. The play here seems to be mostly value in a mid drive bike. Although the extra battery was not an overly good value, it was a little pricey as DJ has 100 more Wh for $50 less shipped, and more generic batteries with top cells can offer an extra 300Wh for the same or less.

Can you tell us which cells are being used in the batteries?

Very interesting is seeing the reviews, especially the Fate to understand how well the rear suspension works with the design and motor without torque sensor.

I would hope we could see these models about $500 less, I presume the prices given were US prices, or were they Canadian?

This guy looks familiar to me. I thought I have seen him in previous Surface 604 videos at Interbike a few years back. I could be wrong, however, good luck with your new line of E-bikes!
H
This guy looks familiar to me. I thought I have seen him in previous Surface 604 videos at Interbike a few years back. I could be wrong, however, good luck with your new line of E-bikes!
Hey Bob, nicely spotted! Yes, that was me with Surface604 for the past several years. I decided to go out on my own with some of my original team from Surface, we think we've got some winning designes with DOST, it's an exciting time to be in the eBike business, thanks for the support!

Sam, as a 64yo, reasonably athletic guy, but with a recent heart issue, thus looking to buy my first ebike, have been wanting, but unable to find every item on your list in a single cruiser bike. If you can craft this with dealer support, you have two ready made customers here.
Hey Doug, happy to hear you're ready to get on an eBike and keep riding. Glad you're excited by the design and way we've spec'd them. They're fully adjustable so you can get that upright cruiser feel. Maybe best to check out our website www.dostbikes.com - there you can sign up for updates as we get ready to go live. You can also email us directly and ask us anything. [email protected], cheers!

I'm not seeing much innovation here yet since it seems it has all been done before, although not exactly mainstream yet for all the characteristics. The play here seems to be mostly value in a mid drive bike. Although the extra battery was not an overly good value, it was a little pricey as DJ has 100 more Wh for $50 less shipped, and more generic batteries with top cells can offer an extra 300Wh for the same or less.

Can you tell us which cells are being used in the batteries?

Very interesting is seeing the reviews, especially the Fate to understand how well the rear suspension works with the design and motor without torque sensor.

I would hope we could see these models about $500 less, I presume the prices given were US prices, or were they Canadian?
Hey CityExplorer, we're using Samsung batteries and all prices quoted are in USD. Please stay tuned to EBR and/or our website www.dostbikes.com for updates. The Fate full suspension is still several weeks out, but we'll be posting reviews as they come in, cheers,
Dave

Hmmm, so no torque sensing. That might be a deal breaker for me. Currently I have a Juiced CCS and love the torque sensor operation. It makes the bike feel like a regular bike.
Yes our bikes will have cadence sensing instead of torque sensing. We've designed both - and there's lots of torque sensing bikes out there - but for these bikes we're focused on hitting that "ease of riding" feeling, just turn the pedals and go, even going up big hills is completely effortless. And of course there's a throttle, which is in hugely popular in North America. Again thanks for the interest!

Sam, you're based out of the lower mainland? I live here, so would love to check out the bikes. Actually would like more information on the bikes and prices before I stop by. But definitely based upon this thread, I'm interested.
All of the Cit-e-Cycles Shops will be carrying DOST - the website will be live with the exact availability dates, pricing spec's etc. - and of course you can sign up on the website to get the emails with more info, cheers,

H

Hey Bob, nicely spotted! Yes, that was me with Surface604 for the past several years. I decided to go out on my own with some of my original team from Surface, we think we've got some winning designes with DOST, it's an exciting time to be in the eBike business, thanks for the support!
Sure thing, I was a big fan of the Surface Oryx carbon, however, does not seem it ever gained any momentum in sales. Looks like you are on your way to interesting designs. Hope you come out with an eMTB version somewhere down the pipeline. Cheers DOST!

Consider updating your website with the models in production. While the motion-graphic of the frame-design is entertaining, it's not very complete or informative.
And yeah, the exploding market must be a grand place to launch a new brand. 👍

I can see where DOST would think that a throttle would negate the need for a torque sensor, but I respectfully disagree. I presently have a Pedego Ridgerider, which I don't like because the bike doesn't fit me, but I do like the fact that it has a cadence and torque sensor, and a throttle. All three are really beneficial.

Come on DOST, how much more would it cost to include a torque sensor?

With the BBS02 as the motor torque sensing is out of the question. The Shengyi 48v mid-drive has an excellent torque sensor, low Qfactor, plenty of magic leg ability, and is being sold in PDX on an $1800 bike that doesn't have the design charachteristics as the Döst admittedly as it is just a semi-generic Safeway unit.

I can see where DOST would think that a throttle would negate the need for a torque sensor, but I respectfully disagree. I presently have a Pedego Ridgerider, which I don't like because the bike doesn't fit me, but I do like the fact that it has a cadence and torque sensor, and a throttle. All three are really beneficial.

Hey Deacon, I see JRA has replied to you. JRA is correct, the BBS02 mid-drive does not support torque sensing, it uses cadence and throttle. There are currently no mid-drives that have throttle/torque sensing that offer the same power and track record for reliability of the BBS02. There are lots of torque sensing bikes on the market for those that want it, but the "ease of riding" + "performance" offered by our mid-drive motor/throttle combination is what many of our customers are asking for.

I just feel like sometimes range stats and bike weight and price can be communicated "honestly" but with a marketing angle... Like, Sam kind of did this when I asked about the price of the bike he described (which had two batteries) but he then gave me the price of the bike with just one battery and I had to ask again to get the upgrade price. I think I was shouting because I was just excited :p and yeah, props to Stromer for their cutting edge designs early on!
More shouting please...it proves EBR has not yet become the Motor Trend of Ebikes.

"no mid-drives that have throttle/torque sensing that offer the same power and track record for reliability of the BBS02"

Translation: "we're using a motor nearing the end of its product lifecycle"

Nothing wrong with the BBS02 if you don't want the latest and greatest, but I think without torque sensing a new product launch in 2020 is DOA.

I've been looking at the Biktrex Juggernaut Ultra 1000 and it has some features that I like, such as big power, torque sensor, cadence sensor, and throttle, but the bike looks really crude and weighs 70 pounds.
I'm also looking at the Moustache Samedi 27, but the full suspension model is just under $7,000 Can.
So, I'm back to looking at this bike for my wife and me. Maybe I can live without the torque sensor.
I've signed up for updates.

I am usually supportive about these projects but honestly you can not throw the RM name then use a bolt on, old motor without Torque sensing.

Your product as you have described is inferior to any bike with a well known system like Bosch, Brose , Shimano and Bafang's torque sensing offerings. For throttle option, I believe TSDZ2 has both throttle option and torque sensor and it may be built to give 750w output (although this motor is probably not on par with the well known offerings in terms of reliability).

Btw, you are emphasizing the dual battery option but it is not necessarily a "better" solution. Bosch probably took this route because they have streamlined their battery production and it is easier to give the option to mix and match their batteries instead of introducing more capacity options with single batteries. You don't have that constraint in your design.

Good luck.

Hi Dewey, price is $3499 for the full suspension, low step model. Without the second battery.
And $2799 for the hardtail version, without the second battery.
The second battery kit is $499.

Sam
Hi, i am in Montreal, is that hardtail price in canadian$? Wich fork is it? What is the weight? Delivery date? Thanks.

Back