DÖST IS LIVE!

Hey Sam,
Maybe this has been answered already, but can you tell me if there will be different sizes available and what size the tires will be? I'm hoping to find something that's basically a fun commuter. :)

Hi @Surigirl,
Our Drop (low step version) will come in 17.5" frame size and Kope (mid-step) will come in 19" frame size. Both will be equipped with 27.5" x 2.4" Schwalbe Super Moto-X Tires that are puncture-resistant and have a reflective sidewall. Sam

Hi Sam,

Would like to know if your bike can be ridden in rain without having to worry about electrical components shutting down? Also, what is the expected range with integrated battery on a flat terrain just using throttle? Thanks.

Looks like They are going LIVE, but not sure who they are targeting with their launch event as I'll be working like a lot of people at the time.

Event hosted at DOSTBIKES.COM/LAUNCH at 11AM on February 25th.

Join our Facebook Group now. We will host a Live Q&A session (Ask Us Anything!) with our founders at launch!

Hi Sam,

Would like to know if your bike can be ridden in rain without having to worry about electrical components shutting down? Also, what is the expected range with integrated battery on a flat terrain just using throttle? Thanks.
We test our bikes vigorously in the Pacific North West where we get rain 250+ rainy days a year! All of our bike components are IP68 rated and are good to be ridden in the rain. As for a flat terrain range using just a throttle - it depends on the load on the bike and level of assist / speed. Say you are 180 lbs rider, riding in level assist 1-3 I'd say 40 miles. Sam

Hey Mike - Sam here. Jason is my engineer and those are our designs. We are still not ready to release the FS yet as its still being worked on/tested. It will be released in the 3Q of 2020.
Sam

Ran across these interesting concept drawings. Shows a few with a rather unique rear suspension, but haven't seen that in anything at the website.

(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

What's unique about the rear suspension? Looks like a copy of the R&M Homage. I wonder if R&M has any patents on their suspended rack design?

What's unique about the rear suspension? Looks like a copy of the R&M Homage. I wonder if R&M has any patents on their suspended rack design?

Original Deleted Member 4210 post removed & coroflot/Jason Fear links removed, what's going on? :)

Google still has it cached: https://www.google.com/search?q=https://www.coroflot.com/JasonFear/Dost-ebikes&tbm=isch

If it's gone just envision a mock up of a R&M homage FS frame with suspended rack. Maybe they didn't want competitors to copy what they copied, haha. Seriously though, good on DOST if they are planning to offer a FS bike with suspended rack and dual battery. Throw on a decent torque sensing motor and now you're talking.

Seriously though, good on DOST if they are planning to offer a FS bike with suspended rack and dual battery. Throw on a decent torque sensing motor and now you're talking.
+1 for me, add a large gross weight capacity, front rack, Rohloff, Gates CDX & i'm sold!

I don't think that any of the Dost lineup will have torque sensing and for me that's a deal breaker. I hope I'm wrong about no T.S.

So I guess they are going to be sold through bike shops so the LIVE event is probably more for them. I love that they are using a controller that supports a throttle, love the dual battery support, and like that it is coming stock with decent tires. I suspect that because of the price point they are aiming at to enable them to sell through the shops, there is no belt-drive coming anytime soon. The Full-Suspension bike is probably going to be delayed even longer than originally thought because of Covid19, and it might be harder to work around any B&M patents if their are any... of course maybe that designer owns the B&M design and they licensed it... always possible... or those early sketches are not what they intend to use. Maybe on the Fate they will some how be able to get a belt drive into the price, or they will eventually sell direct.

Thank you all for your patience as we are getting ready to Launch tomorrow Feb 25th at 11 AM. This event is actually for customers like YOU instead of a dealer.
We have indeed been looking at IGH options, belt drive, TS motor - however, we wanted to prioritize the KEY features and target mass market. Not to say we won't offer them, it will just be a limited run. Coming soon. As soon as my rep from Enviolo gets my spec IGH's built :D
From my experience selling 1000's of eBikes - I learned that most customers are looking for Performance, Comfort and Utility! That's what we have done.
Please join our Facebook group where I will be answering any questions you might have LIVE: facebook.com/groups/dostbikes
www.dostbikes.com/launch

Sam

Attachments

• Image003-2.jpg
    Image003-2.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 323
Back