I pulled the trigger: Zen Photon

CincyKid

Region
USA
I am entralled with this bike. The components. Especially the drive train. I spoke with Ravi and exchanged several text messages. Hard to believe in this day and age you get a response from the owner of an "internet" company so quickly.

I had considered several other brands, and frankly, they all talked themselves out of a sale. Looking at you Ride1Up and Evelo.

The fact that Zen has committed to have their battery/controller UL certified went a long way in my decision making process.

So, did the belt drive and 750 watt mid-drive motor and IGH.

Really looking forward to this!!!!

I am entralled with this bike. The components. Especially the drive train. I spoke with Ravi and exchanged several text messages. Hard to believe in this day and age you get a response from the owner of an "internet" company so quickly.

I had considered several other brands, and frankly, they all talked themselves out of a sale. Looking at you Ride1Up and Evelo.

The fact that Zen has committed to have their battery/controller UL certified went a long way in my decision making process.

Congratulations. It appears that @Ravi Kempaiah is actually trying to build the best eBikes he and his team can build, rather than just making a quick hit before the market cools off. Admirable. 👍

The fact that Zen has committed to having their battery/controller UL certified went a long way in my decision-making process.

Greatly appreciate your business and support.
We will be updating the EBR community on Photon assembly in the next 10 days.
Without going into boring technical details, we designed the BMS and the battery pack to have several safety features and UL 2271 certification. This was a lengthy process and we appreciate the support from riders like yourself.

1705887763905.png

The BMS has smart charging features :
  • Long-life mode
  • Long-range mode
Ideally, you want to be in long-life mode and occasionally use long-range mode when necessary to unlock extra range.

1705888161121.png

1705888202957.png

Back