Zen Photon Pro- Preorder | 1040Wh UL Certified battery | 500W nominal/900W peak power Torque-sensing motor w/ Throttle | USD 2999 | CAD 3999

Hey folks! First time poster. Picked up a Photon Pro today at my bike shop. Pretty excited to put some miles on it.

I'm charging it now, is the high pitched whine normal? The charger itself has a light that flashes red and green. The bars on the battery look like charging. Is this all normal?

Should this be posted in another thread?

I'm gonna love this bike, but it's my first ebike and don't wanna have any issues by charging it wrong.

Thanks!
Did you buy it new or used?

Hey folks! First time poster. Picked up a Photon Pro today at my bike shop. Pretty excited to put some miles on it.

I'm charging it now, is the high pitched whine normal? The charger itself has a light that flashes red and green. The bars on the battery look like charging. Is this all normal?

Should this be posted in another thread?

I'm gonna love this bike, but it's my first ebike and don't wanna have any issues by charging it wrong.

Thanks!
Is the whine a fan-like noise from the charger? Haven't gotten mine yet, but I've ridden quite a few from other companies...chargers can/do make a high pitched whine with the wee fan inside the charger(when there is one).

Of course I'm speculating with zero hands on-- Ravi and the gang would be better able to answer.

Has anyone selected the more swept back handlebar that is used on the Pure model? I noticed that it was mentioned as also available on the Pro model in this thread:

Thought that might afford a more comfortable and upright riding position?

Has anyone selected the more swept back handlebar that is used on the Pure model? I noticed that it was mentioned as also available on the Pro model in this thread:

Thought that might afford a more comfortable and upright riding position?
I'm likely to be swapping a number of parts like bars/stem/saddle, TBH. My hope when it arrives is to get a professional bike fitting done after probably the first 1000km. I never get it just right myself, and folks I know have said it's money well-spent.

Would love to see this same bike with a rear suspension similar to the Frey CC/Savanah

Prototyping at the moment...👍

PXL_20240105_194725040~2.jpg

I know. . .
Zen had this prototype/limited build since early 2023 and I've had this bike since August '23
The news around Biktrix stolen shipping container claimed the frames were unique to them, so it surprised me. Clearly not so unique as claimed.

I personally don't understand the draw of FS and don't care for it myself -- at all. I also don't ride single track, so don't have the use case.

Yeah, thats it! And keep it under 70lbs!!
This one is 77lbs with a 21ah battery and Rohloff hub.

The news around Biktrix stolen shipping container claimed the frames were unique to them, so it surprised me. Clearly not so unique as claimed.

I personally don't understand the draw of FS and don't care for it myself -- at all. I also don't ride single track, so don't have the use case.
I feel bad for Biktrix... But I've busted his balls on here plenty of times in the past for shoveling the s*it about his bikes so I'm not surprised. That's said I don't know who's design this is originally. Like I said, Zen had a limited production run at the beginning of 2023.
I use the bike like an SUV... off-road and trails so I appreciate the FS. The street ride is comfortable as well.

Anyone getting their '24 Photon Pro's delivered yet or seeing shipping confirmations? Last I heard mine would ship last week of April but no word yet.

Mine was shipped last week, Thursday. I emailed Deepak and got a tracking number. My bike is expected to arrive Monday.
I had a similar thought/emailed this morning, though I think I'm one of the later orders in general. It's fine though...we've hopefully just had our last bit of snow here today. :p

Mine was shipped last week, Thursday. I emailed Deepak and got a tracking number. My bike is expected to arrive Monday.
So...how is it? I have yet to hear back. I assume folks are hard at work building em, so I'm not worried... but I am kicking myself for not ordering earlier.

So...how is it? I have yet to hear back. I assume folks are hard at work building em, so I'm not worried... but I am kicking myself for not ordering earlier.
Not here yet. UPS is horrible... According to the tracking... it's still in Halifax. It was picked up on Apr 25, estimated arrival is today, but no updates from UPS. I'm pretty annoyed about it.

Back