Zen Photon Pro- Preorder | 1040Wh UL Certified battery | 500W nominal/900W peak power Torque-sensing motor w/ Throttle | USD 2999 | CAD 3999

Not here yet. UPS is horrible... According to the tracking... it's still in Halifax. It was picked up on Apr 25, estimated arrival is today, but no updates from UPS. I'm pretty annoyed about it.
Dang! They're usually pretty decent here in town, it's purolator and DHL that are all suck. Here's hoping things shake out quickly for you.

Ok, so looks like it's gonna be here from 8 to 12 tomorrow. Hope it doesn't take too long to put together.
Lucky! Please send along a quick review if you would, I'm dying for more info on how it is. I definitely sat too long. Was vaguely hoping it'd be in my hands next week for Bike-to-work week. We put on a good spread here for it. I can't wait to show off. :p

Lucky! Please send along a quick review if you would, I'm dying for more info on how it is. I definitely sat too long. Was vaguely hoping it'd be in my hands next week for Bike-to-work week. We put on a good spread here for it. I can't wait to show off. :p
I can do a first impression if I can get in a ride tomorrow. Then I'll be using the Photon as my daily driver, work, groceries, etc. I'll probably do a full review after a few months.

Finally here. I didn't like that it was transported on its side instead of standing up.
20240508_112950.jpg

I'm likely to be swapping a number of parts like bars/stem/saddle, TBH. My hope when it arrives is to get a professional bike fitting done after probably the first 1000km. I never get it just right myself, and folks I know have said it's money well-spent.

The only thing making me hesitate to order is the largest frame size seems a bit small for taller riders. I was thinking, like you, maybe the fit can be tweaked to fit better.

Any owners out there 6-3 or taller with a 35” inseam find the geometry and fit working and comfortable for them?

Our team typically sends out these details within 12 hours after the bikes have been picked up and UPS has confirmed that the shipment is processed and waiting for DG/Hazmat clearance.

Here’s a brief overview of the timeline:

• UPS takes about 12-16 hours to process the initial paperwork once the bikes are picked up.
  • Following this, the shipment undergoes DG clearance, which can take between 24-36 hours.
  • Once DG clearance is complete, the tracking number becomes active.
Any shipping updates for bikes ordered mid April?

Any shipping updates for bikes ordered mid April?
Our March and April orders were dispatched between the third and fourth weeks of April. However, apx. 40 customer orders are currently held up at U.S. Customs at CBS New York.

As part of the random selection process, a few shipments were chosen for a thorough customs examination. This detailed review requires us to provide a comprehensive manufacturing affidavit for all e-bikes produced. The affidavit includes information on labor, value addition in Canada, R&D, manufacturing processes, and a complete component list of the bikes. Recent legislative changes in New York regarding the types of batteries allowed into the state are resulting in detailed inspections.

For the past 15 days, we have been working to provide extensive documentation regarding bikes, batteries, and manufacturing processes to the customs officers. And till the inspection report is completed, all shipments are being held. This has delayed the delivery of our orders to our U.S. customers.

While this process has been extensive, slow, and at times a tad-bit frustrating, we recognize and appreciate the importance of these new regulations. We are nearing the completion of this process, and we anticipate that the shipment will be released sometime this week. Following this, we will proceed to re-generate tracking numbers for all USA Orders, and they should be delivered soon thereafter.

We understand it's a bit disappointing to be waiting for the delivery. This situation has been beyond our control, and we are eagerly looking forward to all our Photon customers receiving their Pro and Pure bikes by end of next week. 😫

1715722824638.png

Our March and April orders were dispatched between the third and fourth weeks of April. However, apx. 40 customer orders are currently held up at U.S. Customs at CBS New York.

As part of the random selection process, a few shipments were chosen for a thorough customs examination. This detailed review requires us to provide a comprehensive manufacturing affidavit for all e-bikes produced. The affidavit includes information on labor, value addition in Canada, R&D, manufacturing processes, and a complete component list of the bikes. Recent legislative changes in New York regarding the types of batteries allowed into the state are resulting in detailed inspections.

For the past 15 days, we have been working to provide extensive documentation regarding bikes, batteries, and manufacturing processes to the customs officers. And till the inspection report is completed, all shipments are being held. This has delayed the delivery of our orders to our U.S. customers.

While this process has been extensive, slow, and at times a tad-bit frustrating, we recognize and appreciate the importance of these new regulations. We are nearing the completion of this process, and we anticipate that the shipment will be released sometime this week. Following this, we will proceed to re-generate tracking numbers for all USA Orders, and they should be delivered soon thereafter.

We understand it's a bit disappointing to be waiting for the delivery. This situation has been beyond our control, and we are eagerly looking forward to all our Photon customers receiving their Pro and Pure bikes by end of next week. 😫

View attachment 175842

You better ride my bike down to me then! 🙃

View attachment 175842

Great update--thanks. Worth the wait I'm sure!

Ok, got the charger. Let's see if this bike can do 140km on a full charge.

Cold temperatures affect the battery range (so do strong headwinds)
A decent rider with a fairly even contribution from the motor and the rider would offer 140kms of range in assist level 1 or 2, depending on the terrain.
We have several riders crossing more than100kms on a charge.

Having encountered some show-stopping adversity with the Manual CVT(not to worry, I'm taking it up with support, I'm sure it'll all come out in the wash) -- is there a timeline on the Automatiq support? Upgrading is now something I'm very very keen to do.

Back