2021–2022 Riese & Müller Homage

• Thread starter Deleted member 18083
  • Start date
that is what I thought because there is a good video on the push unlock that I watched. So today, I went out to check and that push unlock does not seem to show up with the clockwise turn as I watched the video. I am guessing that there is not a problem but a bit curious and looks like it needs a 25 torx to take it out?
Did you check the brand of your front fork as well?....Is it a Suntour Aion or the Marzocchi Bomber Z2?

It appears to be the Marzocchi Bomber Z2, any thoughts on removing the front tire?
Ok - yeah then it will use a different through axel.. I haven't actually seen these on a Homage yet. Is there a quick release lever on the other side?
If so, I assume you unscrew the opposite side and maybe have to remove the bolt completely....then push and slide the through axel so it is completely out. Then the front wheel should pop out.
Make sure that you either don't touch the brakes or have the pad locks handy so you don't accidentally pull the front brakes when the wheel is not there and lock down the brakes....can be a pain to reset.

Cheers

-Sam

Thanx Sam, but this remains a mystery. It's a new bike and I do not like to start tearing something apart until I begin to have some understanding just what to do. I found a manual on the Z2, but the language and the small pics do not tell me much about removing the axle. I have searched on YouTube tonight but cannot seem to have run across a Z2 axel removal. I guess if I come across a flat tire, I will just have to get into it...

Thanx Sam, but this remains a mystery. It's a new bike and I do not like to start tearing something apart until I begin to have some understanding just what to do. I found a manual on the Z2, but the language and the small pics do not tell me much about removing the axle. I have searched on YouTube tonight but cannot seem to have run across a Z2 axel removal. I guess if I come across a flat tire, I will just have to get into it...
Could you post a picture of the lever side and the bolt side?...I'm sure folks here might be able to help by also looking at it.

Hello, Finally have my two Homage bikes. I ordered a second battery for my wife's single battery bike. Also ordered a second battery cover. Received a battery cover for transportation not for the second battery. Anyone have luck in getting one of these? I can not find them anywhere? Love the bikes so far just been a long process to get them and still have a few things to complete the process.

attempting to get the double battery covers on my new Homage...must come from R&M from what I have been told, so waiting until they arrive...
Could you post a picture of the lever side and the bolt side?...I'm sure folks here might be able to help by also looking at it.

From what I have began to ascertain, it looks as though the axle simply removes from the quick release off of the Z2 axle. The pics do not show the one's I have seen on the other Homage axles...

Hello, Finally have my two Homage bikes. I ordered a second battery for my wife's single battery bike. Also ordered a second battery cover. Received a battery cover for transportation not for the second battery. Anyone have luck in getting one of these? I can not find them anywhere? Love the bikes so far just been a long process to get them and still have a few things to complete the process.
You want OEM part 200723

attempting to get the double battery covers on my new Homage...must come from R&M from what I have been told, so waiting until they arrive...
That is what I am being told as well but they can not give me a idea of timing. been 12 months now. was hoping a shop may have some for sale somewhere. I will post some picks.

Can I ask why you need two new covers. The reason I am asking is one of my covers on the dual battery bike does not fit tight. I am working with the shop to see what the issue is.

I have the double 625 batteries on my new Homage and am looking for the covers so that I can remove the batteries when traveling on my rack...

I have seen them at Propel Bikes web site if you need a second source. I have bought some plugs that go over the electric connections on the bike. they are from bosh. about 4.00 each. they do not cover the whole opening however they do protect the electronics from dirt and rain. A bit less expensive and they seem to work well so far. I can see if I can get a pic when I am with my bike.

thanks John, I have thought about them a bit. Another interesting question. How does one protect the Nyon computer from installing on my bike rack for travel...any thoughts in that regard/

thanks John, I have thought about them a bit. Another interesting question. How does one protect the Nyon computer from installing on my bike rack for travel...any thoughts in that regard/
Take off the display and keep it in the car with you.

Just found out my wife's Homage arrived at the LBS today. Going to pick it up in a couple of hours. This is many weeks earlier than expected, as this week was the week it was scheduled to be manufactured. Just in time for perfect weather tomorrow for some long rides.

Just found out my wife's Homage arrived at the LBS today. Going to pick it up in a couple of hours. This is many weeks earlier than expected, as this week was the week it was scheduled to be manufactured. Just in time for perfect weather tomorrow for some long rides.
What an awesome surprise! Enjoy!

Back