Your experiences with the new Mahle MySmartBike app (replacement for Ebikemotion)

I updated on 26/7. and test drive on 27/7.:
1. - Start / 2. - Finish and press the blue button / 3. - Everything froze and no matter what I did - could not save!
While driving, I app. he didn't do not follow.
Time and kilometers recorded well, the rest of is probably not.
So I don't know - no change for the better, still a problem.
9.8. - I uninstalled from my mobile

Attachments

• After update 7.27.2022.jpg
    After update 7.27.2022.jpg
    356.5 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:
Yes, the app is pretty awful and of little use apart from adjusting the motor maps. Mahle customer services also leave a lot to be desired. I asked them advice about a technical aspect of the iWoc One controller and they gave me completely wrong information then blocked my email address so I couldn't write again! Appalling treatment. I use the PulsarOne for charge/distance/speed information and it can also change assist levels with simple up/down buttons (although it's sometimes unreliable changing assist levels because my bike firmware is out of date and I can't easily get it upgraded). I use Komoot for navigation and planning rides.

I checked the last models from Orbea and they seem to move toward other motor providers, since I got in touch with them due to a firmware issue (they were super friendly and efficient) i told them that iwas very happy with my vibe except for the poor Mahle application. My understanding is that Mahle bought Ebikemotion and for now they seem to lack a clear plan and will to spend ressource on the light motor activity. A wishful thinking is that this will change in the near future.

I forgot about that app. I get the route data from my HarmmerHead Karoo 2 device, I monitor the battery status and change the assistance level with the Orbea diplay. I don't need more than that.

Update 8.8. (1.1.3) - I installed and expected changes.
I didn't find anything, still the same problem (it won't find the bike even when I'm standing next to it).
If I didn't need the climb percentage (I mainly drive up hills), I wouldn't use the app anymore. I can't find other app. s % climb.
Hopefully Fy. Mahle can handle it.

Update 8.8. (1.1.3) - I installed and expected changes.
I didn't find anything, still the same problem (it won't find the bike even when I'm standing next to it).
If I didn't need the climb percentage (I mainly drive up hills), I wouldn't use the app anymore. I can't find other app. s % climb.
Hopefully Fy. Mahle can handle it.
Yesterday the application refused to connect to the bike a very long time, i retsrated the application, the bike, switched BT on and off. After 5mn of trials it finally worked.
I will contact Mahle to see if the controler stored the total kilometers traveled, I would really love this information since i mostly ride without the application and anyway the application odometer reset often (it sort of forget the bike super easily).

The Mahle smart bike app on my iPhone 13pro has switched off the x20 motor three times now on rides, twice when on a steep hill. The bike is faultless as long as the app isn’t connected. I can’t be bothered playing about with it any more.

I recently decided that I should blow off the cobwebs off my Orbea Gain and had to download a new alternative App on my phone (MySmartBike) to connect to bike as Ebikemotion is no longer working or supported. I must say it seems a backward step and wondered if anyone else has had issues. I like to use the Auto Assist with a link to a Heart rate sensor but it seems very unclear how to get this to work.

I’ve given ip with this app. MAHLE has taken an elegantly simple system that worked well and ruined it trying to be the new Garmin. If I just want to cut, say a piece of string, I just need a knife, not a Swiss Army Knife with 100 features.

I've persevered with this app and it now works well following the firmware update from Mahle, available on their website for the X20 system.

I dont use it though. It drained my iPhone completely after a 30 mile ride and told me nothing that my Garmin Edge 580 didn't tell me. Definitely not reccommended.

After the last update on September 27, 2022, apparently the bugs that caused the app to behave irrelevantly have been fixed and so far all I've found is this:
"Test after update" - Unable to increase speed 1+2+3 on PulsarOne, I have to switch to iWocONE ( frame tube) - this is wrong - it needs to be fixed.

The Mahle smart bike app on my iPhone 13pro has switched off the x20 motor three times now on rides, twice when on a steep hill. The bike is faultless as long as the app isn’t connected. I can’t be bothered playing about with it any more.
Has the app any purpose on automatic ride adjustment , especially when working with the torque sensor? Otherwise I tend to agree that you can just ignore it. On my Specialized e-bike I rarely use their app as all intel is also displayed on my Garmin Edge. Guess this works the same way here too? Would be interesting since I am about to buy the same bike like you (well almost, the paint work on the 30 is awesome but I cannot find it anywhere in my size, so will have to go for the 20 that has the SRAM system as main difference - and a less cool colour)

After the last update on September 27, 2022, apparently the bugs that caused the app to behave irrelevantly have been fixed and so far all I've found is this:
"Test after update" - Unable to increase speed 1+2+3 on PulsarOne, I have to switch to iWocONE ( frame tube) - this is wrong - it needs to be fixed.
That problem is not going to be solved with the application, I already told you that you have to update the battery firmware

Has the app any purpose on automatic ride adjustment , especially when working with the torque sensor? Otherwise I tend to agree that you can just ignore it. On my Specialized e-bike I rarely use their app as all intel is also displayed on my Garmin Edge. Guess this works the same way here too? Would be interesting since I am about to buy the same bike like you (well almost, the paint work on the 30 is awesome but I cannot find it anywhere in my size, so will have to go for the 20 that has the SRAM system as main difference - and a less cool colour)
Question: Do you also see "Slope - (Z)" on Garmin Edge - if so, what type do you have. Thank you

Attachments

• Slope.jpg
    Slope.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 93
That problem is not going to be solved with the application, I already told you that you have to update the battery firmware
It is far from my hand to update in the company.
If I drive without the app on my mobile, the wheel changes normally with the help of 1+2+3.
As soon as I turn on the app, it doesn't work. This is a problem in a poorly configured application,
which must be solved by the company's experts, if updates are not also carried out by every seller with us.

It is far from my hand to update in the company.
If I drive without the app on my mobile, the wheel changes normally with the help of 1+2+3.
As soon as I turn on the app, it doesn't work. This is a problem in a poorly configured application,
which must be solved by the company's experts, if updates are not also carried out by every seller with us.
Let's see, the Pulsar One works well for you? what you say is that when you turn on the application stops working well?

Let's see, the Pulsar One works well for you? what you say is that when you turn on the application stops working well?
I am currently testing after the last update on 27/09/2022.
The app records better than before, but if I turn on on PulsarOne 2 or 3 - it keeps returning to 1.
If I switch to iWocONE on the frame, the change is also visible in PulsarOne.
Without the app running, the PulsarOne switches +- fine. I probably won't deal with it. I am mainly interested in % Slope in the application.

I am currently testing after the last update on 27/09/2022.
The app records better than before, but if I turn on on PulsarOne 2 or 3 - it keeps returning to 1.
If I switch to iWocONE on the frame, the change is also visible in PulsarOne.
Without the app running, the PulsarOne switches +- fine. I probably won't deal with it. I am mainly interested in % Slope in the application.

look at the end of the document the compatibility with the firmware with the only one compatible is with the final 121, with the others there are problems, the app has nothing to do with it, I updated and without problems since then

The automatic ride adjustment still hasn't been implemented and I don't know why it would be useful. The settings feel like Level 1 is about 3-%, level 2 is about 60% and level 3 is 100%.

Back