Your experiences with the new Mahle MySmartBike app (replacement for Ebikemotion)

@Veteran today morning we released an update for android that fix the issue about the “strange texts” on the app when you open it without internet. Let me know if it fix it ;)

Greetings JaviGPZ
Update MySmartbike from Google Play 19.102022 = 1.1.6 / 57.61 MB
I cleared the cache and then installed a new app.
Today's result - the previous version was better, today again problems.
In the previous version, I could record and save 3 different rides in a row.
Today I noticed with the SAVE only one, the other 3 attempts were bad.
1. The first ride - after activating the app. found both the engine and the GPS - but did not find PULSOMETER (Heart Rate Sensor). PulsarOne Heart Rate Sensor found O.K..
After the ride, everything SAVED – O.K..
Activity #711795
https://my-smartbike.com/activity/fe0036d2-1d8b-685b-d726-522be96bb9f7
2. Second ride – NO eBIKES FOUND – NO Heart Rate Sensor, (Elevation+Speed=O.K.), yet I passed and managed to SAVE - O.K.
Activity #711794
https://my-smartbike.com/activity/8be21dec-3e4d-600e-221e-7cb0b87a64ed
3. Third ride again - NO eBIKES FOUND – NO Heart Rate Sensor, (Elevation+Speed=O.K.), yet I passed and managed to SAVE - O.K.
Activity #711796
https://my-smartbike.com/activity/00910151-b058-212b-15dd-e791d14a205e
"Strange texts" did not appear in the application, but the previous app.showed better records
and could be stored without the Internet – but in this new one, too.
Mainly I don't understand: No eBikes Foud and Heart Rate Sensor not found when I'm standing next to the bike.
Everything could be activated and saved even without a network = O.K.. 3 rides saved in Dashboard - possible to view.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 95
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 93
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 86
Greetings JaviGPZ
1. The first ride - after activating the app. found both the engine and the GPS - but did not find PULSOMETER (Heart Rate Sensor). PulsarOne Heart Rate Sensor found O.K..
Activity #711795
2. Second ride – NO eBIKES FOUND – NO Heart Rate Sensor, (Elevation+Speed=O.K.), yet I passed and managed to SAVE - O.K.
Activity #711794
3. Third ride again - NO eBIKES FOUND – NO Heart Rate Sensor, (Elevation+Speed=O.K.), yet I passed and managed to SAVE - O.K.
Activity #711796
"Strange texts" did not appear in the application, but the previous app.showed better records
Mainly I don't understand: No eBikes Foud and Heart Rate Sensor not found when I'm standing next to the bike.
Everything could be activated and saved even without a network = O.K.. 3 rides saved in Dashboard - possible to view.
when you delete or uninstall an application you have to delete data and cache and reinstall clean, see if that solves your problems

Greetings JaviGPZ
Activity #711795
Activity #711794
Activity #711796
The last two versions are exactly the same but the last just fix the issue about the "Strange texts" without internet.

The problem that you have it is that:
- Bike is on
- On the app you tap on the connect to eBike but you receive "No eBikes found"

Possible solutions:
Solution 1:
- Check on the your phone (not on the app) Settings -> Connections -> Bluetooth if you added your bike is added "Link devices". In that case Unlink it. The Operative System should not have the bike added on the list.
Solution 2:
- Kill the app (https://www.lifewire.com/close-apps-on-android-4164116)
- Reboot your bike and try again. And check if the colored ring becomes blue. If not becomes blue open the app and try to connect again.

Greetings from the Czech Republic
Right now it's raining here, I'm only connecting on my home network. On Sunday, I'll try out the off-network connection on the go.
With Android, I made the proposed solution 1st + 2nd (just in certainty) the connection with the bike went fine as it should be.
When the application was switched on and deactivated, the blue always lit up. As soon as it dries out, I'll do a ride and let you know.
I appreciate that there is no need to write anything with SAVE. I edit everything in Dashbvoard. I only carry glasses with me at a distance.

Attachments

• Zavřít Android.jpg
    Zavřít Android.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:
Today Saturday I tested the app and the result is very good.
During the circuit I made 4 different records (4x Start-Save) and each went to activate
and save without the presence of the network – everything is recorded in the Dashboard in order.
On a side note, a thing that I don't take seriously, I follow my app Polar.:
I also compared the HEART RATE records with the Polar M430 and everything matches with some small details.
Example - Polar shows me 738 kcal and app. Mahle 30 cal. – Polar 1352 kcal app. Mahle 1,880.99 cal. (I will compare again, I had an older assignment of 1kg in Polar more).
In one post, someone complained about the high battery loss.
I guess he had all the time open display all the time and the consumption is then probably high.
I activate the app., turn off the display and put it in my jersey pocket all the way. My battery consumption is very low.

Thank you for the app, too bad it's already the end of the season. So I will use it in full work next year.

Attachments

• What is it.jpg
    What is it.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 98
  • Insufficient location.jpg
    Insufficient location.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
The second test on Sunday took place without any defects with both the START application and the SAVE route.
As I wrote above, I am glad that there is no need to write anything to "SAVE ACTIVITY" and it is possible to immediately perform "SAVE".
In Dashoboard, I'll edit everything
Satisfaction on my part, thank you.

Last edited:
The second test on Sunday took place without any defects with both the START application and the SAVE route.
As I wrote above, I am glad that there is no need to write anything to "SAVE ACTIVITY" and it is possible to immediately perform "SAVE".
In Dashoboard, I'll edit everything
The difference in CAL notation remains: Polar 159 kcal - app Mahle 51,62 cal.
Satisfaction on my part, thank you.
Does the Android update now include motor mapping?

Does the Android update now include motor mapping?
Engine mapping is included in the app, but I do not use this option, so I can not give more information.
I still have 100% as it is in the picture. I only use help when climbing hills. I have not yet figured out why this to use it and what it is good for.
If I set 50%, the engine will probably give 50% and then I wouldn't actually use the engine power.
For engine power, I use 1/2/3 assistance levels + I have 22 speeds on my bike, so I solve everything through derailleur.

Attachments

• Motor map.jpg
    Motor map.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:
The application works fine, all records correspond to reality.
I only attach to the photo the difference in calories.
Thank you for the app.

Attachments

• Calories.jpg
    Calories.jpg
    404.3 KB · Views: 94
The application works fine, all records correspond to reality.
I only attach to the photo the difference in calories.
Thank you for the app.
Thank you @Veteran for all your feedback. I am happy to see that you are happy with our app. Sadly as you said the bad weather is coming so will be difficult to continue enjoying our bikes during the following months.
During this winter we will release huge update with more information and fixes.

About the calories. It is something about we are working for that huge update. We will show the Calories information during the ride (if you use the phone on the handlebar) and also we will add more precision to calculate the Calories value.

Thanks for use our app ;)

@ikell I am sorry but the motor maps on X20 it is something that we can not offer on any platform. It is necessary a firmware update on the bike but that firmware update it is right now under development/testing.
Once it is released I will contact you with information about how to upgrade it and start using the motor maps :)

Thanks for your patience.

Latest thing I had this morning was the app after charging first showing the 32 error (error in the HMI-ECU communication). Now the battery apopears charged on thr unit and the bike behaves normal. However the app does not show any battery load % information. Strange....

Attachments

• IMG_1767.jpeg
    IMG_1767.jpeg
    75.2 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_1768.jpeg
    IMG_1768.jpeg
    97.2 KB · Views: 89
This has happened to me a few times - before the latest firmware update the assistance shut down too. As the last firmware update was august I imagine your bike will be up to date. Reboot and see if that cures it, did or me.

This has happened to me a few times - before the latest firmware update the assistance shut down too. As the last firmware update was august I imagine your bike will be up to date. Reboot and see if that cures it, did or me.
Thanks for your tip. When I rebooted the bike, it showed at least battery status again (86%) but it does not seem charging (left it on for some hours)
I now did try to update the bike and the update seemed to have worked as the controller and joystick now show a new FW version. Battery still shows the same version (and in engineering view no battery data is displayed which is strange too, as is the range indication of 1623 km)
See before and after in the attachments.
After that the charger stays constant green and the controller bar is a light blue full bar. Still stays at 86%. pressing the reboot button on the app makes 2 times the 32er error shorty appear then it shows normal status again.

I closed the app, then unplugged the charger and plugged it in again. Charger light is constant blue and head unit light constant light blue. After -3 minutes charger switches to constant green )which should mean that i's fully loaded). App however still displays the battery status as 86%.

This is irritating. We want to do a longer run tomorrow and I wanted to charge the bike 100% before.
Seems it only charged the bike once when I got it but then never again although I plugged it in after the 2 rides I did so far
But it seems the battery still won't charge (or it is charged but the app can't read it properly from the bike).

Attachments

• IMG_1791.jpeg
    IMG_1791.jpeg
    59.3 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_1790.jpeg
    IMG_1790.jpeg
    101 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_1789.jpeg
    IMG_1789.jpeg
    98.9 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_1787.jpeg
    IMG_1787.jpeg
    240.3 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_1785.jpeg
    IMG_1785.jpeg
    58.1 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_1784.jpeg
    IMG_1784.jpeg
    58.6 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_1780.jpeg
    IMG_1780.jpeg
    58.3 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_1779.jpeg
    IMG_1779.jpeg
    87.3 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:
Thanks for your tip. When I rebooted the bike, it showed at least battery status again (86%) but it does not seem charging (left it on for some hours)
I now did try to update the bike and the update seemed to have worked as the controller and joystick now show a new FW version. Battery still shows the same version (and in engineering view no battery data is displayed which is strange too, as is the range indication of 1623 km)
See before and after in the attachments.
After that the charger stays constant green and the controller bar is a light blue full bar. Still stays at 86%. pressing the reboot button on the app makes 2 times the 32er error shorty appear then it shows normal status again.

I closed the app, then unplugged the charger and plugged it in again. Charger light is constant blue and head unit light constant light blue. After -3 minutes charger switches to constant green )which should mean that i's fully loaded). App however still displays the battery status as 86%.

This is irritating. We want to do a longer run tomorrow and I wanted to charge the bike 100% before.
Seems it only charged the bike once when I got it but then never again although I plugged it in after the 2 rides I did so far
But it seems the battery still won't charge (or it is charged but the app can't read it properly from the bike).
I haven’t had this problem yet. When I come back from a ride I plug it in and it charges up to 100%. If you call up the actual assist mode on the bike does the HMi show a full bar in green/orange/purple? If so I would believe the bike rather than the app. Also I see you have a Garmin Edge with a rtl515 or similar - is this correct? Have you connected that to the bike? That is what I use on a ride as the iOS app drains my iPhone very quickly and the Garmin tells me everything I need to know - how much % is left, what level of assist I am on. Sorry I can’t be more helpful.

I haven’t had this problem yet. When I come back from a ride I plug it in and it charges up to 100%. If you call up the actual assist mode on the bike does the HMi show a full bar in green/orange/purple? If so I would believe the bike rather than the app. Also I see you have a Garmin Edge with a rtl515 or similar - is this correct? Have you connected that to the bike? That is what I use on a ride as the iOS app drains my iPhone very quickly and the Garmin tells me everything I need to know - how much % is left, what level of assist I am on. Sorry I can’t be more helpful.
Yes it shows a full bar , so maybe it is actually loaded 100%.
When riding, I indeed only use my Garmin Edge 830. So the app was really more for controlling battery charge .

Yes it shows a full bar , so maybe it is actually loaded 100%.
When riding, I indeed only use my Garmin Edge 830. So the app was really more for controlling battery charge .
Have you connected the 830 to the bike to see what it says about your battery charge status?

@JaviGPZ

since june i can't record my bike rides. Last time I could do that on version 1.0. After, it seems to me, June 13, and version 1.1.1, until this latest ver.1.1.6, always the same story. It starts properly, and after 4-5 seconds it stops (screenshot_1.) after "exiting" (screenshot_2.) a message is received (screenshot_3.). The app properly connects to the bike and properly reads engine maps and so on, but it will not record the bike ride at all.

I've tried everything:
- turned the phone off/on
- turned location off/on manually
- closed/opened the application
- repeated multiple times with starting recording
- unpair from APP and re-pair bike
- uninstall APP and re-install again
- disable battery saving or optimizations
- cleared memory cache before reinstallation and afterwards

Phone model: Galaxy A31
Android version: 12

I would be very, very grateful if you could help me.

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.jpg
    Screenshot_1.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 74
  • Screenshot_2.jpg
    Screenshot_2.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 85
  • Screenshot_3.jpg
    Screenshot_3.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 102
Have you connected the 830 to the bike to see what it says about your battery charge status?
Yes just did this when coming back home. It says 100% o that sounds fine but battery cycles is also in the Garmin device displayed as only one. So it seems battery is fully charged but something still is weird. Let's see how it goes on our seaside trip tomorrow.

Attachments

• IMG_1793.jpeg
    IMG_1793.jpeg
    115 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_1794.jpeg
    IMG_1794.jpeg
    116.7 KB · Views: 73
Yes just did this when coming back home. It says 100% o that sounds fine but battery cycles is also in the Garmin device displayed as only one. So it seems battery is fully charged but something still is weird. Let's see how it goes on our seaside trip tomorrow.
Ah! That is because you have only charged the battery completely once. Charging back up from say 80% is a fifth of a charge. This confused me at first until I realised that it counts full charges not partial ones but partial ones count up until they equal a full charge......I think. I dont really know, but that is how it seems to me. I have only charged the battery 17 times since August according to my app but I have done 1000 miles on it. So I would not worry, enjoy your ride tomorrow and see how much you use on the ride. Have a great day out!

Back