Stromer ST2 Firmware Update

ChrisL
This is what you do to reset the Daylight

Stromer ST2 Day LED Setting

To the set the Daylight:

1. Set the bike on the main screen that has Lock, Off, Sensor, Move, Menu.

2. Pull and hold the right brake lever.

3. While holding the right brake lever, push the Menu icon.

4. While holding the a Menu icon, release the brake lever.

5. Continue holding the Menu icon until the screen automatically takes you to the MENU.

6. Scroll down to SERVICE and select it.

7. In SERVICE, select SETTINGS.

8. In SETTINGS, you’ll see DL AUTONOM. The setting should be OFF, so just press the OFF to change it to ON.

9. Press the On / Off switch underneath the top tube to exit this menu.

10. You’re done.

You rule! Thanks!

Now... does anybody have any idea what SIT ENABLE and MCU PARAM do?

Last edited:
You rule! Thanks!

Now... does anybody have any idea was SIT ENABLE and MCU PARAM do?
SIT is Stromers integrated testing module for the electronics. It will go through all the electronics and do a test on al functions with a pass/fail. Used primarily for dealer diagnosis. The MCU on the ST2 affects whether the daytime running light is either on or off. Not sure what is does on the ST1.

SIT is Stromers integrated testing module for the electronics. It will go through all the electronics and do a test on al functions with a pass/fail. Used primarily for dealer diagnosis. The MCU on the ST2 affects whether the daytime running light is either on or off. Not sure what is does on the ST1.

Per JFane's instructions, DL AUTONOM is the setting to control the daytime running light. I can confirm that this is the case. You think MCU does the same thing? That sure would be an odd design.

Per JFane's instructions, DL AUTONOM is the setting to control the daytime running light. I can confirm that this is the case. You think MCU does the same thing? That sure would be an odd design.
Oops, you are right. Let me go out to the garage and take a look.

Motor Control Unit......where you can see live behavior as you apply pedal torque.

John, I have 1.5.0 as well. In the next few weeks, SUI 2.0 should be available.

Just today received a text announcing I will be receiving 2.0 update anybody else receive this new software update yet
This was the text message:
Dear John
Your ST2 will receive a software update soon. For detailed information and instructions, please visit: (Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

Your Stromer Team

Last edited:
Yes I recieved same. Sounds like update we have been hearing about is almost ready. Thanks for all the links for instructions .Good luck everyone on installing new app. and bike firmware.

Last edited:
Interesting

New app not available in app store yet . old one stopped functioning . You cannot simply not install this update if you do not want it. It removes light settings from the bike ( which ones ? )
EU Directive ? Which EU Directive
  • New light management system to meet EU Directive which comes into force in 2016
  1. Lighting switches on automatically when vehicle starts
  2. Daytime running light settings removed from menu
Are we forced to bike with permanent light on ?
Bluetooth still not available ( is it that hard ? )
  • The app offers additional functions
  1. Locking and unlocking using the app
  2. Motor and battery temperature
  3. Battery life status
  4. Stromer Cam - share your Stromer images on social networks
Locking and unlocking only through portal in that case which means it only works with a cell phone connection.

Curious on your experiences on this one

Site appears to be down this morning, anyone else?
I am having issues with my iPhone app connecting to the bike cannot get status on bike screen keeps freezing don't know if this is related to my bike downloading the new software states that it's starting downloads December 12 .
My bike is showing 4 out of 5 bars for a least 15-20 minutes and no update notice came through as yet just thought it was odd that my app is not working properly today
And of course with our 60+ degree weather in the Northeast in New Jersey I want to get out on the bike

Site is back up but little help to me at this time. Bike still functions ,assume my last tuning is still there. I have not received a text, my app doesn't work, can't find new app any google play where I got the old one, bike has not shown anything has come to it.

As long as it functions as is I am ok, last tuning a little fast but , continuing to dress an prep for 12pm departure. This wil get cleared up soon I would think and not going to worry about it

Site is back up but little help to me at this time. Bike still functions ,assume my last tuning is still there. I have not received a text, my app doesn't work, can't find new app any google play where I got the old one, bike has not shown anything has come to it.

As long as it functions as is I am ok, last tuning a little fast but , continuing to dress an prep for 12pm departure. This wil get cleared up soon I would think and not going to worry about it
My app is still not working cannot connect to the bike . Just have a frozen screen.
I did take the bike out today for 37 mile ride all functioning on my last custom setting no issues on the ride. No notification that new software was downloaded on the touch screen yet
I will everyone posted

My app is still not working cannot connect to the bike . Just have a frozen screen.
I did take the bike out today for 37 mile ride all functioning on my last custom setting no issues on the ride. No notification that new software was downloaded on the touch screen yet
I will everyone posted

I have the 2.0 app.
I like it. There are some welcome features.

I have the 2.0 app.
I like it. There are some welcome features.[/QUOTE

Hey Ravi where did you get it? Was it for iPhone or Android? Can't find not on Apple updates was the one you have an update that updated your original app? Just trying to figure out if my update come up can't install it without the new app update

It seems myStromerAG screwed it up.

After installing firmware 2.0 on ST2, software 2.0 must be installed on the mobile phone. As the new software (AKA "App") is still not available, I recommend to decline any update at the ST2.

I received the ST2 Firmware updates today (Sunday) on both St2 bikes (wife's and mine) and despite the fact that the new mobile app is not available yet I went ahead and installed the firmware updates on the bikes ......install was pretty straight forward, it came in two separate updates, the TNT Communications update was first and then after it installed the SUI touchscreen software came in. Only takes about a minute for each one to install, obviously you don't want to inturupt the install by removing battery or anything like that.......you'll end up with messages on both that the install was successful.

One interesting note was that my battery was topped of but it was under 40 degrees F. Outside so my omni screen indicated the battery was at 96 % instead of 100% which it will do when it's cold......I read in the release notes that this issue was addressed with the new firmware......so I noticed right away after I finished the install the battery screen on the omni had gone from 96% before firmware to 100% after the install, so I guess that cold weather battery indication was indeed fixed with this firmware version.

Update .......just got the iOS Stromer Mobile update a few moments ago, have not seen the Android mobile app update, but it should show up soon.

;+)

Last edited:
Back