Roadster V2 Gravel Edition

Add on battery came today. Installation was easy if you follow the video but the middle bolt for the bracket was too short so I had to make a trip to the hardware store.

Here she is.

Attachments

• 20230206_112119 (1).jpg
    20230206_112119 (1).jpg
    657.2 KB · Views: 197
  • 20230207_074506.jpg
    20230207_074506.jpg
    551.1 KB · Views: 205
  • 20230207_074506.jpg
    20230207_074506.jpg
    551.1 KB · Views: 208
  • 20230207_074537.jpg
    20230207_074537.jpg
    447 KB · Views: 193
  • 20230207_074522.jpg
    20230207_074522.jpg
    491.3 KB · Views: 194
Reactions: PSm
Here she is.
Jimmy I think you have the mounting plate on backwards. The plates recessed holes should go over the bottle cage mounts so that the plate sets flush with the frame. See this in the video at about 6:20 in. https://support.ride1up.com/support...79581-roadster-v2-add-on-battery-installation

Here is a shot of mine w/o the battery itself. If I'm riding above 25 miles then I'll add the battery, if not I ride without the battery. To help in keeping dust/debris off the connectors I use a Fahrer cap. And to stop the vibration noise I stick some pipe insulation behind battery plate, use a short "Spiderweb.com" ball bunge I had from my Jeep days and stick some good old electrical tape at the joints at the top where the key slot is.

I have both the regular V2 and the gravel. Great little bikes aren't they?
P2063550.JPGP2063552.JPG

Jimmy I think you have the mounting plate on backwards. The plates recessed holes should go over the bottle cage mounts so that the plate sets flush with the frame. See this in the video at about 6:20 in. https://support.ride1up.com/support...79581-roadster-v2-add-on-battery-installation

Here is a shot of mine w/o the battery itself. If I'm riding above 25 miles then I'll add the battery, if not I ride without the battery. To help in keeping dust/debris off the connectors I use a Fahrer cap. And to stop the vibration noise I stick some pipe insulation behind battery plate, use a short "Spiderweb.com" ball bunge I had from my Jeep days and stick some good old electrical tape at the joints at the top where the key slot is.

View attachment 146543View attachment 146544
Oops lol. It is working out fine though. Usually my 7 mile ride in this cold weather would knock out 1 sometimes 2 bars on the battery depending on how much pas I use but today I haven't even knocked off 1 bar yet.

View attachment 146543View attachment 146544
I use a Velcro strap, to stop an annoying rattle over bumps. Light and easy to take on and off. And having the bracket in the right orientation, helps keep things flush and maybe more secure?
A248BFA2-ABB1-4481-BD9A-E166E60C639E.jpeg

Pictures please! Let me know when you want to swap displays!
Contacted Ride1up about purchase of the new display with throttle. They said it was not available yet. They also said it would require the install of a new controller.
If you get the display from jimmy666 let us know if its a simple plug and play with your existing controller.

Is that an hardware update to the existing LCD display ? Mine (roadster gravel from Dec'22) doesn't have all these options.
Anyway to firmware upgrade the existing hardware.
I'd like to test the PAS level 0-7 or 0-9. I find the 0-5 levels too steep (only using 1,2 and 3).
No Hardware. It is a integrated throttle and display.

Contacted Ride1up about purchase of the new display with throttle. They said it was not available yet. They also said it would require the install of a new controller.
If you get the display from jimmy666 let us know if its a simple plug and play with your existing controller.
I bought the sw102 from Ride1up and it was plug and play so I would think it would work the other way around.

I use a Velcro strap, to stop an annoying rattle over bumps. Light and easy to take on and off. And having the bracket in the right orientation, helps keep things flush and maybe more secure?View attachment 146552
funny enough, I put that bracket on backwards and I didn't hear any rattling at all today and part of the road to work is rough enough that I would have heard some.

I bought the sw102 from Ride1up and it was plug and play so I would think it would work the other way around.

I plan to change mine to the throttle display when they become available. I hope its is just plug in and go.
I have a question about your new sw102 display. Can you see the information on the display outside in the sun wearing sunglasses?
Cant see mine at all without pulling my sunglasses down.

I plan to change mine to the throttle display when they become available. I hope its is just plug in and go.
I have a question about your new sw102 display. Can you see the information on the display outside in the sun wearing sunglasses?
Cant see mine at all without pulling my sunglasses down.
I rode Gravel yesterday with my sunglasses and had to pull them down in order to see display. Must be something with Polarized glasses?

I rode Gravel yesterday with my sunglasses and had to pull them down in order to see display. Must be something with Polarized glasses?
Seems likely. Unfortunately all my glasses are polarized. Very sunny here in St George Utah. Cant ride without them.

Seems likely. Unfortunately all my glasses are polarized. Very sunny here in St George Utah. Cant ride without them.
Yeah, that was always a problem with my Roadster (2021). I even ordered non-polarized sunglasses online, just for biking.

However after I got my EggRider display, my (awesome) experience here:
no longer a problem, since that one is okay with polarized sunglasses.

Hopefully people with the newer SW102 or throttle display, can report on viewability with polarized sunglasses. I hear that the newer SW102 may be better, and may be more like my EggRider?

Back