Roadster V2 Gravel Edition

Is that an hardware update to the existing LCD display ? Mine (roadster gravel from Dec'22) doesn't have all these options.
Anyway to firmware upgrade the existing hardware.
I'd like to test the PAS level 0-7 or 0-9. I find the 0-5 levels too steep (only using 1,2 and 3).
Same here. That’s why I got the EggRider aftermarket display (details in above post), with my final settings now PAS1 = 20 watts assist, PAS2=40, PAS3=100, PAS456789 = 150/200/250/300/350/500 watts

Would be interesting to see if the new throttle display allows PAS # of levels adjustments.

funny enough, I put that bracket on backwards and I didn't hear any rattling at all today and part of the road to work is rough enough that I would have heard some.
Imagine it’s dependent on the specific manufacturing tolerances of the battery and the holder, and flexing over time of the plastic. If I recall, didn’t immediately have the rattling problem, but was over the first few thousand miles. Settled on Velcro as the easy fix.

Yeah, that was always a problem with my Roadster (2021). I even ordered non-polarized sunglasses online, just for biking.

However after I got my EggRider display, my (awesome) experience here:
no longer a problem, since that one is okay with polarized sunglasses.

Hopefully people with the newer SW102 or throttle display, can report on viewability with polarized sunglasses. I hear that the newer SW102 may be better, and may be more like my EggRider?
Broke my original display in the first few months so I have the newer Gen 2 display. Gen 2 is not visible with my sunglasses. Wonder if this is why the roadster displays are no longer for sale on the Ride1up website.

Broke my original display in the first few months so I have the newer Gen 2 display. Gen 2 is not visible with my sunglasses. Wonder if this is why the roadster displays are no longer for sale on the Ride1up website.
I just bought one 2 weeks ago.

I plan to change mine to the throttle display when they become available. I hope its is just plug in and go.
I have a question about your new sw102 display. Can you see the information on the display outside in the sun wearing sunglasses?
Cant see mine at all without pulling my sunglasses down.
It is not plug and play. I confirmed with Brad at Ride 1 Up today. If you have a new Gravelster and have the Display/Throttle combo, the old Display will plug and play. If you have an old Gravelster with old display, you need a new controller if you want the Throttle/Display...

Yeah, that was always a problem with my Roadster (2021). I even ordered non-polarized sunglasses online, just for biking.

However after I got my EggRider display, my (awesome) experience here:
no longer a problem, since that one is okay with polarized sunglasses.

Hopefully people with the newer SW102 or throttle display, can report on viewability with polarized sunglasses. I hear that the newer SW102 may be better, and may be more like my EggRider?
Since I have both the original and Gen 2 displays thought I would check visibility through polarized glasses. Took the bike outside in the sun placed the camera lens behind my sunglasses and took the pics.
The one with the orange power button is the display that came with the bike.
Original is not great but much better than Gen 2.

Attachments

• display1.jpg
    display1.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 142
  • display2.jpg
    display2.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 136
Per Ride1Up, here is the link to the original displays. And you're right they aren't easily accessible on their site.
I also asked them just how much would the new display/controller cost. They gave me a kind of cost estimate though no stock on them or firm costing. Their controllers typically run about $75 and the displays $50-$85. So to upgrade is maybe going to be in the $125-$150+ range. Not that I care on my regular Roadster, but maybe on the Gravel. Or go to the EggRider.

Last edited:
1. So the Gravel Roadster has a throttle now? Don't see it on the website.
2. Can you order it with the 2nd battery already installed? Don't see that option on the website either.

2. Can you order it with the 2nd battery already installed? Don't see that option on the website either.
I think they are slowly rolling out the new displays on new bikes right now.

I have 2 Gravels with the original display. I have asked about the display with throttle and the party line answer is "check our website"

Also, I understand that my Gravelsters that have the original display, will need a new controller in order to support new display. New Gravelsters that wish to go with original displays are plug and play...

My Gravelster is in route to Savannah this second. I have it tracked thru Colorado last night. Should be here Monday!!!
Can't wait!
I hope I'm getting the new display with the throttle.. *fingers crossed*

Has anyone here tried the Tannus Airless Tires on your Gravelster or Roadster? Thinking if they work that would make these bikes almost completely maintenance free.

I don't have anyone to complain to, so it looks like YOURE going to hear it...

FedEx said they should have been here between 11 am and 3pm and now hear it is 5pm and still NO FedEx! The tracking still says out for delivery but now the 11 to 3 notation is gone...

I've been sitting hear all day ready to go! Is it possible they wont show at all today?! grr...

I don't have anyone to complain to, so it looks like YOURE going to hear it...

FedEx said they should have been here between 11 am and 3pm and now hear it is 5pm and still NO FedEx! The tracking still says out for delivery but now the 11 to 3 notation is gone...

I've been sitting hear all day ready to go! Is it possible they wont show at all today?! grr...
I would expect it not to come today. the same thing happened to me and it ended up coming the next day.

I would expect it not to come today. the same thing happened to me and it ended up coming the next day.
Im so disappointed. I know that's life but I was really stoked to get this bike today. They scanned the dang thing in at 6am this morning on the truck! Says out for delivery. I hate FedEx.
Yes, I'm a 56 year old baby today.

OMG its here!!!! Ill update later!! Box looks MINT! No damage. Thanks...
Ok. Very happy. The bike came in Mint condition. Packaged pretty good. A billion zip ties. Appears to have come with a near full battery. Only took about 45 mins to get a green on the charger..
Rode outside in the dark with a headlamp in my street for a min.. was at 20mph in no time.. seems like assist #1 or 2 would be fine around here.. #5 was pretty darn scary..lol. im sure ill get used to it quickly..

oh, and I DID get the updated controller with the throttle. Also, I noticed when you turn it on its backlit for a sec...Im thinking theres a setting to keep the back light on..

Very happy so far. Guess I have to wait until tomorrow for the first official ride.

Thanks everyone and what a great site you have!

Ok. Very happy. The bike came in Mint condition. Packaged pretty good. A billion zip ties. Appears to have come with a near full battery. Only took about 45 mins to get a green on the charger..
Rode outside in the dark with a headlamp in my street for a min.. was at 20mph in no time.. seems like assist #1 or 2 would be fine around here.. #5 was pretty darn scary..lol. im sure ill get used to it quickly..

oh, and I DID get the updated controller with the throttle. Also, I noticed when you turn it on its backlit for a sec...Im thinking theres a setting to keep the back light on..

Very happy so far. Guess I have to wait until tomorrow for the first official ride.

Thanks everyone and what a great site you have!
Just hold the up button for a few seconds and the backlight will turn on.

Just hold the up button for a few seconds and the backlight will turn on.
Ha! OK thanks.. I knew there was a way.. I can't find any info about that display like how to get into settings and stuff.. But the light thing is CRUCIAL.
I'm at work and don't get off for another 3 hours.. Can't wait!!! First real ride this afternoon!!

Back